PDA

View Full Version : HCG Diet?

LexyLou
10-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Has anyone heard of or tried the HCG diet. I'm having a hard time believing it...

You consume only 500 calories a day!!! But they say you aren't hungry because the HCG actually takes another 1500 calories from your fat stores so your body is getting 2000 calories a day.

People lose weight at rapid speeds which I attribute to eating only 500 calories a day, but I don't see how anyone can even maintain that!

Also, I hear the drops are totally a placebo. How do you even know if you are buying a reputable brand?

So, any experience with it?

Fairy
10-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Please don't do this. Think about it, do you really think 500 calories a day is healthy? No matter what supplements you're taking? It's not. It works cuz you're not feeding your body and it starts feeding on itself. The mintue you have real calories again you put the weight back on. If you want to lose weight there is only one way to do it. Eat less and exercize more. It's hard, I know, I've lived my whole life needing to lose alot of weight. But this HcG diet is not the way to do it, plus there are bad side effects. Please. Do. Not. Do. This. Diet.

Pennylane
10-31-2011, 09:00 AM
My hairdresser lost 12 pounds on the diet in a little over three weeks. Shocker though, once she quit the diet she gained back her weight plus an extra 3.

Ann

LexyLou
10-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Was it hard for your hairdresser? I mean I have to imagine you feel starved all the time!

Fairy, I promise I won't do it. One of my clients said her sister in law is on it and I told her I'd do a little research on it.

It seems shady but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Fairy
10-31-2011, 11:52 AM
It's very popular, Alexis, I'm not surprised that you know someone who is thinking about it, as I know three people who tried it, too. One had terrible side effects, one I don't know well, but the 3rd lost 12 lbs, and then gained it all right back, plus a few, she says. Glad you're not going to try it :-)