PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Q about this open poncho (bought it today)

etwahl
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
This looks much cuter on than it does in the picture (I got oatmeal color), but it has 19% acrylic (51% cotton, 24% wool, and 6% yak).

Will I regret it considering the acrylic? Or is it a small enough amount that it won't be so bad?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/caslon-cable-knit-swing-poncho/3207418?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=893

crl
11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I think it depends on what your issues are with acrylic and what you expect. I have found that any percentage of acrylic makes me sweat. And then I am uncomfortable and stinky. If you don't have that problem and don't care if it only lasts a season or two (I feel like that about trendier pieces), then I would think it is fine.

Catherine

etwahl
11-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm more worried about it looking crappy after a few wearings. I've never noticed a sweating issue in the past, but then again, I really never paid attention to acrylic content until joining this group recently :)

katydid1971
11-04-2011, 06:07 PM
I find that acrylic tends to pill a lot.

etwahl
11-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I was afraid that even the small amount of acrylic might affect it. It wasn't even on sale (otherwise I'd probably not care as much). I love the look though.

Anyone know of a non-acrylic version? It looks really great with leggings and boots!

etwahl
11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
My husband settled it for me. He said the sweater reminded him out of something from the Seinfeld episode - The Urban Sombrero.