PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Britax seats: $101 Roundabout, $115 Frontier (must stalk)

azazela
11-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Editing to not confuse anyone who hasn't followed from the beginning. Roundabouts are still available for $101 shipped here (http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=435). Frontiers and Parkways appear on the same page for brief moments here and there and if you stalk the page you might see/get one.

There are some really nice prices on Britax seats on Wayfair.com (http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=435). Is this a reputable site? I haven't checked out shipping or anything yet though. Take a look if you need a Frontier, Parkway or Roundabout.

Melaine
11-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I think CSN is perfectly fine and it looks like they have changed to wayfair, so I would be fine purchasing there. Good prices!

azazela
11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Some strollers too - http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=406 but I don't really know if these are good prices.

Reader
11-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Thank you, thank you, about to buy a Frontier for $115.

kaharris83
11-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I've bought strollers and a Tripp Trapp from their returns section and all the items were brand new in the box still. I did get a Maclaren that looked gently used from them once.

During the summer they were selling lots and lots of Sunshine Kids seats and people on car-seat.org were reporting that they were new in the box and most hadn't even been opened.

PAfirsttimemom
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Wow! Wonder what the manufacture dates are on these seats.

ETA: Would anyone else be a little wary of buying a returned car seat?

Melaine
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I've bought strollers and a Tripp Trapp from their returns section and all the items were brand new in the box still. I did get a Maclaren that looked gently used from them once.

During the summer they were selling lots and lots of Sunshine Kids seats and people on car-seat.org were reporting that they were new in the box and most hadn't even been opened.

So glad to hear this! I just bought a Tripp Trapp and am really hoping it is in great shape. For the price, I couldn't resist!

kaharris83
11-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Mine was brand new in the box, as was the baby set I got from there for $30 too. They only had white last time, which wasn't my first choice, so I'm debating if I should order another and sell the white...

OKKiddo
11-05-2011, 11:31 AM
There are some really nice prices on Britax seats on Wayfair.com (http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=435). Is this a reputable site? I haven't checked out shipping or anything yet though. Take a look if you need a Frontier, Parkway or Roundabout.

ETA (after some research): these are returns, final sale and there is no shipping or tax (to NJ). Might be worth it to get a Frontier 85 for $115 shipped...

Thanks for the link! I just got a Frontier 85 as well...now to see if they come through with it or if there was only the one. :/

Snow mom
11-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Awww, I wish they had cowmoo. I guess my search continues...

lele
11-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Had been looking for one for a while! extra seat for dh's car. $112 shipped in red.

peanut520
11-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Over :crying: they are 196.xx now

Momit
11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I got the Frontier in red about 2 hours ago. At first it wasn't there, then I checked again a few minutes later and there was 1 available. It says once you add it to your cart it stays for 30 minutes then it's released so maybe keep checking back.

Snow mom
11-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Over :crying: they are 196.xx now

This particular cover has been $196 all day which is why they are still there. As PP said, they hold the item for 30 minutes once it's added to a cart. It seems their inventory system might actually be set up to handle the huge amount of traffic they probably received today. Suddenly wayfair is all over the various boards.

elbenn
11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
I have been looking for a deal on the Frontier 85 and I'm so bummed I missed this! Is there any pattern to when they post returned items or do you just have to stalk their site?

legaleagle
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks so much for this, OP, I just got a roundabout 55 for my niece! Sorry to have missed the $115 frontiers though.

PAfirsttimemom
11-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Is buying a returned car seat risky at all? I saw the Frontier deal but hesitated because of that. Just curious what others think. Would have loved to get one for that great price.

legaleagle
11-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I would hesitate in some instances but in this case, I believe there is simply no way that they suddenly received 15 returned roundabouts at once. I think these are simply clearance, probably to make way for the new covers. I know a lot of people have reported ordered returns/clearance stuff from wayfair and it was obviously unopened.

