PDA

View Full Version : Flite or City Mini?

love-pink
11-02-2011, 09:33 PM
I cannot make up my mind at all :( I have the BJCM (for the 2nd time now) and while I like it I dont love it.

We drive an suv so we have a small cargo area. The stroller has to be up and down instead of stored flat because its huge wheels make it too wide. I have 4 kids with no patients and its a pain in the neck to take that extra time to pop all the wheels off. With it stored up and down it hits the back hatch every time you stop and go or turn the corner. Seriously annooyying. I also hate how you have to fight and push to actually lock it shut if you want to use that feature. Not to mention you always have to flip the front wheel around just right to get a flat fold. Not very big things to complain about but they make me really hate the stroller some days.
I really do like how sturdy, easy to turn, easy fold, easy buckle and its gigantic canopy a crap ton though! :heartbeat:

Im really liking the looks of the Bumbleride Flite (2011 version). My BJCM is also the 2011 version ;). I know they have made some great improvements on both strollers this time so Im specifically looking to compare the newer models.

Ive also been eyeing the Uppababy G-Lite but Id really like to have a reclining stroller also for longer trips when dd may nap.

Btw, dd is 2 and likes to climb in and out over and over. I had the B-Agile not too long ago because I loved all the improvements it has vs the BJCM. I had 2 different ones sent to me because I was having wheel issues. I also HATE how hard the buckle is to do and undo. With dd getting and out so often that is very important to me. Im pretty sure I dont want to try a 3rd B-Agile anytime soon.

Please help this VERY undecided momma make up her mind :ROTFLMAO:

jbbhb
11-03-2011, 01:00 AM
I love my Flite. I did a pretty in depth review on here when I first got it if you want to search my posts. I think it's titled seagrass flite is here or somethign like that. In my original review I had the 2010, but when I had the bar popping up repair they actually just switched me out for a 2011 (just the frame, not the fabric). The push is better and the bar does not pop up at all.

love-pink
11-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Is the push as good as the BJCM?

love-pink
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Are there any stores that carry the Uppababy Gluxe/Lite or the Flite line?? Im in the Central Michigan area :loveeyes:

strollerqueen
11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Why have you narrowed it down to just these two, or three? What are the features they have in common that you want/need? FWIW, the BJCM and Flite, and G-Luxe are probably in different categories. The Flite and G-Luxe would be comparable, as in mid-featured umbrellas. The Mac Volo, G-Lite, M & P Trip, and Cybex Ruby would be comparable, as in ultralight umbrellas, etc.
I cannot make up my mind at all :( I have the BJCM (for the 2nd time now) and while I like it I dont love it.

We drive an suv so we have a small cargo area. The stroller has to be up and down instead of stored flat because its huge wheels make it too wide. I have 4 kids with no patients and its a pain in the neck to take that extra time to pop all the wheels off. With it stored up and down it hits the back hatch every time you stop and go or turn the corner. Seriously annooyying. I also hate how you have to fight and push to actually lock it shut if you want to use that feature. Not to mention you always have to flip the front wheel around just right to get a flat fold. Not very big things to complain about but they make me really hate the stroller some days.
I really do like how sturdy, easy to turn, easy fold, easy buckle and its gigantic canopy a crap ton though! :heartbeat:

Im really liking the looks of the Bumbleride Flite (2011 version). My BJCM is also the 2011 version ;). I know they have made some great improvements on both strollers this time so Im specifically looking to compare the newer models.

Ive also been eyeing the Uppababy G-Lite but Id really like to have a reclining stroller also for longer trips when dd may nap.

Btw, dd is 2 and likes to climb in and out over and over. I had the B-Agile not too long ago because I loved all the improvements it has vs the BJCM. I had 2 different ones sent to me because I was having wheel issues. I also HATE how hard the buckle is to do and undo. With dd getting and out so often that is very important to me. Im pretty sure I dont want to try a 3rd B-Agile anytime soon.

Please help this VERY undecided momma make up her mind :ROTFLMAO:

love-pink
11-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Basically I like the looks of the Flite. Pink :yay:

I like the Flite and G-luxe because they recline. But Im really doubtful she will nap anymore in the stroller. Its cold here now so the only time we will be using it at the mall this winter. Shes not been known to nap at the mall and likes to walk half the time.

I like the G-lite because its so light weight, the tall handles, small fold and of course the pink :yay:

Really the only reason Ive kept the BJCM or B-agile this long is because we live on a dirt road and I would often take dd on walks and she would fall asleep.

I just want something thats light weight, folds and locks small, decent canopy, pushes smooth even with a 40lb child in it and cute color of course.

love-pink
11-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Very open to suggestions :waving4:

crl
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Do you have to go with just one stroller? Good on dirt roads and folds down small plus lightweight don't generally go together. I'd keep something like a bob at home for the dirt roads and get something super small for the car.

Catherine

love-pink
11-03-2011, 10:04 PM
We also have a wagon and by next summer she will be going on 3 years old so well use that for walks. Shes starting to use her little bike a lot now too so maybe shell even want to ride her bike when we go. We dont go very far at all ;)

We only have the one vehicle right now so I cant leave a stroller in the cargo space because dh needs the space for work. We live in an old farm house so storage space is little to null with 4 kids ;) Id rather just have something small and easy to pop into the car when needed and then store right in our mud room.
Now thinking of that, that was another huge annoyance to me that the BJCM would not stand upright and had to be laid on its side.

When next spring rolls around and she does need something again for those walks well look at something bigger then :)

crl
11-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Well if you want an umbrella fold, full recline and a big canopy, I would look at a Cybex Onyx.

Catherine

love-pink
11-04-2011, 06:42 AM
I had a Cybex Topaz not even a year ago. I got rid I'd it to get the BJCM ;)

crl
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I had a Cybex Topaz not even a year ago. I got rid I'd it to get the BJCM ;)

Did the topaz fit your needs better than the BJCM?

Catherine

love-pink
11-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I liked it but grew sick of it quickly. I hate the square look of the canopy too. I paid less than $60 shipped for my Topaz last year and I couldnt imagine paying more now for the same stroller with less options on it. :( I really just want to try something fresh and new :rotflmao:

love-pink
11-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Im also not a fan of all the black they use for fabrics. I like bright cheery and girly :)

legaleagle
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Hmm, if you like the bright, super nice fabrics, how about one of the pegs? I would be all over the Iris if I had a girl, I also love the Geranium, Myrto, and Apricot.

love-pink
11-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Ive never been interested in Pegs. I never thought any of them were lightweight either?

legaleagle
11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Isn't the Si about 16 lbs? I don't know much about them except for the pretty, pretty colors :)

sweetsue98
11-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a flite and really like it for quick trips. The push is great for indoors, side walks and smooth surfaces. I pushed the BJCM at a store and liked it but I did not do a side by side comparison since the store didn't have a flite. I say if you love bright cheery girly colors....go for the flite in vita!

hollissmama
11-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Love my flite! I have the new 2011 version and have used a bjcm 2011 also. I feel like the push is comparable but the city mini is easier to push one handed since it has the one handle. But the flite is better in a few ways IMO:
- nicer look, by far in my book, I have seagrass :)
-love the fold, slim and easy and auto lock! we also had the issue of the city mini hitting the back all the time. arggg
- we like the adjustable leg rest and the canopy stays down. :) my guy could push up the city mini's canopy super easily.
-easy to do buckles too

anyway my recommendation is definitely for the flite, I like it as much as our indie, for different reasons of course and situations.