PDA

View Full Version : duvet that doesn't get bunchy?

jbbhb
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I am thinking of getting ds big boy bedding for the holidays and will need to get a duvet. I have bought cheap duvets from ikea and pricey ones from macys and they all seem to bunch up and get lumpy after time. Is there a high quality option that I'm missing? Or is this just the nature of duvets?

WatchingThemGrow
10-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I've had great success with the company store down comforters. Things seems to stay in place with theirs. And I just discovered they have an new outlet near my house! :yay:

hellokitty
10-30-2011, 02:47 PM
You need to find ones that have ties on each of the corners on the inside that you tie your comforter down to. I've noticed that they've become more common with duvets now. The target one I bought lastonth had them as well as the garnet hill ones.

jbbhb
10-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh! the ties are a smart idea! My problem is that the filling itself seems to collect into many bunches making the whole duvet lumpy, if that makes any sense at all.

hellokitty
10-30-2011, 03:56 PM
OK, so you don't mean the duvet, you mean the comforter inside the duvet. I agree, they do get bunchy. We rotate the comforter as needed when that happens. I have had cheap and expensive comforters and even when there are quilted squares, the filler still shifts around.

azazela
10-30-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm in love with my IKEA comforter and duvet cover. The duver cover does a pretty good job keep the comforter in evenly without any ties whatsoever. And the comforter filling does not bunch up. Seriously, it was the best purchase ever! I have one of these (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60132192/) comforters but don't remember the warmth rating I have.

larig
10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh! the ties are a smart idea! My problem is that the filling itself seems to collect into many bunches making the whole duvet lumpy, if that makes any sense at all.

This has happened to so many ikea ones that I've purchased in the last 5 years. Their older ones didn't do it as bad, but they do now! I don't know how to stop it, except, I have heard that drying with a shoe is supposed to be good for bedding. I don' know if it's good for that particular problem. I think that the baffle boxes that are sewn can be more or less effective. A Lands End down one was great.

new_mom_mry
11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
love our Dwell Studio bedding set (the crib one, not the twin size bed one). Expensive, but the duvet is VERY nice/high quality, and comes in a generous size.

joules
11-04-2011, 04:40 PM
In my experience, the only comforters that don't bunch up are the baffle box ones.

I got a great one on Overstock years ago.

AnnieW625
11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
DD1 has a Calvin Klein duvet that I got from Macy's, and I think I paid $80 for it with a sale and a coupon. I love that duvet. It is in a cover from Ikea. I can't wait to get one for myself; my 8 yr. old Woolrich for Target bunches up a lot.