AnnieW625
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, just posted about a $49 Evenflo Tribute for DD2 in the car seat forum, but now a $101 RA55 might be a good deal too:)

legaleagle
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Hard to resist, really - you'd probably more than make up the difference with resale, if you wanted to.

AnnieW625
11-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Hard to resist, really - you'd probably more than make up the difference with resale, if you wanted to.

And I could use the seat for at least another 3, but probably 4 yrs.

OKKiddo
11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the link! I just got a Frontier 85 as well...now to see if they come through with it or if there was only the one. :/

I just got the email notification of shipment with a fedex tracking number. YIPPEEE!!!

AnnieW625
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
:bowdown: to the op for posting this:) I emailed DH and just ordered a smokey pearl RA 55; DH really wanted Cowmoo, but I said for $100 less the smokey pearl was fine.

chozen
11-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I just got the email notification of shipment with a fedex tracking number. YIPPEEE!!!

rub it in.:)

legaleagle
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I read on car-seat.org that these are in fact all new - apparently someone cancelled a huge order after they had already arrived at the wayfair warehouse which is why they're clearing them out so quickly!

lauren3110
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
The frontiers I see now are $196 - were the $115 ones a different pattern?

azazela
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
:bowdown: to the op for posting this:) I emailed DH and just ordered a smokey pearl RA 55; DH really wanted Cowmoo, but I said for $100 less the smokey pearl was fine.

You're welcome! I'm glad you got one :love-retry:

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 12:10 AM
After madly refreshing all day, I just got a red rock frontier for $112! And the ra55 I ordered this afternoon already shipped. I hope I like the red rock, I have no idea what kind of fabric it is. But I guess even if I buy a new cover, it'll still be cheaper than even a good sale on these.

elbenn
11-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I just got a Frontier 85 for $115! I kept refreshing and a few came in stock.

AustenFan
11-08-2011, 12:20 AM
What page were you refreshing? I've been looking at the same $196 clearance page all evening, but maybe I'm not checking often enough!

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Are you looking at the page of all clearance car seats? It's just showing the frontier onyx and the 2 ra patterns at the moment, but various other frontiers have been popping up randomly. I've had quite a few where they pop up but can't be added to the cart too.

http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=435

AustenFan
11-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, now none of them are showing up for me!=( Oh well, I'll try refreshing a few more times tonight to see if something else pops up. Thanks!

elbenn
11-08-2011, 12:39 AM
What page were you refreshing? I've been looking at the same $196 clearance page all evening, but maybe I'm not checking often enough!

That's the page I was refreshing. There were usually 3 items but then a few Frontier 85s came in stock for $115. I quickly added one to my cart (it said that there were 5 available of that pattern) and by the time I checked out, all of them were gone. Keep refreshing and hopefully you'll get one.

AustenFan
11-08-2011, 12:40 AM
thanks!

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Ugh, I've been refreshing all day but somehow missed that Frontiers were popping up that low, and I really need one for DD. So irritated! Now I'll be even more obsessively stalking...

Snow mom
11-08-2011, 02:32 AM
I finally got a Maui Blue. I should have just ordered when there were a bunch in stock on the first day. Now I've stayed up way past my bedtime. I missed about 8 different seats that popped up and I was too slow so glad to finally be done refreshing. Of the colors they had this was my preference but I really wish they would have had cowmoo or livia.

Staraglimmer
11-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I know, DD wants livia. I keep refreshing.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

chozen
11-08-2011, 11:22 AM
I finally got a Maui Blue. I should have just ordered when there were a bunch in stock on the first day. Now I've stayed up way past my bedtime. I missed about 8 different seats that popped up and I was too slow so glad to finally be done refreshing. Of the colors they had this was my preference but I really wish they would have had cowmoo or livia.

so what did you pay for the maui blue?

Snow mom
11-08-2011, 11:34 AM
so what did you pay for the maui blue?

