PDA

View Full Version : Sopping wet Bug Cam...

BallerinaMommy
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
So my lovely DH who was supposed to bring in our Cam from the back of his truck, neglected to do so with me unknowing. Of course we wake up this morning to pouring rain and when I ask where the stroller is he says in the back of the truck. So then while he slowly looks for a raincoat, because god forbid the rain touch his skin, i ran out and brought it in :32: (Can you tell I'm a bit upset?) The whole thing is DRENCHED!! Is it ruined?? I know it seems petty, but I'm so angry. Not to mention that we have the Denim fabric and I know it can bleed when it gets wet. Anything I should do besides just letting it dry out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

lowrioh
10-31-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't have a Cam but our BJCED and our Indie have been left in the rain and I just opened them up and put them out in the sun to dry once the rain cleared and they were fine.
Deep Breaths....it will be OK :)

poohbear
10-31-2011, 11:08 AM
So my lovely DH who was supposed to bring in our Cam from the back of his truck, neglected to do so with me unknowing. Of course we wake up this morning to pouring rain and when I ask where the stroller is he says in the back of the truck. So then while he slowly looks for a raincoat, because god forbid the rain touch his skin, i ran out and brought it in :32: (Can you tell I'm a bit upset?) The whole thing is DRENCHED!! Is it ruined?? I know it seems petty, but I'm so angry. Not to mention that we have the Denim fabric and I know it can bleed when it gets wet. Anything I should do besides just letting it dry out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I have washed cam fabrics many times. I don't have much experience with the denim, but I would probably just wash it in gentle with a mild detergent and then hang it to dry (to get any smell out) - they're made to wash, so it will be fine... Then dry off the frame :)

MamaBear
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
I've never left my Cam outside, but I live in Vancouver so my strollers are wet more than they are dry ;-) Wipe down the chassis and air-dry the fabrics. It might be a worthwhile opportunity to take off the fabrics and wash them anyway, then hang to dry. Even the seat base fabric can be washed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

BallerinaMommy
10-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks everyone!

fozzie
11-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Same things happened to my Cam which has fleece fabrics. Left outside for over 24 hours and totally soaked. I washed the fabrics and it was like new.

scriptkitten
11-01-2011, 06:54 AM
I walk around Boston in the pouring rain all the time with my strollers, as my strollers are my car.

It will be perfect fine as long as where you leave it to dry isn't cold and musty and dark.