PDA

View Full Version : Easy marinades/spices for chicken breasts or fish?

JoyNChrist
11-05-2011, 05:22 PM
DH is working out of town during the week and only coming home on weekends. Its probably going to be like that through the rest of this year. I'm not happy about this but that's a whole 'nother story.

Anyway, the kids eat early, and then by the time I'm done with baths, bedtimes, cleanup, it's late and I haven't eaten and I tend to resort to cereal or microwavable crap or whatever. I'd like to eat a little better, so I'm going to try to cook for myself, even if it's as simple as steaming some veggies and throwing a chicken breast or fish on the George Foreman grill.

Any suggestions for easy marinades or spice combos?

DietCokeLover
11-05-2011, 05:35 PM
You can used bottled Italian salad dressing for a marinade. Also, sometimes I buy Dale's (it's in a bottle where tge BBQ sauces are) and pour some in a ziploc with some water to cut the strength.
And of course there is good ol' teriyaki sauce for a marinade. That's probably my favorite.

KLD313
11-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Goya Mojo Criollo is really good if you like a Mexican kind of lime-y flavor. It's great on skirt steak too.

infomama
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I took some McCormicks Grill Mates Mojito Lime spice blend and mixed it into greek yogurt. Took chicken tenders and coated them in the yogurt/spice mix and them laid them in some italian breadcrumbs. Cooked them in a little oil in my cast iron skillet and they were SOOOOOOO good. Tenders cost less than chicken breasts at Costco....go figure. We slices the leftover tenders thin and made paninis...SO good!!

tylersmama
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I really like the Grill Mates Mesquite marinade. Easy and yummy!

Jen841
11-08-2011, 11:33 PM
First of all, my 'healthy' dinner when DH travels is Costco Turkey Burgers on a bun with a slice of cheese and a veggie. 9 months of it when I was preggo with #1!

An easy toss in the oven while you ready bedtime books dinner is a chicken breast cooked in apple butter, then top with a strong cheese (I prefer sharp cheedar or Blue.)

There are a lot of spice rubs now, and they are all good. If you don't have time on your side throw it in lemon or lime juice.

BBQ sauce is on our table nightly, so anything iwth a good sauce is acceptable.

Remember, you can top grilled chicken with 'fun' stuff to mix it up. Salsa on a cooked chicken breast with avocado slices... yummy!