$115.50 but you get 3% back from the wayfair rewards program and I went through ebates for 2.5% (I believe Mr. Rebates is 3% but I don't use them often enough for it to be worth the extra).

chozen
11-08-2011, 11:45 AM
$115.50 but you get 3% back from the wayfair rewards program and I went through ebates for 2.5% (I believe Mr. Rebates is 3% but I don't use them often enough for it to be worth the extra).

by refreshing do you mean leaving that pg. and then re-entering or leaving the web-site entirely and going back in? can you tell i really want one of these, i called them the first day because i had it in my cart and was finishing the transaction and some how it got taken, there were none left at that time.

Snow mom
11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
where did you see this on there web-site? is it on the pg. that i keep seeing the three carseats, one being the frontier for $196.00? or is it on the page with all the britax seats.

It's on the page with the three carseats. You basically have to refresh constantly and hope that one pops up. There are a lot of people trying though so you have to be really quick. If one pops up it isn't added to your cart until you click add to cart, scroll down on that next page (which explains these are non-returnable and possibly returns) and click accept. Then it's added to your cart assuming you are the first to manage this sequence.

chozen
11-08-2011, 12:00 PM
It's on the page with the three carseats. You basically have to refresh constantly and hope that one pops up. There are a lot of people trying though so you have to be really quick. If one pops up it isn't added to your cart until you click add to cart, scroll down on that next page (which explains these are non-returnable and possibly returns) and click accept. Then it's added to your cart assuming you are the first to manage this sequence.

to refresh do you leave the web-site entirely or just that page? and when do you think is the best time of day to do this? i have been doing it off and on for the last day or two and i keep seeing the same carseats but i have not stayed up late to check.

elbenn
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
to refresh do you leave the web-site entirely or just that page? and when do you think is the best time of day to do this? i have been doing it off and on for the last day or two and i keep seeing the same carseats but i have not stayed up late to check.

I just hit the refresh button over and over again.

chozen
11-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I just hit the refresh button over and over again.

i know very little about computers, where is the refresh button?:o

Snow mom
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Function F5 on my computer or just hit the little refresh button on your browser.

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM

On internet explorer, it's the button with the 2 little green arrows pointing up and down, next to the red x. On firefox, it's the little swirly arrow at the end of the URL bar.

chozen
11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
thank you girls for your help! now just hoping i can snag one.:)

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 02:01 PM
A bunch more just popped up, including a radian and parkway, though now they're gone again. But not before bought another frontier in Maui :bag

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
A bunch more just popped up, including a radian and parkway, though now they're gone again. But not before bought another frontier in Maui :bag

Augh!! I was a minute too late!!!!
ETA: And another one popped up but was snagged b/4 I could get it in my cart...

chozen
11-08-2011, 02:05 PM

i don't understand i have been watching and i did not see those, still the same three on the screen. did you just get another 85 in maui?

chozen
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
now i am starting to wonder if this is legit, has anyone received the carseats they ordered yet?

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
i don't understand i have been watching and i did not see those, still the same three on the screen. did you just get another 85 in maui?

Yup, it actually said there were 5 in stock too. I guess you just have to be really really fast.

Now i am starting to wonder if this is legit, has anyone received the carseats they ordered yet?

A couple people on car-seat.org have gotten theirs, totally NIB. Wayfair is definitely a legit site, I've ordered all kinds of stuff (light fixtures, baby stuff, cooking stuff, etc) from them over the years

AnnieW625
11-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Completely legit! Mine is on it's way from Salt Lake City via Fed Ex and is expected tomorrow (although Wayfair said it could come as late as Monday, 11-14). I can't wait:)

Momit
11-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Drat! Took a break from my stalking to have lunch and missed these. It's legit but you have to be quick. There's an 18+ page thread on another board and people are posting when they cancel or remove something from their cart so someone else can snag it right away.

lele
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
now i am starting to wonder if this is legit, has anyone received the carseats they ordered yet?

I have tracking on mine to be here Thursday.

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 02:29 PM
There's an 18+ page thread on another board and people are posting when they cancel or remove something from their cart so someone else can snag it right away.

Ugh, really??? So the odds are pretty slim for this one.

