PDA

View Full Version : Question for a tall friend

swissair81
11-03-2011, 06:44 AM
She is looking into an inline stroller- either a P & T or a Plus One. She wants to know which is the easiest to walk with (she's 5'10") without kicking the back. Looking at the pictures of all of them, they all look fairly hard to walk with- the Plus One looks impossible in newborn mode, and the other P & Ts look impossible the rest of the time. I'm not sure what to tell her, as I've never used any of them. Advice?

roseyloxs
11-03-2011, 07:18 AM
My husband is that height and pushes our vibe no problem. The seat is raised above the ground so your feet can walk underneath it pretty comfortably. Haven't seen the plus one IRL but I would imagine its the same way.

PeppyParents
11-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi,

MB +One in newborn / second seat mode is high enough up that you still have an okay stride...

https://www.peppyparents.com/images/mb_+one6_lg.jpg

Vibe actually has less footroom than +One when pushing the Vibe with Doubles Kit on it...

http://www.peppyparents.com/images/pt_vibe2_dblchild_pp_lg.jpg

If legroom is a priority for tall parent comfort, either Baby Jogger City Select or UPPAbaby Vista with Rumbleseat are going to be the best options. Not sure if those would fit her situation.

swissair81
11-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the visuals. She particularly wanted something with air tires. She tried out my Vista when I still had it, and she didn't like the push at all.

PeppyParents
11-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the visuals. She particularly wanted something with air tires. She tried out my Vista when I still had it, and she didn't like the push at all.

Ahhhh, so begins her frustrating journey down Perfect Stroller Lane upon which so many of us still wander, looking for the treasure that we know we will surely one day discover. :)

swissair81
11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Ahhhh, so begins her frustrating journey down Perfect Stroller Lane upon which so many of us still wander, looking for the treasure that we know we will surely one day discover. :)

Don't I know it. I have 3 riders, 4 strollers, and I have to force myself not to look at anything else. The +One is so tempting. I keep trying to convince myself that I already have a Swift and a Duo (and a Bee+ and a Cam), and I should give it up already. I should just not look. I'll keep to it, and then the need for a double that actually goes in my car is almost overwhelming. (I'm not looking. I'm not looking. I'm not...)

legaleagle
11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
The Verve seat is tucked even further under than the vibe seat - take a look at the 360 views on the p&t website. My 6'3" DH has no problems pushing it in single or doubles mode.

mom3boys
11-03-2011, 09:46 AM
I wish someone on this board would get the Plus One so I could figure out if it is worth it for me to consider!

swissair81
11-03-2011, 10:08 AM
I wish someone on this board would get the Plus One so I could figure out if it is worth it for me to consider!

Well if I get one, should I keep my Swift and Duo? Should I sell one? Both? Hide the Swift in my mom's basement and pretend I don't have it anymore? I don't know what to do, so I don't do anything.

BabyBearsMom
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I've pushed the Explorer and the Vibe and I am 5'9" (and all legs) and I didn't kick the back. My DH is 6' and he was comfortable with both of those but he liked the stride on the B-Ready much more (no air tires thought).

Kaylee31
11-03-2011, 12:58 PM

Someone on this board has one and says she really likes it. Hopefully she'll do a review at some point.

Well if I get one, should I keep my Swift and Duo? Should I sell one? Both? Hide the Swift in my mom's basement and pretend I don't have it anymore? I don't know what to do, so I don't do anything.

Have you found any stores near you that have it in stock to try out? I would love to try it, but am waiting until a store w/free returns carries it.

swissair81
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Have you found any stores near you that have it in stock to try out? I would love to try it, but am waiting until a store w/free returns carries it.

No. BBB here doesn't carry it. They only carry the Terrain for some reason. I don't know another B&M stores in my area that carries MB. Even if I could try it though, what would I do with the rest of my MB stash. I need to know so DH doesn't abandon me for reckless stroller acquisition.

Kaylee31
11-03-2011, 01:19 PM
No. BBB here doesn't carry it. They only carry the Terrain for some reason. I don't know another B&M stores in my area that carries MB. Even if I could try it though, what would I do with the rest of my MB stash. I need to know so DH doesn't abandon me for reckless stroller acquisition.

