PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a favorite brownie recipe?

momm
11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Apart from the knock you naked recipe? (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/knock-you-naked-brownies/)

Thanks!

Smillow
11-01-2011, 09:11 PM
My favorite "recipe" for brownies is the Ghiardelli Dark Chocolate box mix!:bag

SnuggleBuggles
11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I have some decent recipes but I really like the Trader Joe's truffle brownie mix.

Beth

DrSally
11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow, that knock you naked receipe really looks good! I just use a box mix.

Twoboos
11-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Hershey's brownie mix w/choc chips is sooooooo goooooood!

stinkyfeet
11-01-2011, 09:35 PM
My favorite "recipe" for brownies is the Ghiardelli Dark Chocolate box mix!:bag

:yeahthat: these are the BEST brownies I ever tasted....and I am the type to typically make things from scratch

DietCokeLover
11-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Apart from the knock you naked recipe? (http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/05/knock-you-naked-brownies/)

Thanks!

I make these a lot for taking places. I love them!

Another easy brownie, is to make a mix, put half of it in a 8x8 pan, put in a couple of Symphony chocolate bars (with toffee) and then pour the rest of the brownie mix on top and bake. Yummy.

I have a homemade brownie recipe that always gets great response, but I am away from my recipes at the moment. If I think of it later, I'll post.

Sweetum
11-01-2011, 11:30 PM
:yeahthat: these are the BEST brownies I ever tasted....and I am the type to typically make things from scratch
Me too!!! Love these...you can get a large box in costco.

PS: I have always tried Nick Malgieri's recipes, although I haven't tried the brownies. Here's the link: http://www.nickmalgieri.com/blog/bar-cookies-brownies/

ETA: America's test kitchen recipe http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/03/09/chewy-brownies/

elephantmeg
11-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Babula Cuisine Brownies

1 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1/2 c oil
3/4 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt

Mix sugar and cocoa. Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Bake in a 9x9 inch pan in a 375 deg oven for 30-35 min.

BeachBum
11-07-2011, 07:00 AM
This is my "perfect" brownie....and I've tried a lot of recipes. Not too fudgey so that they were gooey, not so cakey that you felt the need to eat it with a fork and have icing on them, and just enough chewiness to keep the brownies together.

Fudgy, Chewy, Cakey Brownies
Pam Anderson's book "The Perfect Recipe"

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Vegetable cooking spray
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts or peanuts (optional)

1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Fit a 16- by 8-inch sheet of foil in pan and up 2 sides, so you can use foil overhang as a handle to pull cooked brownies from pan. Spray sheet of foil with vegetable cooking spray.

3. Melt chocolates and butter in a medium bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding the next. Continue to whisk until mixture is completely smooth and glossy. Add dry ingredients; whisk until just incorporated. Stir in nuts, if desired.

4. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into center comes out with wet crumbs, 35 to 45 minutes.

5. Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Use foil handles to pull brownies from pan. Completely cool brownies on rack, at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve. If not serving immediately, do not cut brownies. (Whole brownie cake can be wrapped in plastic wrap, then foil, and refrigerated for up to 5 days.)