Kicking myself b/c I'm a big stalker of their clearance section normally, so I don't know how i missed these in the first place. :banghead:

Now I'm afraid to leave my desk, lol...

ETA: ARGH just missed another one!!!!!

chozen
11-08-2011, 02:34 PM
i just got a red one, how long does it stay in your cart?

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 02:35 PM
i just got a red one, how long does it stay in your cart?

Haha, I tried to grab that one but you beat me to it! 30 min, I think :D

MSWR0319
11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Haha, I tried to grab that one but you beat me to it! 30 min, I think :D

:yeahthat:

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Wahoo, I just got a red one too!!!:yay:

Now I can finally go pee:p

Staraglimmer
11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I saw but missed the red one.

-Stephanie

MSWR0319
11-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Wahoo, I just got a red one too!!!:yay:

just out of curiosity, did it come up right after all of the car seats disappeared?

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 02:55 PM

LOL!

I just bought the marathon crimson cover set for $41 just in case it matches the red rock. Since my children obviously NEED coordinating car seats. And now I'm closing the page and not going back!

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
just out of curiosity, did it come up right after all of the car seats disappeared?

Not sure, honestly - I was refreshing so frequently I can't be sure, but if not immediately after, then definitely pretty quickly thereafter. I do always assume when the items disappear that some sort of re-stocking or refreshing of their inventory is happening so I stay close!

chozen
11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
i just wanted to say THANK YOU ,THANK YOU! to the OP.:D:D

chozen
11-08-2011, 03:01 PM
question to those of you that bought one of the fron. 85, did it say it was used and a return item on your account after you placed the order?

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 03:05 PM
question to those of you that bought one of the fron. 85, did it say it was used and a return item on your account after you placed the order?

Yep, it says "This item is a return that was resold as used from the Wayfair warehouse."

legaleagle
11-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Yes, it says that for all of them since it's from their clearance section, but apparently what happened is someone placed a huge order and cancelled after wayfair had already gotten them in their warehouse. Everyone who has actually received theirs has reported that they were NIB and had DOM within the last couple months.

Momit
11-08-2011, 03:09 PM

:rotflmao:Too funny! Glad you finally got one!

lauren3110
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
you all must have gotten the one I was trying to add to my cart!! If anyone changes their mind let me know. The stalking continues i guess :-)

chozen
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes, it says that for all of them since it's from their clearance section, but apparently what happened is someone placed a huge order and cancelled after wayfair had already gotten them in their warehouse. Everyone who has actually received theirs has reported that they were NIB and had DOM within the last couple months.

GREAT. i am so excited, what a savings!

craftysierra
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
So happy I have tracking in Utah too :) It is the gray perfect for the extra seat!

elbenn
11-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Drat! Took a break from my stalking to have lunch and missed these. It's legit but you have to be quick. There's an 18+ page thread on another board and people are posting when they cancel or remove something from their cart so someone else can snag it right away.

What other board are you referring to? I am just curious if there are other bargain boards like this one that I don't know about!

Melaine
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
What other board are you referring to? I am just curious if there are other bargain boards like this one that I don't know about!

There is NO other board like this one. :p

She is probably talking about Diaperswappers, but there are also threads on slickdeals.net, and I'd be shocked if car-seat.org hasn't picked up on this too.

boltfam
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM

She is probably talking about Diaperswappers, but there are also threads on slickdeals.net, and I'd be shocked if car-seat.org hasn't picked up on this too.

darn it. That severely reduces my chances...

Melaine
11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
darn it. That severely reduces my chances...

I sometimes wish our bargain page could be private! I have started many threads myself and seen them go right to slickdeals. It's not that I'm greedy, exactly, I'd just prefer to keep them among ourselves where everyone is polite and nice and isn't going to buy them all up to sell on ebay.

boltfam
11-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I sometimes wish our bargain page could be private! I have started many threads myself and seen them go right to slickdeals. It's not that I'm greedy, exactly, I'd just prefer to keep them among ourselves where everyone is polite and nice and isn't going to buy them all up to sell on ebay.
:yeahthat: Some of the people on SD appall me with their rudeness and shadiness.

elbenn
11-08-2011, 06:32 PM
:yeahthat: Some of the people on SD appall me with their rudeness and shadiness.

