PDA

View Full Version : Favorite basic tshirts?

etwahl
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
I have always bought Caslon tshirts from Nordstrom. I need some short sleeve ts and was looking at possibly Gap, but not sure of their quality. They are definitely cheap though. They have regular and tall - I'm assuming tall means longer? I do hate short tshirts, but don't want them so long that they are bunching either.

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for basic colors to use in layering - white, grey, black.

DrSally
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I like some of the gap ones. Lately, they've been doing a lot of rayon. I found out the hard way that they shrink like crazy if they go in the dryer.

etwahl
11-04-2011, 09:04 PM
I like some of the gap ones. Lately, they've been doing a lot of rayon. I found out the hard way that they shrink like crazy if they go in the dryer.

These are the ones I'm looking at - they are 100% cotton.
http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17082&vid=1&pid=751165

ETA: Just saw this post over at youlookfab. There are some helpful tips here.
http://youlookfab.com/welookfab/topic/is-this-a-good-basic-layering-tee

DrSally
11-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I may have a few very similar to that one from gap. Mine have a bit of the textured, slub look, but similar shape. I really like the thiness, and the shape is great. Seems to accentuate curves in the right way.

crl
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I recently purchased two Caslon T-shirts, two Gap T-shirts, and two Old Navy T-shirts. All are 100 percent cotton. I have only had them a couple of weeks so I can't really comment on how they will hold up. I like them all. My favorites are the Caslon tops. They are plenty long enough without being too long and they have nice v necklines that are deep enough to look somewhat stylish without being revealing. The gap v necks are a bit deeper than I would prefer, although quite wearable. Both the Gap and the Old Navy shirts are a bit longer than I think is ideal for me. The Old Navy t-shirts are the thickest.

For the money, the Old Navy shirts are probably the best buy, especially for layering.

Catherine