PDA

View Full Version : $1 Operation Toy Story3

Motley16
11-06-2011, 09:14 AM
At Toys R Us. Free shipping with Shoprunner or free pickup in store. Hth!

iaam
11-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Here is the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3908759

I ordered three for store pick-up after I saw this on SD - hopefully they won't run out!

jenfromnj
11-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks for sharing! I ordered and am hoping my order is fulfilled--I have already had 2 orders canceled by TRU in the past week, so I don't have a great deal of faith in them at the moment.

kristac
11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
It says not eligible for store pickup ?

kslb
11-06-2011, 10:18 AM
What a great deal! Thanks so much, I sure hope it ships out!

azazela
11-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I got one to donate with ShopRunner free shipping. I hope it goes through. :love-retry:

KrisM
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Just saw this in the ad and was going to post!

kissmekate
11-06-2011, 12:26 PM
I went to Walmart this morning to see if they would price match (TRU is a little far for me to drive). They were completely sold out. I went to Target and they did the price match for me. Usually it's a big hassle there. They usually make you buy it at full price and then go to cs and have them refund the difference. I took it straight to cs and they just rang them up at the $1 price. Woohoo!

Chag78
11-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I went to Walmart this morning to see if they would price match (TRU is a little far for me to drive). They were completely sold out. I went to Target and they did the price match for me. Usually it's a big hassle there. They usually make you buy it at full price and then go to cs and have them refund the difference. I took it straight to cs and they just rang them up at the $1 price. Woohoo!

Did you just show them the online ad?

hellokitty
11-06-2011, 02:48 PM
There is a limit of 4 per customer. I was there waiting for the my TRU to open. I got 4. One of my kids (who have been bugging me for yrs to get an operation game, this will be perfect since we are doing WDW next month), one to donate to our toys for tots local program and two for our gift closet.

kissmekate
11-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Did you just show them the online ad?
Yes, I just showed them the ad.

lovebargains
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I ordered 5 online and picked up no problem

icunurse
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I was able to order one online and pick it up at the store. Two sales girls told me that a woman came in with two carts, filled them up with every last one and wouldn't give one to a lady who asked her for "just one". They said that she had to have about 50 and they were "for her grandson". Another woman placed an online order for 60 and gives most to charity. So, between all of us, they were sold out. They couldn't believe that I only took one. I really hope that TRU starts placing limits on this type of stuff. Charity or not, no one needs 10+, much less 50 or 60!

dukie41181
11-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I was able to order one online and pick it up at the store. Two sales girls told me that a woman came in with two carts, filled them up with every last one and wouldn't give one to a lady who asked her for "just one". They said that she had to have about 50 and they were "for her grandson". Another woman placed an online order for 60 and gives most to charity. So, between all of us, they were sold out. They couldn't believe that I only took one. I really hope that TRU starts placing limits on this type of stuff. Charity or not, no one needs 10+, much less 50 or 60!

:yeahthat: It makes it so that many of us can't get them...and heck, I'm sure we'd be buying a few extra to donate at that price too! So they're still going to go to charity whether they walk about with 50 or not. Oh well.

liz
11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Just to clarify, this isn't in the weekly flyer? Online only?

I just wanted to make sure they will price match with an online ad vs. a store flyer.

ckso
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM

That's sad. My guess is that they'll probably sell it in eBay or something. If it was really for charity, why wouldn't you let someone else buy just 1. There really should be a limit.

KrisM
11-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Just to clarify, this isn't in the weekly flyer? Online only?

I just wanted to make sure they will price match with an online ad vs. a store flyer.

It's on the front page of the flyer from the newspaper. Top left of the page.

liz
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
It's on the front page of the flyer from the newspaper. Top left of the page.

Thanks!

ckso
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM

It says it's not available for store pickup. How did you order online for pickup? I wonder if there's even any left.

iaam
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
I ordered 3 for store pickup at 6am. Got a ridiculous cancellation email, saying that they have received my cancellation request! Hate that store.

liz
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I just got back from Target. I was able to get 4 games, 2 for Christmas gifts and the other 2 we will donate. We went to customer service (like PP mentioned). The cashier couldn't believe the price, but she said as long as we had the entire flyer from Toys R Us they would honor it. So we got 60$ worth of games for 4.XX$

Thank you OP!!!

mominma
11-06-2011, 11:45 PM
I went to TRU today and they were well stocked with the operation game. They had a big sign saying there was a limit of 4. It is sad when people take advantage of these great sales!

kijip
11-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I went to Target tonight when I dropped off my dad a couple blocks away after dinner and they had a ton in stock. I got 4 for specific gifts plus 3 other games priced matched, like Guess Who Extra for $10 for my nephew.

jenfromnj
11-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Just got an email canceling my order--boo!:

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your order # XXXXX. As a result, your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS (869-7787) for further assistance.

