PDA

View Full Version : Kamik Waterbug boots run small?!

toby
10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
I ordered DS a pair of Kamik Waterbug boots on sale. He wears a size 1 in his stride rites, but I got a 2 to allow for growth. He put them on and said that they were tight. I pulled the liner out and his toes are about half an inch from the end and they also seem narrow (and he has a narrow foot).

I am thinking that I should re-order a size 3 even though I don't know if they are still on sale.

Have others found them to run small?

Kindra178
10-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Interesting. We have used Kamiks for the past two winters and they have, in our experience, run true to size. Last year I ordered three different sizes for one of my two year olds before we settled on a 9W (his foot is on the wide side). DS1 will be wearing a 12 this year, same as his NB sneakers and Keens. He wore the 11s the past two winters. Your instinct may be right that it could be a width issue.

If you need a cheaper alternative, the LL Bean Northwoods boots have great reviews and look quite similar to the Kamiks.

pastrygirl
10-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes -- I've always had to size up Kamiks by at least TWO sizes for my older son.

LMPC
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I thought that they run a little small too. DD only got to wear hers a couple times last winter before they were too tight!

BabyH
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Shucks. I just ordered these for DS earlier today. I ordered a half a size up than his sneakers now.... but from the posts, it looks like I'll be exchanging....

toby
10-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Shucks. I just ordered these for DS earlier today. I ordered a half a size up than his sneakers now.... but from the posts, it looks like I'll be exchanging....

I feel a little crazy because every review (lots of them) that I have read from shoppers at various on-line stores says that they run true to size. I keep looking in the boots to make sure that they are a size 2...and then I was wondering if they are marked the wrong size. The boot itself is big, but the liner is very form-fitting and small (if that makes any sense). And now I am wondering if DS is wearing the right sized sneakers, but they seem to be fine.

I am going to order the next size up and see how they are. Thanks to the poster who suggested the LL Bean boots- they look really nice. The only reason why I am going with the Kamiks is that I can get them for a fairly good price at shoes.com right now. 20% off and free shipping so they are $48 (more than I usually pay, but...)

ETA: I just matched the Kamik liners with the bottom of DS's size 1 stride rites and they are the same (the sneakers may even be a little bigger). So confused...