PDA

View Full Version : Toddler snow pants help!

Momto1
11-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm looking for a pair of snow pants for DD. We live in Los Angeles, so these wouldn't see daily use, but in the winter DH and I go snowboarding practically every weekend. Last year, we left DD with my parents, but this year we're planning on bringing her with us and taking turns on the slopes while she hangs out in the lodge or plays in the snow.

That said, I'm looking for pants that will keep her warm/dry while we're there but I don't want to spend a fortune and they don't need to be super durable as she won't be wearing them every day. I'm guessing she'll wear them between 10 and 20 times.

I see Lands End / Hanna Andersson have snow pants in the $40-$50 range and Target has pants that are $15. Old Navy has them for $25, but the reviews aren't great. Any other brands you know of?

Any recommendations for part-time snow pants? Any experience with Target/Old Navy? Will these keep her warm and dry enough?

Second question - she's recently potty trained and the overall bib styles make me nervous, but I can see how they would be great for preventing snow-in-the-crack. Any tips for managing snow bibs with a newly potty trained kiddo?

Oh yeah - and what about boots? Any recommendations? DD isn't very coordinated so I haven't put her in boots yet, but I think she'll definitely need something for the snow...

AnnieW625
11-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I have some from Lands End and I like them a lot. I got them through Overstocks, but unfortunately right now there aren't any in that area. DD1 needs a pair this year as I think she has finally outgrown the LE ones I bought when she was 3.

Kindra178
11-04-2011, 02:15 PM
We are going to try the gap bibs this year. Last year my twins wore the gap snowpants and they were fine.

jammytoast
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
check Sierra Trading Post - I got some Columbia bibs from them last year w/ a coupon for like $20. I've alternately gotten some one-size-larger rain pants and layered them over sweats/fleece pants if its not super cold. I find that the wet is the bigger demon than the cold.