PDA

View Full Version : Toddler everyday boot?

babybell
11-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I want to get DD some everyday, warm boots for winter. I was looking at Target today and they either had fake "leather" kinds (http://www.target.com/p/Toddler-Girls-Circo-Danali-Boot-Assortd/-/A-13505210) or fake "Uggs" kind (http://www.target.com/p/Toddler-Girls-Circo-Danalynn-Suede-Boots-Purple/-/A-12311075). The Ugg-kind fit her feet really well, but with the "genuine suede" I'm thinking they'll get really yucky in wet weather. Any experience? The leathery ones seemed very uncomfortable.

infomama
11-01-2011, 01:19 PM
dd2 lives in the Costco ugg knockoffs over the colder months. We spray them with a waterproofing spray and they do just fine. When she is out playing/trodding through slush/snow she wears her snow boots.

Canna
11-01-2011, 02:57 PM
We love the Costco Ugg knock offs too, but they're not for wet conditions.

For wearing in snow and general wearing to preschool in winter, I'm a fan of Ecco kids boots. Expensive but high quality, light, and relatively flexible. http://www.zappos.com/ecco-kids-alps-toddler-youth-fuchsia-fuchsia

ourbabygirl
11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
We've done the Target (Circo) fake Uggs for the past 3 years (light pink when she was about 15 months old, then dark brown, and dark brown again this year at age 3). DD & I like them a lot (she has wider feet and can't wear a lot of cheaper shoes), and we have more Targets around us (and closer to us than Costco), so it's just easier to shop & return if we need to. :)

abh5e8
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
dd likes the bear paw (ugg knock offs) i buy from amazon...this year will be her 3rd pair. she has actual snow boots too, if its snowy and we are outside.

happymom
11-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Don't mean to hijack, but I was wondering something- DD already has maryjanes, dressy maryjanes, sneakers, ugg knockoffs, and rainboots. I do not anticipate that she will want to play in the snow- she doesnt like snow for some reason, so it seems silly to buy snowboots too. Do you think I could just put her in rainboots (with warm socks) on very snowy days- its just for the walk from the car into playgroup and back. She would change into shoes once at playgroup either way.

babybell
11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Don't mean to hijack, but I was wondering something- DD already has maryjanes, dressy maryjanes, sneakers, ugg knockoffs, and rainboots. I do not anticipate that she will want to play in the snow- she doesnt like snow for some reason, so it seems silly to buy snowboots too. Do you think I could just put her in rainboots (with warm socks) on very snowy days- its just for the walk from the car into playgroup and back. She would change into shoes once at playgroup either way.

Yeah... I'm in the same boat. I don't plan on getting snow boots because I can't see DD doing heavy-duty snow playing at this point.

wallawala
11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Do you think I could just put her in rainboots (with warm socks) on very snowy days- its just for the walk from the car into playgroup and back. She would change into shoes once at playgroup either way.

Would she tell you if she was too cold? I live in MN and do this for myself all the time. Rubber rain boots with smart wools. I have even gone sledding this way has I have yet to find real snow boots I like. And I LOVE my burberry rain boots.... so it works for me. I haven't done it for DD as she's just too young to tell me if she's cold.

stinkyfeet
11-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if this helps, but we just bought DS1 this keeps boot, and we love it! It is very flexible, and the medium width still fits his chunky foot. I believe it is a unisex boot.

http://www.zappos.com/product/7412696/color/10597

lizzywednesday
11-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Yes, absolutely.

We would do this in a pinch when we were little!!

Get good, thick socks and use a pair of newspaper baggies to help your DD's feet slide into and out of the rain boots in the thicker socks.