PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Tea Collection

WitMom
11-07-2011, 08:42 AM
I am considering ordering a few items from Tea for the first time. How are their shipping times? I need these items fairly soon, so if they are slow shippers, I'm not even going to bother. Also, how do their sizes run? Pretty accurate? Or do you find yourself having to size up/down frequently?

TwinFoxes
11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I've only ordered directly from them once, and I don't remember how they were with shipping.

I think their clothes run small. They are one of the few brands that my DDs wear their "true" size (3Ts at 3 years old etc.) Most other brands they wear the next size down for several months. I love their clothes, and the girls do too.

Jo..
11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
They run VERY small. When DD was in 18m clothes in every other brand, 2T Tea was snug. I say size up two sizes. I ordered from Amazon so can't comment on ship time. You may want to call cs and ask.

lizzywednesday
11-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Definitely runs small and can tend to shrink in the dryer, so I'd wash on cold, par-dry and then hang to finish. I also feel darker colors fade faster.

I do like their patterns and styles, though.

WatchingThemGrow
11-07-2011, 11:15 AM
They USED to run much smaller. Apparently they now use pre-shrunk cotton, so things are not as small as they were when my first two were younger. The last batch of stuff I ordered ran true-to-size in length, but very slim. *Perfect* for my boys. The collar of the tees don't seem to hold up like our Hannas do though. After 2 washes, they look more stretched out than Hanna tees we've worn almost constantly for 3 years.

chozen
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
They USED to run much smaller. Apparently they now use pre-shrunk cotton, so things are not as small as they were when my first two were younger. The last batch of stuff I ordered ran true-to-size in length, but very slim. *Perfect* for my boys. The collar of the tees don't seem to hold up like our Hannas do though. After 2 washes, they look more stretched out than Hanna tees we've worn almost constantly for 3 years.

this is true they do NOT seem to run small, we ordered a couple of times from them this yr. and they run true to sz., for sure. i had to return most of my order because i szed. up.

arivecchi
11-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I've only ordered directly from them once. They were slow to ship. Diapers.com carries tea and they have next day shipping.

Bootsie
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I've ordered things this year and the sizing was true to age, so true to size. I tried sizing up because often I have to for my kids - especially if I want the clothing item to last a bit - but the size up was huge.

I don't think they were especially quick to ship and it took quite a while to get to me (I think they are on the West Coast and I am on the East Coast).

mackmama
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
The stuff we bought for DC definitely ran small.

kevinsmama
11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I've only bought from them once but I don't think I ever will, because shipping was S-L-O-W (partly b/c they're based in CA and we're in the East Coast and I bought during their free shipping campaign, but still, it took well over 10days...) and on top of that they took over 6 weeks to process my return (I think the website says it's usually processed in about 2-3 weeks?), despite my calling them multiple times to track its status. I still like their stuff (well, probably not as much as Mini Boden or HA... their color scheme is a bit too muted for my taste), especially the PJs, but I don't order from them directly anymore--I now order them only from Diapers.com or Amazon (and when they're heavily discounted, lol).