PDA

View Full Version : uppababy cruz now available on peppyparents

ltjbukem
10-27-2011, 09:52 PM
it says in stock according to the website, but pishposhbaby still has it as coming soon. does anyone know why one website would have it in stock, but not others?

makes me wonder if peppy parents is advertising it early in order to get advance sales?

teo
10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Guessing yes, just because one of the stores where we are is supposedly getting their floor model in the first U.S. shipment and as far as I know they don't have it yet...so I'd bet that means they're not actually stocked anywhere yet.

This is the last stroller I have left to look at so I'm hoping it shows up at the store before our kiddo does, though! Still conflicting final weights on the various sites that sell it and no specs on the Uppababy site, though...argh. They must know by now!

PeppyParents
10-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Hello,

We have the UPPAbaby Cruz in stock in Jake, Denny, and Sydney. We've already shipped out to the first pre-order customers.

As far as being one of the first dealers to have it in stock... maybe we're special that way. ;)

crl
10-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Hello,

We have the UPPAbaby Cruz in stock in Jake, Denny, and Sydney. We've already shipped out to the first pre-order customers.

As far as being one of the first dealers to have it in stock... maybe we're special that way. ;)

Of course you are special! You post here. :cheerleader1:

Catherine

legaleagle
10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Awesome - any chance you can weigh it and confirm the h/w/l dimensions?

PeppyParents
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Awesome - any chance you can weigh it and confirm the h/w/l dimensions?

Sure!

Carton is 30.6 pounds

Stroller with seat, canopy, and wheels is weighing at 22.1 pounds on our warehouse scale. Without wheels is 17.5 pounds.

Length of fold is 34 inches.

We didn't fully assemble one because we anticipate we'll be out of stock shortly and didn't want to have a demo model yet, but I know the production model we played with a few months ago was right at 22 inches wide and felt solid like a Vista, not flimsy like an umbrella.

Hope that helps everyone on the final missing info!

roseyloxs
10-28-2011, 01:07 PM
What strong resolve. I don't think I could resist playing with one. Can't wait to hear the first reviews and find out what the push is like. Love hearing that its sturdy, that's always a good start.

teo
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info! (Though I'm bummed to hear the final weight is well over 20...even if I was sort of expecting it might pan out that way. Ah, well!)

legaleagle
10-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about the weight too, but sturdiness is a good thing.

So who's going to be the guinea pig and buy one?

PeppyParents
10-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I'm a little bummed about the weight too, but sturdiness is a good thing.

So who's going to be the guinea pig and buy one?

Ummmm, well I bought a ton of them so I'm the guinea pig! But you're right that it's such a tease with any of the hot strollers that I can see them all stacked nicely in boxes on racks, but I can't play with a single one! :)

Even though the scale says 22, it definitely feels more compact than a Vista in maneuvering as well as lifting.

fozzie
10-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the info! I would love to know the width of the Cruz at the widest point please!

ltjbukem
10-28-2011, 08:26 PM
i ordered mine two days ago.

ltjbukem
11-02-2011, 10:02 PM
cruz came today! haven't opened the box yet.

spannaz
11-03-2011, 10:29 AM
cruz came today! haven't opened the box yet.

Review!! And pics, pics, pics please ;). Can't wait to hear all about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolypoly27
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes! Review and pics pretty please.

fozzie
11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
*on pins and needles*

sntm
11-03-2011, 04:03 PM
when for the 2012 vistas?

lele
11-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Is the Cruz seat as high as the Vista's?

ltjbukem
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
attached is a pic. not sure if it will show up because i had to resize it..

feels good. unfortunately, the fold is not meant for when the seat is facing backwards (ie baby facing you). i did fold it though, but the seat was kind of awkwardly jutting out, then read the instructions that said you should only fold the stroller when it's facing forward.

wife thinks the stroller fold is too big. apparently she said the bee+ folded a lot smaller.

but i really like this stroller. very easy to put together, good documentation, feels like quality, rolls very smoothly, seems like.

