PDA

View Full Version : Target's LEGO Bullseye Giftcards are back

alien_host
11-04-2011, 04:05 PM
You can get a 48 piece LEGO set for free by purchasing a gift card. You can make the Bullseye dog, with alternate instructions for a polar bear and snowman.

These sold out quickly last year. I found them on an end-cap in the greeting card area. I believe it is a $5 minimum needed to load on the card. This year's box is almost twice the size of last year's.

ETA: The gift card is removable so you DO NOT have to carry the box around. Thanks connor_mommy for pointing that out!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6227/6313165028_7d1b3337e4.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31073717@N08/6313165028/)

lchang25000
11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Someone posted about this yesterday and I went today and got 8 of them! There were a bunch scattered in diff. areas of the store. There were a ton more that I left behind. Last year, they restocked it soon after they ran out. I remember buying some right before Christmas! I still have some from last year. Luckily, they don't expire.

theloo
11-04-2011, 05:07 PM
I really wanted one last year & couldn't find any :( I was just near a Target today ... wish I had known about these! Thanks for the heads up :)

YouAreTheFocus
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Adorable--I must have missed these last year! I want to get them for the adult stockings (we all like cute, fun stuff!).

zoestargrove
11-04-2011, 08:45 PM
oh boo! I was at Target today, but didn't know about them and didn't see them.

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I knew about them and didn't see them anywhere today! Any idea where to look?

Beth

kellybelly0513
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
At my store they were in the back with the Christmas stuff on an endcap.

msmouse523
11-04-2011, 10:09 PM
At my store, they were on the end cap by the greeting cards and also by the Christmas stuff.

connor_mommy
11-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Our store just got them in. The gift card actually separates from the box, so you don't need to bring in the whole thing.

lchang25000
11-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Our store just got them in. The gift card actually separates from the box, so you don't need to bring in the whole thing.

Thanks! I was wondering if it would be diff from last year's where it was stuck to the box.

alien_host
11-05-2011, 10:15 AM

Oh good to know, I just assumed it didn't, this makes a lot more sense!

jellibeans
11-05-2011, 01:19 PM
My store didn't have them. The toy catalogue says Nov 6.

lchang25000
11-05-2011, 03:51 PM

One of my stores didn't have them, but the other one did. I guesss some stores get them earlier than others?

katydid1971
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I called my Target and they said they think they are not getting them

alien_host
11-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Last year these gift cards were available on-line. But I think the minimum was $25 per card. Maybe shipping was free? So if you can't find them locally, check on-line tomorrow (Nov. 6th).

calebsmama03
11-05-2011, 10:51 PM

What page in the toy catty? I looked but didn't see them.

jellibeans
11-05-2011, 11:04 PM
It was in one of the catalogues that I got in the mail. I think on the last page?

yalie2001
11-06-2011, 12:20 AM
I went in today and my store said they didn't have them yet.... which means hopefully they will have them soon :)

connor_mommy
11-06-2011, 12:39 AM
The store that I found them had it in a shopping cart to the side. It was still in the box. I asked a guy about it and he said they just didn't have time to put it out yet. I picked up some last night and went back this morning to pick up more. It was still in the box in the shopping cart.

YouAreTheFocus
11-06-2011, 02:14 AM
None at my store yet either :( Hope I don't miss 'em!

mom2one
11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
My store had the display out today in the card section but none where there to buy. :(

I just checked for them online but dont see them. IF anyone finds them online, will you post the link?

Susan

theloo
11-07-2011, 01:40 AM
I called 2 stores and they said they didn't have them "yet." One store said it would be in the next week or two. Crossing my fingers!

YouAreTheFocus
11-07-2011, 03:33 AM
I went to another Target today on a mission to find these! I saw 3 different displays advertising them, but no product in sight. A team member told me to check w/ Guest Services. I went and asked at the desk, and the 3 employees disappeared into the back for several minutes. They finally reappeared with the 4 I had requested. So, if you're having trouble--go ask at GS. They might just have a secret stash!!

KimMae
11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I found 5 and bought 4 at our large busy Target. They were in the xmas section along a back wall with other gift cards. The cashier asked me about them and where they were so that last one is probably gone too!

rlu
11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Went to two Targets on Saturday, not out yet - Westgate and Oakridge.

alien_host
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm not seeing it online for purchase, which is weird since they have a picture of it on the gift card page.

They are "Wow Giftcards" so click on that and it should appear there if available. Last year I'm certain I got them the first day they were released on-line (same as the date mentioned in the toy book) as I was afraid I wouldn't see them instore.

