PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Crazy 8?

anonomom
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
They have what seems to be a great sale on right now -- $3 skirts, $6 dresses, etc. But I have never bought from them before -- how is the quality? I know it's a step down from Gymboree, but how big a step? And how do the sizes run? Should I allow for shrinkage? TIA.

mommylamb
11-02-2011, 03:41 PM
I like them. I haven't bought much, but what I have bought is nice. I think the quality is in between gymbo and old navy. I got DS's halloween costume from there and it was super cute. DS also has jeans and some tops from there and I like them.

hellokitty
11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I like them. I haven't bought much, but what I have bought is nice. I think the quality is in between gymbo and old navy. I got DS's halloween costume from there and it was super cute. DS also has jeans and some tops from there and I like them.

:yeahthat: The closest one is an hr away, so I don't shop there as much as I would if there was a local store. I've ordered online and occasionally bought when we visited mil's town. I think that gymbo is over-priced unless it is on super sale (ie: like I just bought gymbo stuff for $6.99 and less, that is the only time I am willing to buy gymbo), and crazy 8 seems more reasonable in price and their quality isn't really cheap. I find crazy 8's quality better than the gymbo outlet's quality.

iaam
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
I have bought from them a few times (online) and have been happy with the quality - I would say that it's probably better than Old Navy from what I can tell (I very rarely shop at ON) and probably equal to Gap and Gymbo outlet in that sense. I haven't had any issues with shrinkage or any usual fading.

crl
11-03-2011, 12:34 PM
We have had a few shirts and a few pairs of jeans. I have been very happy with the quality for the price. Better than Target and the Childrens Place and a bit better than Old Navy.

Catherine

HIU8
11-03-2011, 12:37 PM
I have only bought 1 item online from them, but it's very nice quality. A store opened up 20 minutes from me and they had tights for $3 a while ago. A friend went and told me it was crap, BUT she prefers the pricier and boutique stuff. I'm a Target, Gymbo on sale, TCP and consignment shopper, so I think it's more my speed.

mom2khj
11-03-2011, 12:38 PM
For my girls, it's been just OK. But I was a die-hard Gymbo person, for them, for a long time and not much could compete with it.

I love C8 boys stuff though! It's perfect for DS.

crl
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Thank for the heads up, btw. They had a few tops and dresses I bought for dd in the next size up, prices between $1.99 and $5.99, and they had their Christmas pjs on special for $9.99 a pair. I bought dd and ds matching ones. :D

Catherine

jren
11-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Coming in late on this. I loved their style for my older DD - it was the only place we could find something that didn't look like nightclub wear. But there were a few drawbacks. Most of the skirts and pants in my DD's size didn't come with adjustable waists. Some of the pieces shrunk, some didn't. Some shrunk as much as a size in length (the shirt sleeves). My DD complained that the tights were itchy, but loved the leggings. This could just be her, though. If the shirts had sewn on appliques, I had to resew them in a few places after the first wash.

Overall, I don't think the quality is bad. We bought last year, and DD still wears a few of the outfits that still look pretty new. I'd say we had to get rid of about 1/2 of what we bought after a year, which isn't bad considering how hard my DD can be on clothes. Unfortunately, this year, she prefers Justice.

rbsmom
11-05-2011, 12:46 AM
I have been a LONG TIME Gymbo fan (well...about 5 years, but if feels like 10:). I haven't bought much recently for two reasons - 1. The lines re-hash older lines - no originality; 2. I haven't really liked anything.

That said, I'm LOVING Crazy 8 - the prices are ridiculous - I've been putting together whole outfits (leggings, skirt & top; dress & leggings) for under $15, and the styles are just TOO cute (my girls are 6 & 4).

The cupcake line has been adorable, and the kitty line (I bought the cheerleader tops & coordinating pieces) were great.

I've found the fabrics are thinner than Gymbo, BUT - they don't pill - I've had most of my more recent (last few years) Gymbo cottons pill more than the old stuff. They also tear/rip easier since they're thinner - my oldest is a bit of a klutz, and has put holes in 2 pairs of leggings from falling while running onto her knees. I had them repaired, but since I only paid $4 or $5 for the leggings, no biggee.

catsnkid
11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I checked out a store this summer- closest is an hour away.. I got a couple pairs of shorts for DS on sale- was pleased and would check it out again- wish there was one much closer!