PDA

View Full Version : Um... what underwear under yoga pants?

kwc
11-07-2011, 01:18 AM
In an effort to make myself go to the gym, I bought a couple of pairs of yoga/workout pants from old navy. But my boyshorts are not working... what will work?

Please don't say thong. Or no underwear...

crl
11-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Okay, I won't say it. (Sorry, I go commando under yoga pants.)

Catherine

mjs64
11-07-2011, 02:05 AM
I just don't worry about panty lines when I'm working out. I wear what's most comfortable. I do wear a thong if I'm wearing them elsewhere, which I try not to do. I actually don't find thongs that uncomfortable. It's all about finding the right one.

Jenn27
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm going to have to say thong too...

Twoboos
11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
I just gave up and have VPL in my yoga/workout pants.

I asked a friend who is a trainer at a gym if this was bad. She said she'd rather see VPL than Camel Toe!!!

cvanbrunt
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Sorry. Thong.

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I have some regular, bikini type bottoms that are "seamless" thus low/no VPL. But, otherwise I really don't care about VPLs when working out. I just want comfort and no distractions, like wedgies.

Beth

lizzywednesday
11-07-2011, 10:12 AM
...I really don't care about VPLs when working out. I just want comfort and no distractions, like wedgies.

:yeahthat:

VPL is the last thing on my mind when I'm working out. I just plain don't give a rat's butt about it - I'm there to work out and stay healthy, not to pick someone up. And if someone else is going to notice and be catty about it, it's HER problem.

artvandalay
11-07-2011, 10:14 AM
I really don't care about VPLs when working out.

Beth

:yeahthat:. Yup. Last thing on my mind.

Minnifer
11-07-2011, 11:12 AM
I dunno, but I'm guessing that all of you who are not worried at all about VPL must be pretty darned toned in the first place ;) . I'm slim, but squishy (and older,which doesn't help the squish factor), and my VPL would be really bad and therefore pretty embarrassing to me if I were in regular underwear - it's not that I care what others think per se but I would feel bad about myself looking like that. So I always did a high thong (and will again if I can ever work out again, LOL) and if there was any VPL from that, it would be high enough up to be covered by my top.

hillview
11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
thong
thong
(had to be 7 characters!)

ilfaith
11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I usually wear a thong. I also have some of those "vanishing edge" or laser cut panties that work well under yoga pants. I do occasionally go commando with yoga pants too, but when I do, I'll put a pantyliner in the crotch to feel a little fresher.

lizzywednesday
11-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I dunno, but I'm guessing that all of you who are not worried at all about VPL must be pretty darned toned in the first place ;) ....

No, ma'am, I am certainly not pretty toned.

I've got lumps and bumps in places I had no idea existed.

But VPL is totally not on my mind. I'm at the gym to work out and resolve those lumps & bumps.

I have other things about my (naked) body to feel badly about; why add something to make myself crazy about my (clothed) body at the gym?

Besides, I've yet to find a thong that doesn't end up as, um, "cheek-floss", and going commando leads to urinary tract irritation for me, so ... I live with the VPL.

SnuggleBuggles
11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I dunno, but I'm guessing that all of you who are not worried at all about VPL must be pretty darned toned in the first place ;) . I'm slim, but squishy (and older,which doesn't help the squish factor), and my VPL would be really bad and therefore pretty embarrassing to me if I were in regular underwear - it's not that I care what others think per se but I would feel bad about myself looking like that. So I always did a high thong (and will again if I can ever work out again, LOL) and if there was any VPL from that, it would be high enough up to be covered by my top.

I feel like the opposite is true. If your butt isn't toned, I'd rather undies with full coverage because otherwise cellulite and other imperfections are more visible.

Beth

mommytoC
11-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I feel like the opposite is true. If your butt isn't toned, I'd rather undies with full coverage because otherwise cellulite and other imperfections are more visible.

Beth

:yeahthat: My squishy butt looks much better in (full-coverage) undies! Truth be told, though, I never worry about panty lines.

Ceepa
11-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't think about VPL when I'm working out either. For the record, if I'm able to clearly see what's going on underneath someone's workout pants, I think panty lines are much better than some alternatives.

mmsmom
11-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Many of my yoga/workout pants/shorts have a cotton crotch area which to me means they are meant to be worn without any underwear. OP, I would just wear whatever is most comfortable to you and if you don't like the way it looks then maybe try wearing a long t-shirt that will cover it.

edurnemk
11-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm not toned, and I wear my regular underwear (bikini). I hate thongs, I think they're the most uncomfortable clothing item ever invented. I really don't worry about VPL when working out.

mmommy
11-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not toned, and I wear my regular underwear (bikini). I hate thongs, I think they're the most uncomfortable clothing item ever invented. I really don't worry about VPL when working out.

:yeahthat:

speo
11-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Agreed!

LexyLou
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Sorry to say it, but nothing.

I'm a fitness instructor and live in my gym clothes. Since going commando, I no longer (tmi warning) chafe.

Love going commando, even though my 6 year old things I'll get arrested if a cop finds out I don't have any underwear on.

kwc
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks ladies!

I think I may have to go with VPL. This is not really making me want to go to the gym!
Well, at least I know I won't be one of those people wearing my yoga pants everywhere!

mjmamma
11-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Sorry to say it, but nothing.

I'm a fitness instructor and live in my gym clothes. Since going commando, I no longer (tmi warning) chafe.

Love going commando, even though my 6 year old things I'll get arrested if a cop finds out I don't have any underwear on.

:yeahthat: Underwear are aggravating, all around. (TMI...once I stopped wearing them, I stopped discharging - for the most part). I'm not worried about VPL but wedgies and just having to adjust.

I have to tell my 7 year old that I 'forgot' them