PDA

View Full Version : Zoob Reviews?

BeachBum
11-03-2011, 12:33 AM
What do you guys think about Zoobs? We don't have any and I'm trying to figure out if it would be something my boys would enjoy. (Ages,6 and newly3)

Tondi G
11-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Zoobs kind of come and go in our house. My MIL bought a 100 piece set for DS1 when he was 4 and his baby brother was born. They have managed to stick around and the boys do like to build with them sometimes... usually to make some type of weapons (swords and such).

I've seen they have some sets where you can build cars and they have R/C controllers ... DS2 would love that!

brittone2
11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
DS1 got a car building set as a gift for his 5th (I think?) bday and he still plays with it a lot.

DD (almost 5) has requested her own zoob set.

They are a hit here but my kids love most building toys.

hellokitty
11-03-2011, 08:44 AM
This is the only building toy that I do not like. We have lego, knex, kid knex, trio, erector, etc., so my kids are big into building sets Several of the zoob petals (female side) have broken. My kids are kind of eh about it, they will play with it, but it doesn't help that the pieces are so limited, since they keep breaking! I would not recommend them to others, there are better sets out there that are more sturdy.

baileygirl
11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
DS1 (almost 5) got a tube of zoobs in his stocking last Christmas and it was one of his most played with toys for several weeks after Christmas. He played with them enough that we bought a wheel set pretty close to Christmas, which we like and then a set of people (which was a flop). I like that they use different muscles in the hand/wrist. He didn't play with them for a few months, but has been playing with them a lot lately. He does play with unit blocks, magnatiles and legos/duplos more then them...they get about as much play time as trios. I think the original set we got was $10 on amazon (it is a very small set).