Here is a review of your cancelled order:

Item: 6925945
Description: Operation Buzz Lightyear
Quantity: 3 @ $1.00

winter75
11-07-2011, 07:20 AM
The two that I ordered were cancelled too.

KrisM
11-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Just got an email canceling my order--boo!:

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com.

Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your order # XXXXX. As a result, your order has been cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Guest Service Team at 1-800-TOYSRUS (869-7787) for further assistance.

Here is a review of your cancelled order:

Item: 6925945
Description: Operation Buzz Lightyear
Quantity: 3 @ $1.00

Well, boo.

No email here yet, but it looks like you ordered before I did, so I probably will too.

jenfromnj
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, boo.

No email here yet, but it looks like you ordered before I did, so I probably will too.

You never know! I posted a deal last week on slickdeals when TRU had a great deal on headphones. I ordered about an hour before I posted on SD. My order of the headphones was canceled, but people who ordered hours after I did (per their SD posts) apparently had their orders shipped. While I'm annoyed about that one, there's definitely hope that your order will still go through!

anonomom
11-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Went to TRU today just to see if they still had any games left. I figured they'd be out of Toy Story for $1, but hoped to get at least the Star Wars Operation. It was clear they'd never had much stock in at all -- only one small slot on the shelves, but of course both games were out of stock.

CS was very rude. Before I even finished the question, she told me they were out of stock, would not get any more in, and did not offer rain checks.

I kind of hate TRU. This is how things always seem to go when I try to shop there.

chozen
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Went to TRU today just to see if they still had any games left. I figured they'd be out of Toy Story for $1, but hoped to get at least the Star Wars Operation. It was clear they'd never had much stock in at all -- only one small slot on the shelves, but of course both games were out of stock.

CS was very rude. Before I even finished the question, she told me they were out of stock, would not get any more in, and did not offer rain checks.

I kind of hate TRU. This is how things always seem to go when I try to shop there.

is the star wars operation game on sale?

ray7694
11-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Walmart will price match any ad so if you find them in stock at Walmart you can get the TRU price by just taking the ad through the line. Easy.

anonomom
11-08-2011, 01:34 PM
is the star wars operation game on sale?

Yes, thought it's $10. I am going to try to price match at Target.

kristac
11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I couldn't find any TS3 Operations at either my Walmart or my Target. My Target CS claims they do not PM TRU- only Walmart. :tongue5:

DrSally
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I couldn't find any TS3 Operations at either my Walmart or my Target. My Target CS claims they do not PM TRU- only Walmart. :tongue5:

That's strange and not true. I PM'd at Target today (Walmart didn't have it). I went right to CS, and the SA said someone else had just done the same thing. I bought 4, one for us, 1 for donation, and 2 for gifts.

KrisM
11-09-2011, 07:51 AM
You never know! I posted a deal last week on slickdeals when TRU had a great deal on headphones. I ordered about an hour before I posted on SD. My order of the headphones was canceled, but people who ordered hours after I did (per their SD posts) apparently had their orders shipped. While I'm annoyed about that one, there's definitely hope that your order will still go through!

I got an email today. I ordered Sunday morning, so it's been 3 days now. The charge is pending on my CC. I thought I was in the clear!

It says:
At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us, and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

They'll keep it open until Dec. 9 and if it doesn't ship by then, it'll be canceled. How odd that they just cancel you and delay me.

azazela
11-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I got an email today. I ordered Sunday morning, so it's been 3 days now. The charge is pending on my CC. I thought I was in the clear!

It says:
At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us, and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

They'll keep it open until Dec. 9 and if it doesn't ship by then, it'll be canceled. How odd that they just cancel you and delay me.

