PDA

View Full Version : Cost of shipping a Joovy Caboose?

SweetTooth
10-31-2011, 04:41 AM
Does anyone have any idea about how much it would cost to ship a Joovy Caboose Ultralight stroller? My friend just had her second baby and I'd like to send her my Joovy but I have no idea if the shipping cost would be feasible. Any input is appreciated. Also, I didn't save the box. Any ideas where I can get a box that would fit this stroller?
Thanks for any ideas.

Kaylee31
10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
You can try a local store to get a box for free, like a grocery store or Staples, etc.
Or buy one from U-haul, UPS/Fedex. I have a UPS acct., but I've heard that Fedex is cheapest for sending large packages. The cost depends on package dimensions, weight and the zip codes. I would do a rate estimate online & compare UPS/Fedex, once you have an idea of the weight. I wouldn't think it cost more than $50 though at the very most (my UPS acct. charges by weight-- and I've shipped an MBUD (which was almost 50 lbs., for under $50).

poohbear
10-31-2011, 08:02 PM
You can try a local store to get a box for free, like a grocery store or Staples, etc.
Or buy one from U-haul, UPS/Fedex. I have a UPS acct., but I've heard that Fedex is cheapest for sending large packages. The cost depends on package dimensions, weight and the zip codes. I would do a rate estimate online & compare UPS/Fedex, once you have an idea of the weight. I wouldn't think it cost more than $50 though at the very most (my UPS acct. charges by weight-- and I've shipped an MBUD (which was almost 50 lbs., for under $50).

:yeahthat: A lot of it depends on where you're shipping. I've found USPS parcel post is cheapest, followed by FedEx. I shipped a 39 lb phil and teds from Chicago to Colorado for about $40 fed ex. USPS parcel post would have been $30 IIRC. You can open a fed ex acct for free and then you get a discount.
You will need the dimensions of the box and the weight to do calculations online. You can also build a frankenbox. I would make it the absolute smallest box possible...

HTH!

SweetTooth
11-03-2011, 11:30 PM
That is helpful info. Thank you both!