PDA

View Full Version : Vtech InnoTab?

Kymberley
11-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I started a thread recently about the Leapfrog LeapPad, but after thinking on it I think it's too advanced for DS, who will be almost 2.5 at Christmas. I've been looking at the Vtech InnoTab (http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-InnoTab-Interactive-Learning-Tablet/dp/B004VJNRKG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I8RHIN7CM6PYA&colid=2HWR9FPHLO7J4) instead, and wonder if anyone has experience with it. I actually think I like it a bit more than the LeapPad, as far as features go. You can upload movies, videos, and MP3s to the InnoTab, and you can't with the LeapPad. It has expandable memory. The LeapPad does have a camera/video recorder that the InnoTab lacks, however you can upload pics and videos. I'm loving that I can upload Pocoyo or Blues Clues or the like, as well as his favorite songs. The InnoTab is bigger than the LeapPad (played with it in the store today) and maybe not as "cool" looking, but it's a bit cheaper than the LeapPad. Do we have any opinions on this toy? TIA!

mrshalco
11-02-2011, 08:59 PM
I just started looking into this for my little one. Hopefully someone has some first hand reviews!

Kymberley
11-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I hope so too! I keep going back and forth between the two. I just can't decide!

AlbrightRC
11-03-2011, 09:39 AM
We debated between the two for our son who will be 3 1/2 at christmas. He got the mobigo(made by vtech) for his birthday in June and is already on his second one which we are now having the same issues with. There customer service is so bad it might as well not exist. So we decided to go with the leappad. Just this past weekend my son was playing with a innotab that had only been out in the stores for about a week and already it wasn't working and he was getting extremly frustrated. The touch screen wasn't working and that is a problem we currently have with his mobigo. No more vtech for us.