PDA

View Full Version : So I got my Cam today...

swissair81
10-28-2011, 03:24 PM
and the seller totally scammed me. She said that it was in excellent condition with very little wear and tear. The fabric is stained, there is something wrong with the canopy, the wheels are worn, and all the foam is worn away/stained (or something), there is also a piece missing from one of the front wheels. I wrote to her and basically demanded my money back. I hope she takes it back, and I don't have to go to ebay, because then my money will be tied up forever- I'll never be able to sell it in this condition.

arivecchi
10-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Did you use a CC or paypal? I would file a claim immediately with my cc company or paypal.

What a pain. I'm sorry.

Kaylee31
10-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh no! :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate when sellers aren't honest. Hopefully, she will give you your money back. Luckily, Ebay almost always sides with the buyer, but like you said it could take a long while.
Were there pics in the listing?

swissair81
10-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I used paypal. I also have ebay buyer protection. I wrote to her first. I'm hoping she'll be magnanimous and just refund me and then I don't have to wait weeks for my money back.

swissair81
10-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh no! :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I hate when sellers aren't honest. Hopefully, she will give you your money back. Luckily, Ebay almost always sides with the buyer, but like you said it could take a long while.
Were there pics in the listing?

There were pics. She either used a different stroller, or only used pics that made it look good. If I have to, I'll take pics for ebay to prove my point. I'm very clearly not making this up. I also hate dishonest sellers.

ijopint
10-28-2011, 03:45 PM
file the claim immediately to Ebay and hopefully Paypal will put a hold on your payment pending to the buyer.
sorry for your bad experience..

swissair81
10-28-2011, 04:04 PM
file the claim immediately to Ebay and hopefully Paypal will put a hold on your payment pending to the buyer.
sorry for your bad experience..

I shouldn't wait for her to respond? I wrote in my message that I was writing to her first to give her a chance to fix it, and that I hoped to hear from her by Saturday night. Should I still file immediately?

roseyloxs
10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Ugh! That sounds like a huge PITA. I am so sorry.

ijopint
10-28-2011, 04:12 PM
You said her ad did not states the condition of the stroller other than in excellent condition but she should have at least also included the discoloration etc..
If I were you I would not wait for her response and call Paypal to put hold on your payment, They (Paypal and Ebay) will investigate the matter , will put the payment for 21 days( in my expereince) and hopefully refund you the money. Send in your supporting pictures to back up your claim.

P.S. you can also rate her as seller (good or bad) -based on your experience

goodluck!

swissair81
10-28-2011, 04:22 PM
The excellent condition is the problem. It's not in excellent condition by any stretch of the imagination. If I sent a stroller like this to you in this condition- you would send an email to all the stroller swappers calling me out on how bad your experience was (and no one would buy from me ever again)

hoodlims
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Don't wait for her. She is obviously not an honest person and probably will not refund your money. Saturday is tomorrow anyway, I would just contact Ebay after taking pictures. So sorry to hear that. I think you will get your money back. Then you can enjoy the process of getting another stroller! :)

arivecchi
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Don't wait for her. She is obviously not an honest person and probably will not refund your money. Saturday is tomorrow anyway, I would just contact Ebay after taking pictures. :yeahthat: I would contact ebay and paypal right away.

swissair81
10-28-2011, 05:24 PM
I opened a case, and I received this message from her-
"I am sorry you?re not pleased with the condition of the stroller ? Before I place it on Ebay I had done research on what Cameleons were selling for on Ebay ? many had much more wear and tear than my own -broken brakes, foam handle bars that were chipped, etc and selling for the same price. I described my item as in "excellent condition" based on this ? feel to review other Bugaboos on Ebay for comparison. Used Bugaboo really don?t sell for $200- even on Craig?s list. I can assure you will still get lots of good use out of the stroller ? the brakes still work perfectly ? the tires do not need to replaced (I had them reviewed before selling) Since the cameleon has foam tires (unlike) the frog ? replacement is not as frequent. I?ve never had an issue on Ebay ? so If would make you feel better about your purchase ? I will refund you all but shipping, $525 and ask that you return the stroller to immediately (shipping & tracking would be required on your end)Please advise"

My husband wants me to ask for $20 towards shipping as well, because he thinks we shouldn't have to pay shipping there and back for an item that is not as described. Do you think this is reasonable?

hoodlims
10-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Argh. How much is shipping? I'd try to get half. I am glad she is willing to refund!

swissair81
10-28-2011, 06:00 PM
She charged me $35, but claims it cost her $44. I asked for $20 back for shipping purposes. I am also glad. I think it must have been that I wrote to her and then started an ebay claim. I think that it must be an incentive to be honest.

poohbear
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I think if it was not as described (take pictures!) then she should pay shipping both ways. You should not be out $70 due to a dishonest seller!

lele
10-28-2011, 07:05 PM
that really stinks! I'm glad she will refund the money though. Wanna bet she lists is just the same way once she gets it back?

