PDA

View Full Version : GONE - KidKraft Pink Play Kitchen - $35 + shipping

azazela
11-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Kidkraft Retro Play Kitchen (http://www.wayfair.com/KidKraft-Retro-Kitchen-in-Pink-53160-KK1482.html?clearance=true) in pink for $35 + shipping ($9 to NJ). This a returned item and is final sale.

ETA: a bunch (http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clrcatid=218&btype=2&maid=379) of KidKraft kitchen appliances and play sets too.

elbenn
11-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow. I don't need it, but what a great deal! Hopefully someone on the BBB who is looking for a kitchen will get this.

Melaine
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow!!! that's a steal!

azazela
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I know, I really hope someone who needs one sees this before they are gone. :love-retry:

NewMom04
11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Is this too low for a 5 1/2 year old?

azazela
11-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Is this too low for a 5 1/2 year old?

I have a different KidKraft kitchen and my almost 5 year old uses it just fine even though it's a bit on the low side.

Seitvonzu
11-05-2011, 10:48 AM
holy moly! we totally don't need this...and i think my niece has this very one...but-- holy moly! is that site for real? i'll be watching this just to see if anyone gets one :):)

Melaine
11-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Ok this site has some SCREAMING deals. But after being on hold for 10 minutes or so with CS, I'm a little hesitant to make a purchase.

I found on the sales page that they have a few Tripp Trapps (returned) for $114.75 and baby sets for $30!!! But once you click on the page, you only have the option of adding it along with other stuff for a total of $340 (that's right, you can't adjust quantity, so you have to add a bunch of other TT related stuff). Then, once in the cart, you can delete the unwanted stuff and are left with the TT, but it isn't $114.75, it's $132. So I called them. First, the person was extremely friendly and very coherent, so points there. But he put me on hold for awhile and finally came back to say they weren't sure where the $114.75 number came from (although he could see it). He said they must have arrived at the number by average discount? (Made no sense to me). So I asked if I could buy it for $114.75 and he said no.

So now I'm torn because their system is so weird, plus there are no returns and these items have been returned. What if it arrives in crappy shape? I know $132 is still an insane deal (for those of us who cannot ever find them used). But now after thinking it was less I am torn. Plus it's not the color of our other chairs (but do I care?) And the baby set wouldn't match (but do I care?). Anyway, OP you found some awesome deals, there is lots of other good stuff too.

azazela
11-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok this site has some SCREAMING deals. But after being on hold for 10 minutes or so with CS, I'm a little hesitant to make a purchase.

I found on the sales page that they have a few Tripp Trapps (returned) for $114.75 and baby sets for $30!!! But once you click on the page, you only have the option of adding it along with other stuff for a total of $340 (that's right, you can't adjust quantity, so you have to add a bunch of other TT related stuff). Then, once in the cart, you can delete the unwanted stuff and are left with the TT, but it isn't $114.75, it's $132. So I called them. First, the person was extremely friendly and very coherent, so points there. But he put me on hold for awhile and finally came back to say they weren't sure where the $114.75 number came from (although he could see it). He said they must have arrived at the number by average discount? (Made no sense to me). So I asked if I could buy it for $114.75 and he said no.

So now I'm torn because their system is so weird, plus there are no returns and these items have been returned. What if it arrives in crappy shape? I know $132 is still an insane deal (for those of us who cannot ever find them used). But now after thinking it was less I am torn. Plus it's not the color of our other chairs (but do I care?) And the baby set wouldn't match (but do I care?). Anyway, OP you found some awesome deals, there is lots of other good stuff too.

Yeah, that sounds confusing. I can't speak for the site itself at all. I really hope this works for whoever needs it.

Melaine
11-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I caved on the TT! Hoping it comes in generally good shape. Black Tripp Trapp with grey babyset for $162 shipped, this might deserve it's own thread. Thanks Anna.

lazyhare
11-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I know, I really hope someone who needs one sees this before they are gone. :love-retry:

Thank you very much!! Bought one for my daughter!This is what I was looking for!

azazela
11-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I caved on the TT! Hoping it comes in generally good shape. Black Tripp Trapp with grey babyset for $162 shipped, this might deserve it's own thread. Thanks Anna.

You're welcome!

lauti
11-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Wayfair used to be CSN Stores, they just changed their name.

So, it's a legit site.

savvymom
11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
We have this set and LOVE it! Great steal for anyone who grabs it at this price!~

dukie41181
11-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Just tried to grab one and their all gone! Totally not surprised but bummed I missed out!

mum-to-be
11-06-2011, 01:25 AM

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have always loved your posts, Melaine! I have wanted to get a black tripp trapp for DD for a long time now and just decided again tonight that next time I see one for $199 I will buy it. This was perfect! I just hope it is in great condition.

Thank you to OP too - this is a great site! I can tell I am going to spend a lot of time on it.

Also, don't forget about cash back! I used fatwallet for 3% back! And I signed up for Wayfair rewards for 3% Wayfair dollars.

