PDA

View Full Version : BJCM vs Micro for a 2.5 - 3 year old?

Momto1
10-31-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm looking at the BJCM/Micros on Albee baby and I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on one but I can't decide which.

DD is 2.5. I'm looking at this as a Disney stroller, which means that recline and sunshade are important as DD still naps during the day - although I'm not sure how much longer she will. We already have a BOB and a Mac Quest.

Albee has Micros for $99 - $109 and Minis for $159 - $199.

I'm tempted to just get the Micro for $99 since I'm not sure how often we'll actually use it. But then I think I could spend $60 more and get the recline and canopy...

Is the Micro tippy? If I leave a bag hanging on it and DD hops out, will it tip over? Is there a difference between the seat hights on the two? I've heard that the Micro fits an older child well, does that mean that the Mini does not?

Which would you choose between the two if your LO was already past full-time stroller age? We might have another LO one day, but we're not planning for it at the moment.

Smillow
10-31-2011, 12:26 PM
I have the Micro for my 2.5 yo. I bought it a year ago and this spring I put the mini's 8" front wheel on the front (swapping out the 6" front wheel it comes with - I also added the PE back board). Although we don't use the stroller very much anymore, it is my go-to travel stroller & I love it. It is not tippy at all - and I have loaded it down!

The canopy is not the super-duper mini canopy and because you are going to be in FL, I wonder if you will miss that. Does your DD like the canopy down? My DS sometimes will push the canopy up so that he can see more.

DS has napped in the Micro. He has a super long torso (in the next to the last slots in his RF Radian XTSL) and the seat height is great for he. He aslso like to jump in & out of it.

How heavy is your DD? DS is 35# and I think having the larger front wheel has helped the push a lot. So that would lead me to recommend the Mini. You get the best of everything that way! We do not plan on having any more kids, so I bought the Micro with that in mind. HTH!

crl
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Since you already have the Quest, I'd get the Mini.

Catherine

roseyloxs
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Since you already have the Quest, I'd get the Mini.

Catherine

:yeahthat: I feel like I quote you all the time crl. You are always saying my thoughts before I think them.

mom3boys
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
I would get the Mini. I think you will want the canopy coverage. Plus, you will be able to sell it for a better price than the Micro later, since it is more full-featured and versatile.

Kaylee31
10-31-2011, 02:16 PM
I would get the Mini. I think you will want the canopy coverage. Plus, you will be able to sell it for a better price than the Micro later, since it is more full-featured and versatile.

:yeahthat:
If it was me, I'd get one of the exclusive color Minis for $160-$180 (which are great prices). I think it's worth it for the extra features and it will have higher resale when the times comes to sell it.

crl
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM
:yeahthat: I feel like I quote you all the time crl. You are always saying my thoughts before I think them.

I love being quoted. It make me feel like my brain must still be working at least some of the time.

Catherine

Momto1
10-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Great advice everyone!

My DD is small - I don't even think she's 25 lbs yet. But she does have a long torso and big head (!) so she sometimes looks taller than she is when she's sitting down.

She loves the canopy down, so that is a plus for the Mini.

Good call on the resale value. I think I prefer the blue one on Albee, but I'm sure DD would love the pink :D