Rainbows&Roses
11-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Did they charge you $1 for the actual gift card? I bought one of the barking buddies game gift cards and it was $1. I don't remember them ever charging for the gift card itself.

icunurse
11-07-2011, 11:16 PM
I just bought 2 Target gift cards - one Lego, and one electronic game - at 2 different stores and neither one charged a fee for the card.

liz
11-07-2011, 11:50 PM
All gone at my local Target....hopefully they will restock soon.

OP thanks for posting, I didn't know these exsisted!

BebeRoo
11-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Darn I just came back from Target. Wished I knew about these. Will have to check them out next time.

aimeet
11-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Thanks OP!

Went to the Sunnyvale Target today. The display was up but empty so I went to guest services to ask about it. The cashier was clueless but luckily a manager happened to be standing right there and mentioned they had a box that had yet to be unloaded. :yay: This is a great stocking stuffer! I'll be keeping these in my bag to keep the kids entertained when we go out!

theloo
11-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I asked SIX people if the store had them. The first 4 said never seen them. I was about to leave, but asked one more person, who said she didn't know where they were, but a customer had bought 10 this morning. With that news, I asked one more person & she showed me where they were! I bought a couple and left one there.

BTW, I tried to pay with a gift card and was told that Target does not accept gift card as payment for gift cards. That seemed strange to me. Has that happened to anyone else?

smiles33
11-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I went Sunday night and saw an endcap display with the Lego ad but empty. I asked 2 cashiers but they said if it's empty, then they're all gone. I may just go search again!

lchang25000
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Luckily, I bought 8 of them when I did a few days ago, cause they were all gone when I was there today!

elbenn
11-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I asked SIX people if the store had them. The first 4 said never seen them. I was about to leave, but asked one more person, who said she didn't know where they were, but a customer had bought 10 this morning. With that news, I asked one more person & she showed me where they were! I bought a couple and left one there.

BTW, I tried to pay with a gift card and was told that Target does not accept gift card as payment for gift cards. That seemed strange to me. Has that happened to anyone else?

I just bought a gift card a couple of days ago and was paying with a gift card.

overcome
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't understand what these are....

justlearning
11-08-2011, 09:55 PM
I got one last night and gave it to DS but there were only instructions for creating Bullseye. Do you know where we can find instructions for creating a snowman or polar bear with it?

ETA that I found it on an endcap in the cards section. There was a man there who had taken them all (3) but was on the phone with his wife and found out that he only needed 2 so I got the other one. After reading this thread, I guess I should have gone up to customer service to see if they had more.

To answer what they are, the box that the lego set comes in is the gift card. I just put $5 on mine.

Jen841
11-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I bought 10 the other day (Lionville PA). Found them in the card section, Christmas section and in the toy section. They have special displays for them.

You need to put $5-$2000 on them.

alien_host
11-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I got one last night and gave it to DS but there were only instructions for creating Bullseye. Do you know where we can find instructions for creating a snowman or polar bear with it?

ETA that I found it on an endcap in the cards section. There was a man there who had taken them all (3) but was on the phone with his wife and found out that he only needed 2 so I got the other one. After reading this thread, I guess I should have gone up to customer service to see if they had more.

To answer what they are, the box that the lego set comes in is the gift card. I just put $5 on mine.

The snowman is on the back of the Bullseye dog instructions. The polar bear was a separate sheet. Both were in the box (I think the polar bear outside the wrapper for the bricks and the bullseye was with the bricks in the sealed bag)

I can try and take a picture if you need it, but it might take a few days for me to load it.

justlearning
11-09-2011, 02:10 AM
The snowman is on the back of the Bullseye dog instructions. The polar bear was a separate sheet. Both were in the box (I think the polar bear outside the wrapper for the bricks and the bullseye was with the bricks in the sealed bag)

I can try and take a picture if you need it, but it might take a few days for me to load it.

I'm going to be able to go to a different Target on Fri. so hopefully I can pick up another set there for my other son along with the instructions. But thanks for your offer to load it here--I'll let you know if you I need it. When DS took the set out of the box, I didn't see any other instructions sheet than the one and he said that it was only for Bullseye. I thought then that I misunderstood and that there were 3 separate sets instead of a 3-in-1, so I didn't double check it. He's since built Bullseye and threw the instructions in the trash along with food that's already been taken out. :(

Mommaof3
11-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks for posting about these, never heard of them. My DD's who are huge Lego fans are going to love them! They were in the card section at my Target.

Dream
11-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't understand. You get a box of legos with pieces to make the dog/snowman when you purchase $t GC?

justlearning
11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I went to a different Target and asked up front to get some (there was no display in the store). These are packaged differently and refer to 3-in-1 and being able to make the snowman and polar bear. The other one I bought just had Bullseye on the front, so I wonder if it was left over from last year--perhaps that's why it didn't come with instructions for the other two.

