PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know.... Im all over the place.

love-pink
11-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Ok I went down to USA Baby and BBB :jammin: Never been and it was heaven!! :love5::love5::love5:

This is the new plan.. for tonight anyways :rotflmao:

Buy a Cybex 2010 Topaz or 2011 Onyx now, then this spring buy a 2012 BJCM.

That way I will have an umbrella style for shopping at the mall this winter and a full size for the zoo and walks this summer. I guess I hadnt seen the new changes they are making on the BJCM for 2012 because they seem to solve most of my issues I have with it. Hopefully before I get that this spring we will have a 2nd car with an actual trunk so no more banging around the cargo area of dh's suv.

Sooooo, on to the point of this thread :boogie:

2010 Topaz or 2011 Onyx?? I like the Topaz for the bigger wheels and bumper bar ( I loved that thing when we had the 2009 version). I like the Onyx better for the black frame, newest version and the foam handles.
Best prices for each??

I seen the G-luxe at BBB and its just too tippy for dd and I. Shes constantly getting in and out and I often hang my purse on the back. So for now Ive taken it off my list.

BTW I seen the Bee and Vista for the first time and I was in LOVE!:heartbeat: Way out of my price range though.

Kaylee31
11-05-2011, 10:23 PM
The Cybexes & BJCM seem a little redundant since neither are true lightweights, JMO though. This is coming from someone w/wayy too many strollers, so what do I know? :p
I personally thought the bumper bar on my 09 Topaz was chintzy, not sure if the '10 is better. Unless you can get one for an awesome deal, I'd go with the '11 Onyx for the black frame & improved canopy. You can always attach a snack pod on the side, that's what I do on the g-luxe for DS' cups. (BTW I don't find the G-luxe tippy when empty even when I hang my Versa bag on the back, b/c I use a snack pod on one side & a saddebag on the other).

crl
11-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Are you going to keep the Topaz/Onyx when you get the BJCM? If so, I'd get the onyx. Actually, I'd probably just get the Onyx anyway. It has always seemed like the sweet spot in the Cybex line-up in terms of features and weight.

Catherine

ETA. I do think the Cybexes and the BJCM are awfully similar. . . .

love-pink
11-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I wanted to get the Glite if I purchased one of the Uppababy strollers. The Gluxe was the only one that the BBB had in stock. It just seemed wobbly and tippy so I figured the Glite would be even worse.

Yes I would keep the Cybex even after I bought the BJCM. The CM has a bigger basket, works on our dirt roads very nicely and I can hang a brick off the back and not have it tip lol. They also have that cool cooler thingy that attaches by the basket and I thought that would be great for hot day trips to the zoo and park :applause:

The Onyx I could keep in the trunk all the time and use it for mall and shopping trips. :boogie: My 09 Topaz did awesome with store bags hanging on the handles. When I use the CM at the mall I end up pilling everything on the canopy because I cant get the bags in the basket.

legaleagle
11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Another vote for the onyx, I also thought the 2009 cybex bumper bar kind of sucks.

Are you planning on the regular BJCM, or the new GT version - I think that would be the perfect compliment to an umbrella.

mom3boys
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
I would get the Onyx, especially if you are getting BJCM later. It is lighter, has a carry strap, has a better canopy than the 2010 Topaz, and the foam handlebars are better than the plastic. I have a 2010 Onyx and I bought 2010 over 2011 because I was able to get a great deal ($100 cheaper than the 2011 which I could only find for full price) and find it in the black colors (I was meh on the white handles/wheels), but I do wish I had the extendable canopy and foam handlebars, I am not a fan of the plastic handlebars. I also chose it over 2010 Topaz.

I have a zillion strollers and the Onyx is my travel stroller. I picked it over the Topaz specifically because it was lighter and had the carry strap (but still full-featured and suitable for an infant). I think a Topaz, being heavier, would be more redundant to BJCM.

love-pink
11-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know what the weight different is between the 2010 Topaz and the 2011 Onyx? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks so much for your opinions!! :love2:

spannaz
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
According to Rated by Mom:

Topaz= 16.5 lbs (http://www.ratedbymom.com/2010/10/spotlight-product-review-cybex-topaz-stroller/)

Onyx= 17 lbs (http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/03/spotlight-product-review-cybex-onyx-2011/)

love-pink
11-06-2011, 03:48 PM
According to Rated by Mom:

Topaz= 16.5 lbs (http://www.ratedbymom.com/2010/10/spotlight-product-review-cybex-topaz-stroller/)

Onyx= 17 lbs (http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/03/spotlight-product-review-cybex-onyx-2011/)

Hmm... so no difference really.