PDA

View Full Version : Stroller help

jjjo1112
11-05-2011, 10:36 PM
So, I'm already planning out which stroller for baby number 4 who will be arriving late april/early may.
I only like to have one stroller at a time. I've had a lot of different strollers with the last 3 children, so I know what I like and what I don't. Most everywhere we go, we drive, so the stroller is for in/out of the car. We use it for the mall, the zoo, the farm, the doctor's office and everywhere in between :)

I've been going back and forth between:
G2 orbit with bassinet until the baby grows out of the carseat and then swapping for a bugaboo bee +. We had an orbit with my last child for the first 8 months of life and really liked it. It was convenient and easy to fold, handled well, and was easy to install. Downside is carseat is heavy and it is expensive to only use for 8 months or so, although I know I could sell it and get back a decent amount of the cost.

Just getting a bugaboo bee + with carseat adapters. I haven't had a bee + before, just a regular bee and it was okay. I liked the fold, the push, hated the wings-but I know those have been removed. I guess the biggest thing for me is missing the bassinet.

Bugaboo Cameleon- over the years I have bought and sold quite a few of these. I love the bassinet for when they are little and love the push of the stroller, but eventually I end up getting fed up with the fold and selling it.

So what do you think, other suggestions are fine too:
Some strollers I have owned or have scratched off the list- stokke xplory, quinny buzz, baby jogger city mini, maclaren or any umbrella type stroller, phil and ted's, valco runabout, uppa vista, britax bready.

Ideally I'm looking for easy fold, bassinet option, reversible seat(not a dealbreaker if there is a bassinet) and awesome push, not too wide (need to fit in the doctors office), and somewhat stylish :)
Thanks!!

Kaylee31
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Just an FYI, the Bee+ will unofficially take a bassinet (Micralite Toro carrycot using the Maxi-Cosi adapters). There are some pics here: http://strollersandprams.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38947&hilit=bee+toro
and here: http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a13781385/bugaboo_bee_micralite_toro_carrycot
The only thing I don't like about the Bee is that the seat is low to the ground. I also have the Vista & bassinet, which I really like so far. But it is kind of big, I'm guessing that's why you crossed it off your list?

legaleagle
11-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Quasi-umbrella stroller but look at the Cybex Callisto. Gorgeous and unique. Someone just posted a pic of the purple stroller with bassinet and aton car seat, though it also has a universal car seat adaptor.

Or maybe the uppa cruz with the snugseat and/or car seat adaptor?

swissair81
11-06-2011, 10:23 AM
I say Bee+ and Toro bassinet. I love the Cam, but it could never be my one and only.

jjjo1112
11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks!!
I crossed the Uppa Vista off because it feels too big for me.
I loved the look of the Cybex-I saw the pictures of the purple set and it was so beautiful. The only reason I wasn't considering it, I thought it wouldn't be able to handle things like the zoo, fair and farm. Am I wrong in my assumptions? I have never actually pushed one IRL.
I didn't realize that the bee+ could fit some of the other bassinets, although like a PP said, it does seem a little low to the ground. Does it feel low to the ground with the bassinet?
Anything else I should be looking at?

mom3boys
11-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Bee+ with car seat adapter is a good option--I have a Bee- and it is super easy to use/fold with the adapter (I assume Bee+ would be the same as far as that's concerned.

I also have a Teutonia (T-260) and love it. Better canopy than a Cam. Fairly narrow (I would say footprint is about the same as a Cam), great push, reversible, has nice bassinet. The fold is very easy and you can fold it with the seat on BUT the fold is VERY bulky that way--I'm not even sure you are supposed to fold it with the seat--I mean, it doesn't hurt the stroller but it is basically the frame folded with the seat sticking up/out. So it might not work for you for the same reason the Cam doesn't work (The fold). But I am getting rid of my Vista and keeping this because I found the Vista too big, as well.

If you are OK with non-reversible you might look into a Valco Quad. Much smaller than the Tri-mode (I have had both), good quality, good push--air tires in the back--decent storage, suitable for newborn, sturdy, and the "Cherry" is a gorgeous Burgundy color that looks better in person than on-line. You can get the "hush" bassinet for it and I think (but am not sure) you can also get a completely independent bassinet. And you can get a car seat adapter. I used it at an amusement park, worked great, narrow enough for the doctor's office or stores. The only issue again with the fold, I'm not sure you can fold it with carseat adapter like you could with a Bee. Check out Strollerqueen's review.

Oh, and Ingelsina Avio--I've never had one but it is small, supposed to push great, and has an optional bassinet.

legaleagle
11-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Oh, yes, the avio looks great, as does the valco quad, and the valco spark that's coming out next spring - not sure when your baby is due but it has one of those seats that converts to a bassinet, reversible seat, and rear air tires.

http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/09/valco-baby-is-going-to-have-a-big-year-in-2012/

The callisto has large solid rubber wheels and very good suspension. I think it would handle rougher terrain about as well as the bee/avio, but nothing like air tires, obviously.

swissair81
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe get a Swift and carrycot? I love that stroller.

tribe pride
11-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh, yes, the avio looks great, as does the valco quad, and the valco spark that's coming out next spring - not sure when your baby is due but it has one of those seats that converts to a bassinet, reversible seat, and rear air tires.

http://www.ratedbymom.com/2011/09/valco-baby-is-going-to-have-a-big-year-in-2012/

I love my Quad! It fits almost all of your requirements (no reversible seat, but there is a separate bassinet option), and it's a great bargain right now since it's being discontinued (I think) for some of the newer valcos coming out next year. I got mine for $199 during the Shnoop sale a couple of months ago, and it's currently $369 on amazon. If you don't mind not having the reversible seat, I would seriously consider it!

I think that "unnamed" stroller (i.e. the one that was almost the "wave") mentioned in legaleagle's link) may be valco's updated Quad. They have very similar features, but the new one will also be reversible. I agree, I also think the spark looks great- maybe similar to the Cam or Vista? It's hard to tell how big it will be, though. Hopefully not too heavy/bulky to use as an everyday car stroller.

ETA: Okay, I take it back. I think that the Zee, not the wave, looks more like the Quad. Not sure what the differences will be between the two. I still like the unnamed one, though, since it's reversible! The front wheels look a lot smaller, though.