To answer another poster's question, it comes free with a gift card. The min. amount is $5 to put on the gift card, but of course you can use that for whatever you want.

At the Target today they also had some paddle balls and squirt guns that came free packaged together with a gift card--the same idea. I bought all of them because I usually give gift cards for my older son's friends and it's fun that they get a little toy to play with along with the gift card.

speo
11-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks for posting about this. I would have never noticed it. I got 2.

lilhilly
11-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't understand. You get a box of legos with pieces to make the dog/snowman when you purchase $t GC?

Exactly. So if you use the gc yourself, it's essentially like free Lego. If you buy it as a gift, it's a cute gift.

alien_host
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I went to a different Target and asked up front to get some (there was no display in the store). These are packaged differently and refer to 3-in-1 and being able to make the snowman and polar bear. The other one I bought just had Bullseye on the front, so I wonder if it was left over from last year--perhaps that's why it didn't come with instructions for the other two.

Yes, that sounds like last year's version, they must have found some in the warehouse LOL.

lchang25000
11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Got 2 more today....hooray! I hope all the recipients will love them as much as I do!

madsmama
11-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Am I too late? I remember being able to purchase them after Thanksgiving last year. I went to Sunnyvale Target yesterday at lunch and saw the display, but they only had the water squirt toy gc available.

mom2akm
11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Am I too late? I remember being able to purchase them after Thanksgiving last year. I went to Sunnyvale Target yesterday at lunch and saw the display, but they only had the water squirt toy gc available.

It's hard to say. I called a few stores and they said that there will be a re-stock but I'm not sure if they really know.

overcome
11-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm in central Indiana and my super target had them scattered throughout the store on end caps. Didn't get any bc I don't have anyone to give them to!

hellokitty
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope they restock these. I got one today, since I got two last yr and forgot to give them to the kids (and now DS3 will want one too). Well, they are different from last yr's, so I'm hoping to get more. I guess I got the last one at my store. The kits this yr are so much nicer looking than the ones last yr and the 3 in 1 feature is cool!

SnuggleBuggles
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I chose not to be greedy yesterday and just bought one for ds1. Part of me wanted to buy more just because I could. But, I don't really like when people do that so I'd be a hypocrite if I did it. :)

Mine were by the greeting cards too.

Beth

veronica
11-12-2011, 08:58 AM
My target so annoyed me this week. I live an hour away, and rarely make it up. DH and the kids were off on Thu and I went. I only wanted to check two things : lego bags by the register and the Gift cards.

I walk in, get a cart and find lego bags. Woohoo, I am so happy. there was an associate nearby with a pricing gun, so I quickly ask her to scan it to confirm the $.39 (there was no scanner nearby). She says, "I can't sell it to you," I was so confused. Apparently, they had been taken out of the system and showed "item not found" and it reverts to the original $3.99 price. I asked for the 90% off price and she said they have all been pulled to salvage and that if I really wanted it, the only price they could go on was $3.99. I was instantly deflated. I'm a room mom for both of my children's classes this year, and no one else volunteered to help. I am on the hook for every single cost and this would have really help. to add insult to injury, there were so many left in different registers. She asked where I got it from and I pointed to the register and she pulled the rest.

I walked the rest of the store and looked at every single gift card display after that. not one of these was out. I was so sad. then I found a squinkie halloween bracelet and knew that was going to be 90%. I decided to go to CS and ask to buy the lego bags at the 90% price. Not only had she been spoken to before my arrival (the other lego bags were sitting there on her desk), but she wouldn't let me buy the squinkie bracelet either. that was salvaged too , and no more halloween should have been out. I have never had issues with this store and was so unbelievably sad.

I turned around and paid, and had forgotten to ask for the GC. the register associate had no clue what I was talking about so I went to CS to ask again. She must have felt bad for me by then , and very sheapishly said, "oh, we may um have some, maybe." it was so fake and she pulled out a whole box of the GC. I bought six (so dd and ds could make each shape at once). I still want the little lego bags.......there were so many at the different registers....

ECMom
11-14-2011, 01:23 AM
These haven't showed up in my local Target yet. However, I was just able to buy one on-line. I got a $25 one since below that the only option was email or mobile, which shouldn't work with the lego set attached.

Twin Mom
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Went to 1 Target and they were out but told me to check with the person who handles gift cards today.

Went to another Target yesterday and the customer service people said they were out but I found 2 in the electronics area which was fine since I only needed 2 - 1 for each DC. DC were spending their birthday gift cards so I let them each buy one for $5 and explained they were getting the Legos for free! They built them as soon as we got home.