PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal @13 weeks?

MSWR0319
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I have been noticing a little pressure/ discomfort this morning, most when I sit down. When I stand up it seems to get better. We've been running errands and when we got home it got worse. I would not say severe, just extremely uncomfortable. I rolled my pants down and that helped some, but then I got really hot like I do after I throw up. Kinda feels like maybe intestinal pains vs pregnancy pains. I ate lunch and drank some water and it seems better, still maybe a little light headed. I'm thinking it's just common pregnancy pains, any thoughts? I don't need to call the dr do I?

MSWR0319
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm thinking maybe I was dehydrated. I haven't been able to drink in the morning because of morning sickness, but usually drink a big Gatorade ok in the morning. I didn't do that today. After three glasses of water I feel much better. Can dehydration cause cramps/discomfort?

swissair81
11-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Dehydration can cause contractions. Be sure to drink enough every day.

Mirthful
11-01-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that dehydration can do that. I've never asked about the first trimester but I know I was having a lot of contractions early in my second trimester and my OB told me I needed to drink more fluids. When I did, I got a lot fewer of them.

There was even a thread about this a few weeks back. AMLDaley, I think, posted about it. She also turned out to have a UTI though so you might want to get it checked if it continues.

Hope you feel better!

MSWR0319
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I guess it was worse than I thought. I just woke up with wet underwear and a gush when I went to the bathroom. No I have to head into the ER. great.

BDKmom
11-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh no. PT for you and your baby. :hug:

hopeful_mama
11-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Lots of PT, good luck :hug:

jbbhb
11-01-2011, 04:05 PM
PT for you and your family, hope everything is okay :grouphug:

mctlaw
11-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Just read this thread, sending P & PT that you and baby are safe and healthy.

Staraglimmer
11-01-2011, 08:09 PM
P&PT. Keep us updated.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

MSWR0319
11-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Just got back. Everything with baby looks great, they couldn't tell me what caused the gush, which does make me nervous. The fluid levels look great and the placenta is posterior, baby's heartbeat was 158 and measuring about a week ahead. The tech thinks it's another boy and based on what I saw he's right, but it's still too early to be sure. There was a small subchorionic hemorrhage but she wasn't worried about it. I have to call my dr in the morning and I guess we go from there.I'm still crampy but it feels more like severe gas pains. I just wish they could tell me what caused the gush. I know I didn't pee my pants. Thanks for the p&pt. I'm glad we've only told family just in case something does happen.

mctlaw
11-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh, I am so glad for you!

MSWR0319
11-01-2011, 09:05 PM
I need to stay away from google. I just read they can cause ruptured membranes and lead to spontaneous abortions. I really didn't need to read that!