I got the same email this morning. Boo!

lovebargains
11-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Has anyone played with it yet? Is it worth the dollar?? ;-)

jenfromnj
11-09-2011, 08:33 AM

It says:

Argh. Did you use shoprunner shipping by any chance? I did, and I am starting to suspect that they are canceling the shoprunner orders in cases of having taken too many orders, since they're not making an extra premium on the shipping in those cases.

ourbabygirl
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Yep, same here. Used ShopRunner, too, and got that e-mail this morning. Double boo!

azazela
11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Argh. Did you use shoprunner shipping by any chance? I did, and I am starting to suspect that they are canceling the shoprunner orders in cases of having taken too many orders, since they're not making an extra premium on the shipping in those cases.

Good point. I used ShopRunner as well.

jenfromnj
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Good point. I used ShopRunner as well.

They did this to at least 1 other order I placed recently, if not 2. I emailed ShopRunner, but I doubt anything will come of it.

KrisM
11-09-2011, 04:07 PM

I did use Shop Runner, too.

veronica
11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I ordered on Monday, used shoprunner and have not received any emails. I just check the status and it still shows "item located in stock"......

Chag78
11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
I used Shoprunner and I got a message today saying my item is delayed.

ckso
11-10-2011, 12:46 AM
I got target to PM for a $1. At first they say they can't because of the big difference in price (it's ringing up as $17) but I said thats not according to their pm policy. They finally gave it to me but said they have to keep the ad. I think they're gonna try to do the same. They were really shocked that tru were selling it so cheap.

glbb35
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
I had shop runner too. fyi. Guess I will be canceling that soon.

I ran into Target today to get pantyhose (yuck!) for a wedding tomorrow night and they had removed the Operation games all together. I asked a store clerk if they were out of them and he said no that they were told to remove them and the sticker label until next week! So there was just this empty, blank area on the shelf. I guess they got tired of price matching. I asked if he would be willing to get me a game since he said the have them and he said no it would get him in trouble. Target can be such a pain in the ass and this is just plain in poor taste. So much for PM!
B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and new baby 7/11

lele
11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I ordered on Monday, used shoprunner and have not received any emails. I just check the status and it still shows "item located in stock"......

same thing here, but I ordered on Sunday.

liz
11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I ran into Target today to get pantyhose (yuck!) for a wedding tomorrow night and they had removed the Operation games all together. I asked a store clerk if they were out of them and he said no that they were told to remove them and the sticker label until next week! So there was just this empty, blank area on the shelf. I guess they got tired of price matching. I asked if he would be willing to get me a game since he said the have them and he said no it would get him in trouble. Target can be such a pain in the ass and this is just plain in poor taste. So much for PM!
B

That stinks! What's the point of having price matching at a store if they won't honor it? All they had to do was let the game get sold out and not re-order any more until the following week. Hiding them on purpose just seems so shady.

charp2000
11-10-2011, 11:27 PM
The shelf at my Target was full. I took 2 & while I was checking out another item the clerk directed me to the CS for the price match, but said I could only get one. The CS person immediately knew the price match of $1 and rang up both of them - and then she said 'What store was that' - without even asking for the TRU ad. Even though I had the ad right there with me, she didn't care to see it.

So it's definitely your experience can vary depending on the Target. Now I have 1 to give to my kids & 1 to donate.

dukie41181
11-11-2011, 12:04 AM
The shelf at my Target was full. I took 2 & while I was checking out another item the clerk directed me to the CS for the price match, but said I could only get one. The CS person immediately knew the price match of $1 and rang up both of them - and then she said 'What store was that' - without even asking for the TRU ad. Even though I had the ad right there with me, she didn't care to see it.

So it's definitely your experience can vary depending on the Target. Now I have 1 to give to my kids & 1 to donate.

I price matched at my Target and they let me buy 5. No questions asked but I did show the TRU ad. I picked up one for my neighbor, one for my nephew, one for us and 2 to donate. This was so much easier than going to TRU and trying my luck on actually finding one. I would definately recommend doing the price match instead!

dukie41181
11-11-2011, 12:06 AM
I had shop runner too. fyi. Guess I will be canceling that soon.

B

Wow! Ridiculous! Do you have a Walmart nearby? Could you PM there instead?

winter75
11-18-2011, 10:44 PM
I got an email with a $5 off code from Toy R Us today with apologies for the cancelled Buzz Lightyear Operation game.