I do like to check out the bargains on SD but I really dislike how rude many of the posters are. This board is much nicer and more helpful!

MSWR0319
11-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Have any popped up since about 2:30? I gave up for awhile and was contemplating if it was even worth it to stalk again.

chozen
11-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Have any popped up since about 2:30? I gave up for awhile and was contemplating if it was even worth it to stalk again.

i have not noticed ant new ones, but i have only been checking off and on.

elbenn
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
I just saw one pop up but it's already gone.

Snow mom
11-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Yes ;) I know there was rushmore around 4 and red just a moment ago. They seem to still be coming up.

Momit
11-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Car-seat.org is the one I was talking about with an 18+ page thread (probably longer now, haven't looked since early afternoon. And I agree - there is no other board like this one! I bought a Frontier 85 on impulse on Saturday, but now I want one for our other car so I'm still stalking...

Staraglimmer
11-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I keep seeing them, but my phone isn't fast enough to put them in my cart before they are gone. Another few in Rushmore popped up.

-Stephanie

mctlaw
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Since it looks like this thread is still active, can someone weigh in on whether this is a great enough deal that I should jump on it even though my DC is not until May/June 2012? I would be purchasing the Roundabout, so it would be the DC's second carseat, presumably not put into use until probably around 12/12, at the earliest. I already have a Frontier 85 to use (DS currently usig) after that which still has plenty of years of life on it!

TIA!!

legaleagle
11-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Since it looks like this thread is still active, can someone weigh in on whether this is a great enough deal that I should jump on it even though my DC is not until May/June 2012? I would be purchasing the Roundabout, so it would be the DC's second carseat, presumably not put into use until probably around 12/12, at the earliest. I already have a Frontier 85 to use (DS currently usig) after that which still has plenty of years of life on it!

TIA!!

Do you already have a convertible seat that won't expire until your DC2 can forward face or turn 2 (since the frontier isn't rated for under 2 year olds)? If you don't have a convertible, and you don't have super super tall kids and plan to rf past 2.5 (which even my 99%+ DS should reach), I think this is still a really good deal even if you're losing a year of life on it. $102/6 years is only $17/year.

elbenn
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I have decided I would like another one if they become available. Please post if you see any more!

todzwife
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
I desperately need a good deal on a Frontier for my nephew. He's riding in an expired marathon right now and my brother can't afford another seat for his big boy.

azazela
11-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Edited the title and the OP to include Roundabout since those are still actually available.

Snow mom
11-09-2011, 11:43 AM

TIA!!

No, I don't think it's a smoking deal on the RA (certainly not enough to waste two years of the life of a 6 year expiry seat.) I bought a RA50 (this was before the RA55 so not a phase out seat) at Target for $49. That's the type of deal that's worth jumping on. Not only is the price not smoking which is why they are staying in stock, but seats might change between now and when you actually need it.

mctlaw
11-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Do you already have a convertible seat that won't expire until your DC2 can forward face or turn 2 (since the frontier isn't rated for under 2 year olds)? If you don't have a convertible, and you don't have super super tall kids and plan to rf past 2.5 (which even my 99%+ DS should reach), I think this is still a really good deal even if you're losing a year of life on it. $102/6 years is only $17/year.

No, DS's old convertible was tossed a while back as it expired, and since yes, the Frontier can't be the second seat, I would be getting the Roundabout as the in between seat.

legaleagle
11-09-2011, 11:50 AM
(certainly not enough to waste two years of the life of a 6 year expiry seat.)

Right, but she'd be losing ~1 year on a 7 year seat (most people have been report 9/11 DOM). The next gen britaxes have a 7 year expiration, I don't know if the "classic marathon/roundabout" that Target sells is still 6 years.