I'm so happy right now I could do a little dance. Bye bye ugly green fisher price rainforest high chair! I am so sick of looking at you!

NewMom04
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I have a different KidKraft kitchen and my almost 5 year old uses it just fine even though it's a bit on the low side.

I didn't get to thank you. By the time I went to order one after a bit of browsing and seeing your answer it showed all sold out. But for whatever reason, when I went back to the OP's link, I was able to see it still and ordered one. I'm really hoping it'll arrive in relatively good condition.

Thanks to OP as well!!

azazela
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I didn't get to thank you. By the time I went to order one after a bit of browsing and seeing your answer it showed all sold out. But for whatever reason, when I went back to the OP's link, I was able to see it still and ordered one. I'm really hoping it'll arrive in relatively good condition.

Thanks to OP as well!!

Still me either way. :rotflmao: You're welcome on both counts!

NewMom04
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Still me either way. :rotflmao: You're welcome on both counts!

Oops :o

Melaine
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have always loved your posts, Melaine! I have wanted to get a black tripp trapp for DD for a long time now and just decided again tonight that next time I see one for $199 I will buy it. This was perfect! I just hope it is in great condition.

Thank you to OP too - this is a great site! I can tell I am going to spend a lot of time on it.

Also, don't forget about cash back! I used fatwallet for 3% back! And I signed up for Wayfair rewards for 3% Wayfair dollars.

I'm so happy right now I could do a little dance. Bye bye ugly green fisher price rainforest high chair! I am so sick of looking at you!

You're welcome! Hopefully everything arrives in good condition!

Snow mom
11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Seems to be back in stock.

HURRY!

dukie41181
11-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Is it excessive to have one for each daughter? :)

YouAreTheFocus
11-07-2011, 03:07 PM
AAACK! I have the $35 one in my cart--should I get it for my 2 yo son???

Thatchermom
11-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Nope, you should definitely put it back, so it will stop saying out of stock for me :) Great find!

dukie41181
11-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Nope, you should definitely put it back, so it will stop saying out of stock for me :) Great find!

:rofl:!!!!!!

YouAreTheFocus
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
LOL, you guys! Sorry, I bought it!

Couldn't get a hold of DH for his opinion, so I pulled the trigger. I just talked to him, he couldn't care less about the color (actually, he felt the color is appropriate for the retro style!).

Minnifer
11-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I just got one too, I think - happened to pop up while I was stalking the sale page. Boy I hope their inventory system really works - fingers crossed it goes through!!!! Of course, we totally don't really need this though but I got suckered by the price - I mean, DD will love it of course, but we have a little Step 2 kitchen that she's pretty happy with...

Snow mom
11-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I just got one too, I think - happened to pop up while I was stalking the sale page. Boy I hope their inventory system really works - fingers crossed it goes through!!!! Of course, we totally don't really need this though but I got suckered by the price - I mean, DD will love it of course, but we have a little Step 2 kitchen that she's pretty happy with...

I do think their inventory system actually works (which shouldn't be so shocking, but compared to most deals it kind of is). They hold the item in your cart for 30 minutes so if it shows in stock, you add to cart it will then not show for anyone else until the 30 minutes are up and it's released from your cart. All systems should work like this! I did get ship confirmation for the 8 items I ordered this weekend.

Minnifer
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I do think their inventory system actually works (which shouldn't be so shocking, but compared to most deals it kind of is). They hold the item in your cart for 30 minutes so if it shows in stock, you add to cart it will then not show for anyone else until the 30 minutes are up and it's released from your cart. All systems should work like this! I did get ship confirmation for the 8 items I ordered this weekend.

Yep, just got a shipping notice - that was fast! Can't quite believe I got this - of course, after I placed the order I was fretting that the retro kitchen may have been a better choice for us b/c of the top shelf area, but that's "only" 50% off, not 80%... still, I have this bad tendency to buy the thing that's not quite what I wanted just b/c it's cheap(er)... in any case, thanks OP for posting this!

act000
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
THANK YOU ALL!! I've wanted a Kidcraft kitchen for a year, and for $45 shipped this is a smoking deal. Hubs will say we have no room, but for this price I will find a spot. I read through the first two pages of comments then clicked the link - OOS. I read the third page and saw the comments about popping in and out of stock so I clicked again - voila! Back in stock. Keep trying:29:

YouAreTheFocus
11-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Just checked FedEx, mine was delivered at noon, w/ the note: "Left at front door. Signature Service not requested."

I hope it doesn't grow legs and walk away in the 6 hrs it will be sitting there!

Snow mom
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I didn't order the kitchen but I did order some kidcraft toys and my first box 'o stuff (well, three boxes 'o stuff) were delivered today. I'd say 2/3 kidkraft toys had most definitely never been out of the warehouse. The third one had a piece of packaging tape on top but was obviously never unpacked.

NewMom04
11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
I called Kidkraft for a replacement of the back piece of the sink that was ripped off in the corner. They were so professional. I just called the number in the booklet and gave them the part #/letter. It arrived yesterday thru FedEx wrapped up nicely.

Thanks OP!