PDA

View Full Version : Buy the BJCMD now or wait until the 2012 comes out?

cmonbaby
10-30-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm so torn right now about which I should get- the 2011 or 2012.

Remind me of the difference between the newer model coming out (I think in Feb?) and the 2011. I know the price points are almost $200 different right now so DH thinks we should just go with the current model that's out. I saw the youtube video a couple of weeks ago but my pregnant brain cannot remember what I loved about the newer model other than the brake up by the handle.

We will be using it mostly for DD who is almost 4 and tall for her age and for the new baby coming anyday now :love-retry: BUT we are heading to Disney in the spring and want something that our 6 year old can also hop in and out of. He's very small for his age and about the same size as DD1. They both fit fine, I've taken them to BBB for a test drive.

poohbear
10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Main differences are bigger seat and better basket (which you can purchase later). The price will be the same on the BJCMD I believe (though you can get a deal now on a 2011). The BJCMD GT has forever air tires, and that will be a more expensive stroller - I believe $579 (so $139 more than regular BJCMD). If you think you will benefit from the air tires, I would wait for the BJCMD GT. if you are happy with the basic city mini and the seat is fine (I think it's a good size), then go for a deal on the 2011. I used a bjcm at disney and it was great.
HTH!

Kaylee31
10-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Main differences are bigger seat and better basket (which you can purchase later). The price will be the same on the BJCMD I believe (though you can get a deal now on a 2011). The BJCMD GT has forever air tires, and that will be a more expensive stroller - I believe $579 (so $139 more than regular BJCMD). If you think you will benefit from the air tires, I would wait for the BJCMD GT. if you are happy with the basic city mini and the seat is fine (I think it's a good size), then go for a deal on the 2011. I used a bjcm at disney and it was great.
HTH!

:yeahthat:
I would either get the 2011 now, or wait for the GT version that's supposed to be coming in March, which will have the handbrake, forever air tires, and bigger seat, but will be ~$130 more than the regular BJCMD. I think that's the one your thinking of? It just depends on whether you think the added features are worth waiting for, and paying more.

Here are the changes to the "regular" Mini for 2012 (from http://blog.wildchildgear.com/2011/09/27/2012-baby-jogger-city-mini-stroller-new-colors-added/):
"◦Added a new blue color – which I love!!
◦Updated the sand/stone color – before the stroller was mostly stone with sand accent colors. They’ve reversed that now to be more sand and less stone. I think this makes the color more practical for the little kidos
◦Improved under seat storage basket! Hallelujah!! They’ve finally made the basket easier to get into!! I swear, Baby Jogger really needed to fix the basket. Now they’ve deepened the u-shape bar in the rear of the stroller (part of the frame) to give you more room to get your stuff in and out of the basket. Check out my video to see the basket.
◦Added an automatic latch that secures the stroller closed. Previously the City Mini had a manual latch that was SOOO hard to engage (think of me pushing on the closed stroller with all my might to get it latched shut). Then it was SOOO hard to get the darn thing unlatched! Seriously, I wasn’t able to do it myself. So this is a great addition.
◦New price – the 2012 will be $250 ($10 increase from 2011), the double will be $450
◦Removed the Orange color
◦City Mini Double only available in Black, Crimson (red), Green"

Differences between the Mini and the Mini GT (http://www.stroller411.com/blog/391/baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-stroller-2012/)
Forever air rubber tires on maneuverable 8.5″ wheels
Front suspension
Adjustable height handlebar
Multi-position, padded reclining seat with improved padding and support over standard City Mini
Longer legrest and deeper seat over standard City Mini
More headroom than standard City Mini stroller, at about 26 inches
Accepts all the same accessories as standard City Mini
Approximately 20 pounds total weight for the single and 30 pounds for the double

PeppyParents
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi,

We put together a quick side-by-side comparison that should be really helpful for parents looking between the Mini Double and Mini Double GT...

http://www.peppyparents.com/images/mini_vs_minigt_dbl.gif (http://www.peppyparents.com/servlet/the-869/city-mini-gt-double/Detail)

Hope that helps!

Kaylee31
10-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

We put together a quick side-by-side comparison that should be really helpful for parents looking between the Mini Double and Mini Double GT...

Awesome! Very helpful and much more concise than cobbling info from here & there. :D

roseyloxs
10-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Interesting the original BJCMD seat size sounds strikingly similar to the mountain buggy duet seat stats.