Adding: This is not to say that you can't find deals on other very nice convertibles for the same price or less - I know you can find the graco myride for this price or a bit more fairly frequently. But if you want a new gen britax (and I love mine and dislike my old blvd - I also have a truefit, coccoro and radians, so no stranger to car seats), this is a really good deal, IMO. FWIW, babycheapskate lists the buy price on this at $160.

Snow mom
11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Right, but she'd be losing ~1 year on a 7 year seat (most people have been report 9/11 DOM). The next gen britaxes have a 7 year expiration, I don't know if the "classic marathon/roundabout" that Target sells is still 6 years.

Ah, I didn't realize the newer models are 7 year expiry. Then I agree that if you tend to move your LOs out of the bucket quickly someone with a spring baby is missing one year from a 7 year seat. Since the LO will likely outgrow the seat before it expires I'll revise my position and say this "might" be worth jumping on if you are okay with the cover choice (now just onyx although some stalking might bring other choices.)

Momit
11-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I bought one Frontier 85 already and am hoping to score a second. Has anyone seen them pop up recently or are they all gone? The one I ordered came today and it is definitely brand new.

ETA: Just checked the DOM - it's 09/2011. Yeah!

Minnifer
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I bought one Frontier 85 already and am hoping to score a second. Has anyone seen them pop up recently or are they all gone? The one I ordered came today and it is definitely brand new.

I've periodically been looking but haven't seen any pop up today... in fact, doesn't seem to be anything much new on Clearance generally, unfortunately (but good for my wallet!).

Great that the one you got is brand new! :) Mine should be coming tomorrow.

mctlaw
11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Snow Mom and Legaleagle, I decided to wait. Since the deal is good but not awesome, I figure another one will probably come across in hte next year. Thanks again for your input!

Snow mom
11-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks, Snow Mom and Legaleagle, I decided to wait. Since the deal is good but not awesome, I figure another one will probably come across in hte next year. Thanks again for your input!

They seem to be more or less gone now, but on car-seat.org people are reporting DOM on the RA55 from early 2011 (as early as Jan 2011). It seems the frontiers are all summer or later but the RA55 aren't quite as recent.

AnnieW625
11-09-2011, 08:22 PM
They seem to be more or less gone now, but on car-seat.org people are reporting DOM on the RA55 from early 2011 (as early as Jan 2011). It seems the frontiers are all summer or later but the RA55 aren't quite as recent.

I really wish Wayfair would've put a limit on the number of seats one could buy. Someone on car-seat.org bought 6 seats, (and I only read the last 7 pages of the 27 page post) and for some reason that just makes me ill, and sad at the same time. People bought these just to sell. And to think that there are famines who couldn't afford these seats new that could've afforded a $115 Frontier.

My RA55 should be at my house so I will report back with my DOM.

Momit
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I really wish Wayfair would've put a limit on the number of seats one could buy. Someone on car-seat.org bought 6 seats, (and I only read the last 7 pages of the 27 page post) and for some reason that just makes me ill, and sad at the same time. People bought these just to sell. And to think that there are famines who couldn't afford these seats new that could've afforded a $115 Frontier.

I agree. A lot of the posts there kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I swear someone bought 10 seats!

chozen
11-09-2011, 09:15 PM
have any new frontier's come up lately? i have not noticed any.

GonnaBJulymom
11-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I finally got one! so happy :yay: after stalking the whole day (nursing and on-line shopping :D) the Maui blue Frontier JUST came up and I got so excited I was shaking! I feel like I've won a prize, thanks OP!! this came at the right time for DS1!

Hope more come up for those still waiting, I can finally close the page in peace!

chozen
11-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I finally got one! so happy :yay: after stalking the whole day (nursing and on-line shopping :D) the Maui blue Frontier JUST came up and I got so excited I was shaking! I feel like I've won a prize, thanks OP!! this came at the right time for DS1!

Hope more come up for those still waiting, I can finally close the page in peace!

it's awesome isn't it!

