PDA

View Full Version : Seen these? MimiTens mittens?

Melaine
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
I saw these on http://www.ecobabybuys.com/

Here is the website http://store.mimitens.com/

They look cool! Just curious if anyone had ever tried them. We are in the South so I don't think the price would be worth it for us BUT I was thinking about sewing some babylegs to mittens! Anyone seen these?

pb&j
10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
If you're wearing a coat, wouldn't it would be hard to get the long cuffs up the coat sleeve?

ourbabygirl
10-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe you put on the mittens first, then the coat.

toby
10-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I was actually going to post to see what cold weather mamas did about their DC's cold wrists. I think that my mom used to sew the calf part of socks to our mittens (and you do put them on before the coat).

These look neat, but unfortunately DS is too big. Thanks for posting!

pb&j
10-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe you put on the mittens first, then the coat.

But then how do you zip your coat?

mom2binsd
10-26-2011, 12:39 AM
My kids only wear gloves, they boycotted mittens around age 5.

I love that the pictures show the kids with no coats on....I think it seem like a good idea, but I'm not sold that it's that practical.

toby
10-26-2011, 08:34 AM
But then how do you zip your coat?

Your personal assistant (aka: parent) does it for you! I think that these are geared towards going outside to play on a cold, snowy day...not for every day school and around town.

Melaine
10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
I think these are really geared towards young kids who would need help with mittens and coats anyways and I think they go on before the coat.

YouAreTheFocus
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
My son got the Owl ones as a gift last winter. They are seriously adorable! His are quite small so I assume they are one of the baby sizes (18 mos or maybe 1-2yrs). Anyways, the ones he has don't have thumbs, I tried them on him last week and he was not happy--it was like a hand straight jacket. I wonder if the bigger sizes have thumbs?

ETA: Ok, just looked at ecobaby website OP posted--states that the "up to 18 mos" size doesn't have thumbs. No wonder my 2 yr old was uncomfortable :rotflmao: