PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Deals??

kissmekate
11-07-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm new to American Girl! I just wanted to know if they ever do any type of discounts in the store or online for the dolls. I saw the thread for free shipping, but I also have a store near me. Just wondering if I should wait for a deal or go ahead and buy one.

Mommaof3
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Cyber Monday has good deals! You won't get free shipping but the deals are worth it!

mattiew
11-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Marie-Grace and Cecile are currently 25% off on the website. This rarely happens!
Sometimes there are codes for 10% off purchases over a specific amount (catalog/website only).
Buying the doll with the accessories saves a few dollars (I can't remember if this is website only or can be purchased in store).
The stores often have purchase with purchase items which are specially priced in-store specials (generally an outfit), they usually require purchases of $50 or more.

twinsmama
11-07-2011, 10:44 AM
They sometimes have accessories, such as the pets at Costco's, or the small dolls and the books - they have them now at my local Costco!

Also, as pp said- black Friday - some things here and there.

Last year, there were a couple of awesome deals on some shopping channel (QVC? ) - online - they were selling Julie and her bike, and another doll with her horse - or something like that. Great deal - I don't remember exactly, but I think it was almost 40% off if you were to compare the price in store if you bought the doll and the bike/ horse separately. SoOmeone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Mommaof3
11-07-2011, 01:06 PM
QVC did have great deals the last few years but I have not seen any this year/ I am thinking they are done selling them b/c they would have had them in their Christmas in July show or the past few months.

calv
11-07-2011, 02:06 PM
is the doll 25% off for those two doll only online or in store also?

also has the free shipping over $50 expired?

cckwmh
11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I just called and the sale is in stores, too. Iam going tomorrow to buy one (or two)

MasonBaby
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Sort of related: are the AG really worth the money? Does anyone have experience with the $30 Our Generation doll from Target?

mattiew
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
is the doll 25% off for those two doll only online or in store also?

also has the free shipping over $50 expired?

Free shipping ended yesterday.

mattiew
11-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Sort of related: are the AG really worth the money? Does anyone have experience with the $30 Our Generation doll from Target?

I like the AG dolls for the books, movies, and other items you can get to related to the dolls.

brittone2
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I've heard the hair holds up much better on the AG dolls as compared to My Generation.

My DD has a bitty baby, and then an 18 inch Gotz doll. Gotz is less expensive than AG (I got mine on super sale a few years ago) and is very nice quality.

We are going to visit the AG store for the first time in a few weeks and DD will be picking something out for her bday. My parents got her some 18 inch doll accessories (for her Gotz doll) and for those I steered them toward Target. I don't think the hair holds up well on inexpensive dolls, generally speaking.

Mommaof3
11-07-2011, 04:26 PM
We have both, the biggest compaint I have with the Target ones are the hair, after a few months ours looked like a rat's nest. My DD's AG dolls with the best hair (meaning it looks as good as the day we got them) are Ivy & Emily. They have short straight hair.