PDA

View Full Version : Zulily: Vista today, which P&T tomorrow?

MizMojoLaveau
10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Ready to pull the the trigger on a vista, and then realized that Zulily will have P&T tomorrow. I'm wondering which one it will be (and what what price)? Hmmm.... Need a "sometimes double" for a newborn and a 2.5 yr old (and tallish parents). The vista deal seems hard to beat.........Suggestions anyone?

legaleagle
10-27-2011, 12:49 PM
IIRC, the last zulily P&T was only the dash (don't remember the price), but who knows?

todzwife
10-27-2011, 12:52 PM
They had the explorer (or was that gilt?) for $500.

legaleagle
10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
They had the explorer (or was that gilt?) for $500.

That's a terrible deal right now - the list is $480 and it's free ride (second seat) time.

Kaylee31
10-27-2011, 01:10 PM
That's a terrible deal right now - the list is $480 and it's free ride (second seat) time.

:yeahthat: Zulily never seems to have good deals on P&Ts-- but the Vista price is awesome. You can also get a new Vibe 2 w/2nd seat for under $600 right now.
I already have a Vista & rumbleseat as my indoor double, and am contemplating a P&T or MB plus One also for outdoor use, since my DS is not much of a rider and will be 2.5 when DC2 arrives.
I think it depends on how you'll use the stroller, if you are trying to choose between them OP.

MizMojoLaveau
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Okay, just got the vista in silver (mica). A little worried about getting that color dirty, but I didn't really want black (hot for summers in the south) or love the red in this stroller. I think a mac liner might fit, but not sure how far down towards the foot it will go. Now, if Zuliliy didn't take forever--I would love to use this thing on a trip next weekend......

lele
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
They are very easy to wash, so don't worry too much about the light color. You're going to :heartbeat: it!!

swissair81
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I had a Vista in Mica for about a year. It didn't have any problems keeping it clean.

EvilolivE
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
My husband is going to kill me, but I just bought the Uppababy from Zulily. We already have the Phil & Teds Explorer, but it annoys me. The wheels go flat at the most inconvenient times. I've always regretted not getting a stroller that can have my son face me instead of outward. lol, I'm just going to tell him that a co-worker didn't need it anymore and gave it to me. I also really like the jump (2nd) seat on the Uppababy much better than the P&T (my cousin has the uppababy with 2nd seat), and also the fact that you can configure the Uppababy to hold THREE kids at once, instead of just two with the P&T. :)

MizMojoLaveau
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
The crazy thing is that the uppababy website does not have a pic of the one seat facing backwards configuration. I'm sure I could find one somewhere.

EvilolivE
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
The crazy thing is that the uppababy website does not have a pic of the one seat facing backwards configuration. I'm sure I could find one somewhere.

Yeah, it's strange that they don't show it on the Uppababy site, but if you go to YouTube and search for "Uppababy 2011", there are quite a few reviews of the stroller that show the reviewer removing the seat and installing it rear-facing. I think this one shows it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xkHBijEnIs

LD92599
10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
They are very easy to wash, so don't worry too much about the light color. You're going to :heartbeat: it!!

Sorry to butt in but i found the seat difficult to wash because of the "hardness" to it - and tricks?

Time to wash mine again and attempt to sell it in exchange for BOB i just got from REI!

EvilolivE
10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
I just noticed that the Uppababy Vistas are on sale at Amazon.com, most colors are $479.00 now. I wonder if they will go back up after the Zulily sale...

lele
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry to butt in but i found the seat difficult to wash because of the "hardness" to it - and tricks?

Time to wash mine again and attempt to sell it in exchange for BOB i just got from REI!

Are you using a traditional machine or a front loader? I have a front loader and I just put the seat in, turn it sideways & set it on delicate. It's been such a breeze every time.

swissair81
10-27-2011, 05:59 PM

I was able to get my seat in my front loader washer fairly easily.

MamaBear
10-27-2011, 07:53 PM
I got a Dash from Zulily, with doubles kit, and double rain and UV covers, for$450.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

hoodlims
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
My husband is going to kill me, but I just bought the Uppababy from Zulily. lol, I'm just going to tell him that a co-worker didn't need it anymore and gave it to me. )

This is hilarious! Please tell me if he falls for it. :-P

hehateme
10-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi:

I just came to the site because we are expecting our 2nd child in December.
Our first DS will be 2.5 year the new baby arrives.
We currently own BJCM and Uppa Baby G-Luxe.
I always wanted Vista but could not justify the high price.
Learning about rumble seat and the board where a toddler can stand made Vista a good choice.

This forum was very helpful when we had our first child. Looking forward to spending more time here again.

Thank you for posting about Vista deal.

legaleagle
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Aaaand, it's just fugly baby carriers. But every color of the vista but black is still available, for the waffling :)

MizMojoLaveau
10-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Yaay! Guess the vista was meant to be for me:wink2:

poohbear
10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I just noticed that the Uppababy Vistas are on sale at Amazon.com, most colors are $479.00 now. I wonder if they will go back up after the Zulily sale...

amazon has been$479 for a while. They don't tend to do pricing based on deal-a -day site. I think the2011s will be $479 or less until they sell out. I don't understand because I read the2012s aren't coming out until June...

Budster
10-30-2011, 10:35 AM

It works, we husbands have been doing this for a while. :applause:

"That new Yamaha home theater receiver looks similar to my 10 year old one, maybe my wife won't notice . . ."

EvilolivE
11-10-2011, 03:54 PM

LOL, he totally did! :)