Kaylee31
10-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Glad she is refunding you for the cost of the stroller, but I think she should also reimburse you for half of the total cost of shipping. Once your money is returned, I would leave negative feedback anyway (just saying that the description was not honest) to warn future buyers.

poohbear
10-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Glad she is refunding you for the cost of the stroller, but I think she should also reimburse you for half of the total cost of shipping. Once your money is returned, I would leave negative feedback anyway (just saying that the description was not honest) to warn future buyers.

I don't know if I would leave negative feedback if she deals with you without the help of ebay. You can leave neutral and still say item was not as described. I received an item from a seller that was not as described - after a lot of communication and pics, she gave me the option of a full refund including shipping or I could keep the item and she would refund half my money. I chose the latter since I could still use it. I left positive feedback because she worked with me and communication was good, however I did note in my rating score that it was not as described. You could write in your feedback comment that it was not as described.

Now, if she isn't willing to pay shipping both ways, or you have to use ebay to resolve the dispute, I would definitely leave negative feedback...

mom3boys
10-29-2011, 09:12 AM
I would still demand at least some of the shipping cost back. Listing an item as "excellent" condition just because it is not in as poor condition as some other Cameleons is still dishonest, even if she is listing it for a great price (as we all know, there are deals to be had.) Excellent to me means everything in working order and clean. The only wear I would expect on a stroller listed as excellent would be a little wheel wear and a couple of frame scrapes. If the seller lists lots of items on ebay she won't want her rating to go down and should agree to cover at least some of the shipping.

roseyloxs
10-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I would expect her to cover all of the shipping costs. Just because other people sell strollers in worse shape on ebay does not mean she gets to claim hers is excellent. Whether she is dishonest or ill-informed does not matter. You deserve to have all your money back.

poohbear
10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I would expect her to cover all of the shipping costs. Just because other people sell strollers in worse shape on ebay does not mean she gets to claim hers is excellent. Whether she is dishonest or ill-informed does not matter. You deserve to have all your money back.

:yeahthat: If I sold something on ebay that a buyer thought was misrepresented, I would refund ALL costs including shipping. Yes, I would be out a lot of $$, but that's my fault for not describing my item well. When I list something, I always list ALL details even if they are minor so the buyer will know what he/she is bidding on...

swissair81
10-29-2011, 07:48 PM
So she agreed to a full refund + $20 shipping. Interestingly though in the same email ebay informs me that I will be getting a refund for $560 (issued by them) as soon as the stroller is returned to the seller. This means that I have to wait for her to have the stroller in her possession before they initiate a refund, and then I will get it within 3 business days.

roseyloxs
10-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Such a PITB for you. I hope it is all smooth sailing from here and a wonderful Cam pops up on your local CL for half the price. Sending out some good vibes for you!

swissair81
10-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Adding to the saga- DH decided to get me a new one as a surprise. He even picked out nice colors- brown base and pink fleece. He gets it home, we open it up, and...there is no stroller frame in the box. There is a seat, canopy frame, wheels, basket. I called BBB, and they can't figure it out. They say it's never happened before. Maybe it's a sign. Anyway, so one of the ladies who works there is going to drop it off at a store that is closer to my house on her way home, and I can pick it up tomorrow.

Kaylee31
10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
Adding to the saga- DH decided to get me a new one as a surprise. He even picked out nice colors- brown base and pink fleece. He gets it home, we open it up, and...there is no stroller frame in the box. There is a seat, canopy frame, wheels, basket. I called BBB, and they can't figure it out. They say it's never happened before. Maybe it's a sign. Anyway, so one of the ladies who works there is going to drop it off at a store that is closer to my house on her way home, and I can pick it up tomorrow.