Minnifer
11-09-2011, 11:34 PM

That's great!!! And that took a LOT of perserverance today, b/c I sporadically stalked (out of curiosity) and nothing was ever popping up.

lele
11-09-2011, 11:41 PM
My red frontier got here tonight! It seemed like the box had never been opened. DOM September 2011. It's pretty. :loveeyes:

boltfam
11-10-2011, 12:05 AM

:bighand:Yay! I'm still stalking ...

OKKiddo
11-10-2011, 12:37 AM

DS2's Frontier 85 in Red Rock (red canyon?) came today! Brand spanking new in a still 100% sealed box with sealed bag, etc. Manufacture Date was September 19, 2011. :)

Technically Brennan can stay rear facing because his BLVD goes to 35 lbs. But it's beginning to get really cold here an we're wearing thicker clothing (no coats in the car though!) and heavier shoes and Brennan is teetering at 34 lbs right now (3 years 5.5 months). Advice/opinions anyone?

AnnieW625
11-10-2011, 03:24 AM
My Roundabout 55 arrived and has a man. date of Aug. 18, 2011. :) Def. worth the price.

legaleagle
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Technically Brennan can stay rear facing because his BLVD goes to 35 lbs. But it's beginning to get really cold here an we're wearing thicker clothing (no coats in the car though!) and heavier shoes and Brennan is teetering at 34 lbs right now (3 years 5.5 months). Advice/opinions anyone?

Personally, I'd turn him at 3.5 and 34lbs, just so you don't have to worry about remembering to weigh him frequently, esp with winter clothes/boots/etc to consider.

Momit
11-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Personally, I'd turn him at 3.5 and 34lbs, just so you don't have to worry about remembering to weigh him frequently, esp with winter clothes/boots/etc to consider.

Yes, I think so too. We just did the same thing with DS once he hit 34 lbs. - clothes and shoes add at least a pound.

Momit
11-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Great! There's still hope. I stalked yesterday and never saw anything pop up - you must have quick reflexes!

I am so happy with the one FR85 I got that I want another one!

elbenn
11-10-2011, 09:52 AM

I was stalking and saw this pop up and was so excited but when I tried to add it to the cart it was unavailable. You must have been a little faster than me! Anyway, seeing it made me refresh my screen for like 2 hours after hoping for another one but nothing came up. I was so ready to get off of my computer last night!

Momit
11-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I just saw a Parkway for 5 seconds then it was gone. Glad to see that things are still popping up today. The stalking continues...

elbenn
11-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I just saw a Parkway for 5 seconds then it was gone. Glad to see that things are still popping up today. The stalking continues...

I saw this too but it wasn't a good deal. It was only marked down $20 from the retail price, so it wouldn't surprise me if it comes available again.

legaleagle
11-10-2011, 11:22 AM
My red rock is out for delivery! Woo-hoo! Perfect timing too since we have a friend staying with us this weekend with her toddler so now we can all go places together if we want.

Dream
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I only see the Onyx at $196.xx and a RA55 at $101.xx

mom2akm
11-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I am so late to this. The site is showing $196 for the Frontier, is that a good price? Or do I have to go into the mission of stalking all day too?

elbenn
11-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I am so late to this. The site is showing $196 for the Frontier, is that a good price? Or do I have to go into the mission of stalking all day too?

The good price is $115 for the Frontier. You will need to stalk, although the deals are now few and far between. One popped up last night, but I'm not sure any others have become available since then.

mom2akm
11-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Thank you, elbenn. It's funny how I suddenly 'remember' that I need one of these too.

mom2akm
11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm still trying. Any hints from anyone? Still any chance? I've never used WayFair before.

poohbear
11-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the deal is pretty much dead at this point. :(
They had a quantity of seats to sell and they were posted on Sunday (at least that's when I put one in my cart and then took it out because I realized I didn't need it). So, at this point, you'd be hard pressed to find one. It's possible one may pop up, but I personally wouldn't hold my breath (or waste time checking the site constantly), because at this point, it would probably be a returned seat that would pop up...

HTH