fozzie
11-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Cute baby!! I'm disappointed that it can't be folded rear-facing, for some reason I thought it would do this. Even forward-facing, the fold is bulkier then the Bee?
But it must be worth it for the air tires, no? I found the Bee wonderful to steer but hated those little wobbly wheels.

ltjbukem
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
when i folded it w/ the seat facing me, it kind of got caught in the cargo holder. things just didn't look correct.

i will try it again over the next few days..

havent' taken the stroller outside yet, so can't vouch for the air tires yet.

roseyloxs
11-04-2011, 08:13 AM
The cruz has air tires?

fozzie
11-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Oops, my bad—I was confusing the Cruz with the other stroller I'm pining over, the yet-to-be-released Easywalker June. The Cruz doesn't have air tires, but I still hope its wheels are more sturdy than the Bee's!

poohbear
11-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Oops, my bad—I was confusing the Cruz with the other stroller I'm pining over, the yet-to-be-released Easywalker June. The Cruz doesn't have air tires, but I still hope its wheels are more sturdy than the Bee's!

Hmmm.... I think my bee plus wheels are awesome. Goes smoothly over almost everything. Definitely pushes better than my vista. Which is one reason I am thinking I would keep it over the Cruz. That and that fact that I have too many strollers...

fozzie
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Really?! I found the Bee/Bee+ (yeah, I had both) incredibly easy to steer on smooth terrain, but nightmarish in the real world of Paris streets. Cobblestones=nightmare. Sloped sidewalks=hard to control. And my Bee+ had that thing where the front wheels would sometimes wobble uncontrollably, too. I heard they now have a recall for that, though. Anyway, that's why I didn't care for the Bee wheels.

kep
11-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I ordered the Cruz, too. It rocks. However, I also have a one week old, so I haven't had a chance to take pictures and post on it yet. I will do it soon! We got it in red. It's beautiful!

arivecchi
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
I ordered the Cruz, too. It rocks. However, I also have a one week old, so I haven't had a chance to take pictures and post on it yet. I will do it soon! We got it in red. It's beautiful! Congratulations! :cheerleader1: We definitely need pics when you get a chance!

mackmama
11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I ordered the Cruz, too. It rocks. However, I also have a one week old, so I haven't had a chance to take pictures and post on it yet. I will do it soon! We got it in red. It's beautiful!

Congratulations!!! So exciting.

I was very excited to read the Cruz has air tires... and then sad when I read it didn't. Love Uppa.

poohbear
11-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Really?! I found the Bee/Bee+ (yeah, I had both) incredibly easy to steer on smooth terrain, but nightmarish in the real world of Paris streets. Cobblestones=nightmare. Sloped sidewalks=hard to control. And my Bee+ had that thing where the front wheels would sometimes wobble uncontrollably, too. I heard they now have a recall for that, though. Anyway, that's why I didn't care for the Bee wheels.

I don't think anything but air tires will work well on cobblestone streets....
You can get washers for the skittery wheels and fixes the problem. My roughest terrain is cracked sidewalks, bumpy streets with the bee and it's fine. If I'm tackling anything rougher, I go with BOB

poohbear
11-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Congrats on your new addition! Would love to see lots of pics when you have a chance :)

love-pink
11-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd love to see pics comparing the Bee and the Cruz :) if I could find a deal on a Bee I'd snatch it up without thinking twice!!!

strollerqueen
11-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't think anything but air tires will work well on cobblestone streets....
You can get washers for the skittery wheels and fixes the problem. My roughest terrain is cracked sidewalks, bumpy streets with the bee and it's fine. If I'm tackling anything rougher, I go with BOB
I think those big ol' bouncy white pram wheels would be great, too! :jammin:

Multimama
11-05-2011, 03:54 AM
I think those big ol' bouncy white pram wheels would be great, too! :jammin:

:yeahthat: There's a reason prams are still so popular in Europe. :)