Oh no! Seems like your not having the best luck with Cams. Hopefully the 3rd time will be the charm! I hope you love it. And your DH sounds awesome. :D

roseyloxs
10-31-2011, 03:47 AM
oh my gosh! That is crazy. I hope when you finally get a whole cam you love it.

bekahjean
10-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Yay! For DH getting you one as a surprise. That's fantastic.
I would still take pictured of the damaged one from eBay. Although I doubt the seller would try to claim that YOU damaged the stroller, I would take pictures before sending it back. It only takes a minute but it would give me peace of mind.

swissair81
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
oh my gosh! That is crazy. I hope when you finally get a whole cam you love it.

Went to BBB today, picked up the frame. Finally have a complete stroller to use. The other less pleasant surprise is that I now have to make a 3rd trip to BBB. Apparently, they thought I didn't get a seat frame either- and now I have two.

arivecchi
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
The Cam saga continues! I need pics when you have a chance! :D

nmstrong
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
The Cam saga continues! I need pics when you have a chance! :D

I am so sorry! What a pain! Sounds like u have the same cam as me (although I just sold the pink skins on swap) here's a pic for you A.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47455538@N08/6278140321/

Just got it off swap a couple weeks ago for an amazing deal and I couldn't be happier with it! Love the brown base.....it looks new too. eBay and cl are sometimes a gamble! But at least with eBay u have protection!

swissair81
10-31-2011, 08:14 PM
I am so sorry! What a pain! Sounds like u have the same cam as me (although I just sold the pink skins on swap) here's a pic for you A.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47455538@N08/6278140321/

Just got it off swap a couple weeks ago for an amazing deal and I couldn't be happier with it! Love the brown base.....it looks new too. eBay and cl are sometimes a gamble! But at least with eBay u have protection!

You have a Cam, a Vista, and a Mutsy? Just, wow. I kind of like my pink/brown combo. I love that bassinet though. It looks so nice.

scriptkitten
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
i'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of this.

you have a great husband.

nmstrong
10-31-2011, 08:39 PM
You have a Cam, a Vista, and a Mutsy? Just, wow. I kind of like my pink/brown combo. I love that bassinet though. It looks so nice.

I know it's total overkill. But I don't have a mutsy. My cousin in orange county does though....I have never even tried it but it seems super cool. Played with it but didn't actually push a kid in it.
I wanted a cam only to put my Paul frank color blocks on. I know great excuse right....
I have a cam, bee plus, vista, vibe 2, and a chariot....
6 strollers fr 2 riders is kinda crazy but I actually use them all!

swissair81
10-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I know it's total overkill. But I don't have a mutsy. My cousin in orange county does though....I have never even tried it but it seems super cool. Played with it but didn't actually push a kid in it.
I wanted a cam only to put my Paul frank color blocks on. I know great excuse right....
I have a cam, bee plus, vista, vibe 2, and a chariot....
6 strollers fr 2 riders is kinda crazy but I actually use them all!

What was the green stroller on your flickr page? I was sure it was a Mutsy.

I have 4. We tried to see if we could sell one when we bought the Cam, but we use them all. We have a Duo, Swift, Bee+, and Cam. We considered a +One, but we thought it would be pretty hard to push with a newborn lying down in the back. Not that we have a newborn, but why buy a $600 stroller that can't be used with one. We currently have our Bee in the car with the Hitchhiker on the back. The Swift is in our back room for the moment. It switches off with the Bee in the car. The Duo is parked in our dining room, and my spoiled princess sleeps in her Cameleon daily.

MamaBear
10-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Nicole, I hadn't realised how similar our fleets are! My current selection: Cam, Bee+, Mutsy UR, P&T Dash, Chariot. (and a Mac Starck, too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.

nmstrong
10-31-2011, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=MamaBear;3311310]Nicole, I hadn't realised how similar our fleets are! My current selection: Cam, Bee+, Mutsy UR, P&T Dash, Chariot. (and a Mac Starck, too)
Funny almost exactly the same except substitute the mutsy for a vista! Great minds think alike ;)

Ya there r some pics my cuz took of her mutsy on my flikr because I was going to list it for her. I took too long to do it and she ended up figuring it out on her own (bad cousin I know but in my defense I have even super busy and listed her bjcmd at the same time..;). Now that she figured it out herself though she is happy she said she's listed two other things with success. Big pics really sell...