PDA

View Full Version : Recommending a cute, casual jacket...

catpagmo
11-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Ok ladies, I just wanted to recommend this cute jacket. If this is a good color for you, get it! It is so comfy and very cute and flattering, too. Looks like a blazer, but feels like a sweatshirt. I have found it to be very wearable as a SAHM. It's great for running around and playing with the kids, but dresses up your look at the same time. I'm no fashionista, but have gotten lots of compliments when I wear it. :)

And it's on sale!!!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-knit-blazer/3168136?origin=category&resultback=2485

I have found that it fits true to size, BTW.

DrSally
11-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Looks cute and comfy!

crl
11-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I decided to give it a try--great price.:)

Catherine

catpagmo
11-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I decided to give it a try--great price.:)

Catherine

Yay! I hope you love it as much as I do! It's really a fantastic little jacket. :)

WitMom
11-04-2011, 06:36 AM
I'm very tempted...it looks like it's only available in gray currently. OP, is that the color you have? If so, does it look like "sweatshirt gray"? Does that make sense?

TwinFoxes
11-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm very tempted...it looks like it's only available in gray currently. OP, is that the color you have? If so, does it look like "sweatshirt gray"? Does that make sense?

I was wondering this too. I had seen the jacket before, it's definitely cute, but I'm not sure about the color.

weech
11-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I pulled the trigger! Great price. Thanks OP! :jammin:

jgenie
11-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Add me to the list - I like to wear tnecks in the winter and jackets really help me look pulled together. I'm petite and hoping this will fit.

g-mama
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
This is really cute. It looks like a flattering cut. I'm on the fence between size small and medium.

Also wondering if you have the gray and if it's a nice shade and not drab?

Thanks!

catpagmo
11-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Yes, that's the color I have. No, it's not "sweatshirt gray". It's more of a purple-y gray, like a periwinkle - steel, if that makes sense. :) I don't think it's drab, at all.

Also, as far as size goes, I am about 5'8", typically a size 8, with a 32C chest, and ordered the medium.

I hope you guys like it as much as I do! If not, there are free returns. ;)

WitMom
11-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Even more tempted now that I have info on the color. Must resist!!!

nfowife
11-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Jcpenneys has a very similar one in a bunch of colors. Saw it last night! Around $30 plus there is a $10 off $25 printable coupon floating around.

crl
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Got it! Very cute and a great price! I ordered a small and it fits fine, for a more relaxed fit, I could go medium. The cuffs are interesting and adjustable to just the right length which is nice for me as my arms are a tiny bit long.

Thanks for posting!
Catherine

twowhat?
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I bought something similar a few months ago ($15 score off Lucky clearance rack) - a navy blazer with cotton terry on the inside face. I love it and wear it to work and totally agree that it's great for allowing moms less restricted motion.

And it looks like you guys killed the stock:)

JenaW
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Jcpenneys has a very similar one in a bunch of colors. Saw it last night! Around $30 plus there is a $10 off $25 printable coupon floating around.

Do u have a link to the jcp one? Or the brand or something I can search by? TIA!

catpagmo
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Got it! Very cute and a great price! I ordered a small and it fits fine, for a more relaxed fit, I could go medium. The cuffs are interesting and adjustable to just the right length which is nice for me as my arms are a tiny bit long.

Thanks for posting!
Catherine

Awesome! So glad it worked out for you! :)

jgenie
11-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I finally got around to opening my box and trying on the jacket. I have to say I wasn't sure about the fabric and didn't think I would like it but it looks really good on. I'm petite and didn't have much hope for it actually fitting but it fits great. It is very slimming. Thanks OP!!

What color are you wearing underneath?

crl
11-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I finally got around to opening my box and trying on the jacket. I have to say I wasn't sure about the fabric and didn't think I would like it but it looks really good on. I'm petite and didn't have much hope for it actually fitting but it fits great. It is very slimming. Thanks OP!!

I have worn mine with a medium purple underneath. I think it would work with most greens, some blues, pink or black. . . . . Oh, and orange (though orange looks terrible on me so I won't be doing that combo.

Catherine

catpagmo
11-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I have to say I wasn't sure about the fabric and didn't think I would like it but it looks really good on. I'm petite and didn't have much hope for it actually fitting but it fits great. It is very slimming. Thanks OP!!

That's about how I felt when I tried it on in the store. It is quite slimming, isn't it? I was also suprised at how cute it was on.

I have only worn mine with a white v-neck t-shirt underneath. I like the contrast. :)

ourbabygirl
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I was all set to buy the grey one, but they don't have my size... must have been a lot of orders of the small & medium since last night when I looked!