It depends on how often you use your other MBs, and for what purposes; but I think it could replace at least one of them, if not both.

swissair81
11-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Well my Swift used to be my everything stroller. I don't use it half as much now that I have the Bee+. My Duo I use mostly for walking, and I never put it in my car. I don't know that I can sell my Swift. We spilled something on it, and MB is out of hood replacements. I'm pretty sure the +One could replace my Duo though.

blackiris
11-03-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm 5'5" and hated my p&t sport and 5'11" dh hated it even more. The verve looks like it'd be easier to push without kicking the bottom seat and is the only p&t I'd consider buying if I had to (although the reviews for it on amazon are HORRIBLE).
As for the +one, I honestly don't see the appeal. Both seats look uncomfortable and it seems like it would be a huge pain in the butt to get the back kid in and out. And don't you have to switch fabrics to change from single to double? Doesn't seem user friendly to me.
Swissair, why don't you get the bugaboo board and use that and the bee as your car "double"?

swissair81
11-03-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm 5'5" and hated my p&t sport and 5'11" dh hated it even more. The verve looks like it'd be easier to push without kicking the bottom seat and is the only p&t I'd consider buying if I had to (although the reviews for it on amazon are HORRIBLE).
As for the +one, I honestly don't see the appeal. Both seats look uncomfortable and it seems like it would be a huge pain in the butt to get the back kid in and out. And don't you have to switch fabrics to change from single to double? Doesn't seem user friendly to me.
Swissair, why don't you get the bugaboo board and use that and the bee as your car "double"?

That's exactly the kind of feedback my friend needs. Thank you. I will look at reviews of the Verve.

As for the +One, I wouldn't be switching the fabric back and forth, because I have no intention of using it as a single. The reason I'm considering it, is because I have a Hitchhiker board (which I have heard is less annoying than the Bug board) on the back of my Bee+. I kick it all the time, and I HATE it.

Eagletmom
11-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Someone on this board has one and says she really likes it. Hopefully she'll do a review at some point.

It's me :wink2: I have the plus one and love it:love-retry: I don't think I will have time to do a review any time soon (I just increased my hours @ work)but feel free to ask me questions. Here is my quick list of pros and cons of the plus one:

Pros:
1)Awesome Mountain Buggy and simple styling (love the MB look and the canopy)
2)Excellent push, not quite one handed fully loaded but the "best" I have tried for a tandem stroller and I do not kick the back.
3)Folds in one piece, with both seats in place (you do need to have the main seat hammock in the upright position to get a flat fold but this is easy peasy to do)
4)It only takes up about 1/3 of the space in the storage area of my toyota sienna when folded and this is with the 3rd row of seats up.
5)Great AT capabilities (fantastic in the snow)
6) Relatively lightweight and easy to lift in and out of the car
7) Can also be used as a single although I think I will probably keep it in double for the next year or two

Cons:
1) Little or no recline on either seat in doubles mode (however this suits my children just fine since they almost never sleep in the stroller. Plus I typically use it for quick shopping trips and drop off pick up @ school)
2)Pricy addition if you already have other strollers that do the same thing.
3) No reversible seat for a little babe:(
4) Back seat leg room is lacking (although I was able to fit my 5.5YO in the back and he did not complain, it was just difficult to get his feet out of the foot space;))

I am sure there are more but that's all I can think of right now, here is a cute Pic of my youngest two for reference DD is 9mos and DS3 is 3.5YO:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/maolbash/1319591765.jpg

I was sooooooo lucky to score one from Rick @ Hipbabygear.com:yay:

swissair81
11-03-2011, 02:48 PM
I thought the back seat reclined? Or is that only for newborns? If neither seat reclines in doubles mode, that will definitely not work for me.

roseyloxs
11-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Based on the youtube instructional video I think it only has a full recline and an upright position. Nothing in between.

Sorry to hear you kick the HH on your bee. I love that set-up. Maybe you can play with it a little bit. I was able to get my board so close to the bee that the bottom hinge actually hovers slightly over the back wheel covers. I am only 5'6" but I haven't noticed my 5'10" husband kick it either. The only thing that ever bothers me is that you can't go backwards but I have become accustomed to it.

The vibe seat is lower to the ground then the MB but there is nothing below the seat. There is no crossbar between the wheels and the seat is plenty high for feet to go under. I have never kicked the bottom of the seat ever. I have occasionally bumped the top of the seat with my thigh but the feeling isn't as annoying and doesn't bother your stride.

berlinsoul
11-04-2011, 02:09 PM
here is a cute Pic of my youngest two for reference DD is 9mos and DS3 is 3.5YO:

they are gorgeous!!

... I did not know that the seats don't recline ... that's a bummer IMO