PDA

View Full Version : Indie vs MB Terrain - Swift help

mackmama
11-06-2011, 12:40 PM
I thought it might be helpful for others to have a comparison between Indie and Terry. I just sat them side-by-side, and here are the measurements:

Indie / Terry
Seat width: 12"/10.75"
Handle height when fully extended, floor to top of handle: 40.25"/45.5"
Seat height to canopy: 23"/24"
Back wheelbase width: 25"/26"
Length from back wheels to front wheel: 40"/45" when Terry's front wheel twisted outward (39" when Terry's front wheel is twisted back)
Height from floor to seat base: 20"/20.75"

To me, these measurements are very similar and not worth having both the Indie and Terry.

If anyone has a Swift and is willing to post these same measurements, that would be awesome! That will help me to decide whether I'm going to order Swifty next. :)

crl
11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Strollerqueen has at least some of those measurements. You can google "swift and Strollerqueen" to find her review I think. My best recollection is that the swift is slightly narrower--maybe 24 inches? And that the seat sits lower and that the highest position on the handle bar is lower than the highest position on the Indie's. As long as you are doing a side by side you might also consider weight. I gather the canopy and leg rest on the Indie aren't important to you? And I don't know how the Terrain and the Indie's baskets compare. The Indie's basket is bigger and easier to access than the Swifts.

Catherine

spannaz
11-06-2011, 01:38 PM
:oops:. Ok, I see that a comparison was made on this thread, hehe. Pics would be uber- helpful though ;-)

strollerqueen
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
The Swift is a lot smaller than the Terrain. The Indie is in the middle, about the size of the Urban. Don't forget tire size, too. If you are indoors mostly, go for the 10" Swift. Outdoors, the 16" Terrain. In and out, you could go for either the Indie or Urban. The biggest seat in this genre will be the new BJ GT, which isn't out yet.

momtoax3
11-06-2011, 07:13 PM
When I played with them at the store, I felt like Indie and Swift were the same size. Both lightweight, small, all-terrain strollers. The main two differences between them are the wheel size and the fold (and other smaller ones like adjustable footrest, recline mechanism). My friend and I both thought it came down to aesthetic preference.

That being said, I wouldn't get two AT single strollers. I would get a compact stroller like the Bee or Cruz and Terry because otherwise I don't think you'll see much difference.

arivecchi
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
The Indie is comparable to the urban and not much smaller than the terrain. I think I posted measurements for the swift when I did my review. I would definitely keep the terrain over the Indie. Much sturdier and can tackle a lot more. If you want maximum versatility, sell both and get the swift.

arivecchi
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
The swift is 23 inches wide.

mackmama
11-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Thanks, everyone. I am returning the Indie today and will order the Swift. I wish the Swift was available somewhere where I could see it IRL. Once Swifty arrives, then I'll figure out if we'll keep Terry. The stroller shuffle!