PDA

View Full Version : Favorite workout gear?

smiles33
11-04-2011, 02:30 PM
I wasn't sure if I should post this in Mommy Wear or MommyFIT but I figured the folks here have been working out and may have great advice.

I just started a kickboxing class and LOVE it. But I only have 2 sports bras (leftover from 6+ years ago before DDs). I need more and thought I'd ask for advice about both that and other clothes.

Do you wear sports bras with tank tops? Or sports bra/tank alone? I have a tank with a built-in bra (I'm only a 34B so I don't need super support) but it rides up and then my belly button is showing so I always wear something over it. But maybe it's just too small/old? So far for these past 3 classes, I've been putting old college t-shirts on over them but I hate rolling up my sleeves when I'm punching.

I have some Adidas cropped workout pants. What else do folks wear? I don't want to wear shorts because of the kicking. Yoga pants (which I have plenty of!) roll down my legs when I'm on my back doing crunches and other cardio stuff.

Finally, I sweat a TON so I have to wear my hair pulled up in a ponytail. Are there any cute new hair things to use?

Any other tips/tricks? Thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-04-2011, 02:43 PM
i wear a tank by itself that has support..i almost never wear a tank and something over it (too hot and cumbersome for me) . I :heartbeat: Lululemon..I have the pants (cropped and regular length) and tanks. I am 34F/36DDD (thanks to nursing!) and their tanks provide enough support for me, which is saying a lot IMO!

i think the trick is finding tanks that are long enough. I have a luluemon tank that i bought before i ever had kids, and its' pretty long and coves the tummy..it stretches pretty well too...so much that i could wear it was 34 weeks pregnant!

hellokitty
11-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I am large busted and yes, I have to wear a sports bra WITH a tank top that has bust support, so it's basically like wearing two bras, I guess. I like sports bras with very few seams, so the Target c9 and old navy ones are probably my favorite. Alone, they are not supportive enough, but paired with another top that has support, it works out well for me.

For bottoms, I am learning that the tighter they are the better. I've went from more yoga style pants and capris to leggings. It causes much less chaffing and the material isn't, "shwooshy" and getting in the way.

I have tried BIC bands and such for my hair, but it still slips out. I'm just used to wearing my hair up and then sometimes having to re-adjust my hair band, even though they are supposedly, "non-slip" I must have extra slick hair or something.

Katigre
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM
I wear a cup sports bra so there's no nipple poke through with a tank over it and a workout T on top. I like the Target C9 workout tees and TJ Maxx yogapants.

smiles33
11-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Isn't lululemon expensive? I may wait and see how serious I am about kickboxing before I invest real money in workout clothes! In the meantime, I gotta go check out the Target C9 stuff you both mentioned.

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I exercise a lot and I don't spend much on my gear. Lulumom is outside of my budget so no idea if it is any good. I did like the Tuff's stuff from Costco last year! My favorite workout pants are the Tuff yoga capris:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Tuff-Athletics-Nylon-Supplex-Yoga-Capri-Pant-XS-S-M-FREE-Ship-24-hours-/180749522027?pt=US_Womens_Athleticwear&var=&hash=item6fc4db724c

I'm hoping Costco has more this year.

I think cropped, form fitting pants will work for you. Target has good options for that too:
http://www.target.com/c/women-clothing-activewear-bottoms/-/N-5xtck

I have the same problem with tanks/ built in bras with the rolling up. I don't think going up a size would help in my case though a flatter tummy may help; the cut just isn't right for me. I have some that are ok from Target. I prefer a sports bra though but I am a big b/ small c so I need the support. I really like 100% cotton ribbed tank tops from Old Navy. I know that isn't cool or made of anything nifty and, yeah, you get sweaty with some workouts. I really like them for the comfort and because they don't ride up.

Beth

cono0507
11-04-2011, 11:55 PM
I love athleta's switchback tank. I'm
A 36b and the large fits great and doesn't ride up. I wore it all day today actually after my Pilates class and it didn't ride up once.
I love the perfect core pants from Lucy. They are pricy but actually tomorrow they are having a one day only sale for their anniversary and everything including sale stuff is 25% off plus free shipping. Lucy has some great tanks too.

cono0507
11-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Forgot to add. For sports bras check out moving comfort. I discovered them this year and love them. I like Alexis, vero and vixen. Vero is probably my favorite because it has a back closure and you don't have to struggle to get the sweaty tight thing off over your head. Don't pay full price - you can find previous seasons colors on sale many places including amazon. I like the ones with sculpted cups/a little padding so there is no show through.

For hair check out sweaty bands. Super cute headbands that actually stay in. I wear my hair in a ponytail plus a sweaty band to keep the strays from falling all over my face. There are some etsy sellers who make them cheaper but their names are escaping me.