PDA

View Full Version : MORE Tripp Trapps at Wayfair!!!

Melaine
11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I went to check my order and FREAKED out when I saw that they had more Tripp Trapps on sale including Cherry which is the color I originally wanted.
http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=603
These are $132

Also babysets are now available for $30 in walnut, red, natural, green, white, and gray. http://www.wayfair.com/return_sales_items.php?clid=1057

I immediately ordered a cherry chair with a white seat which will match the rest of our furniture better than the black and gray that I got yesterday. I figured I would just sell the black if I couldn't cancel it.

Then, WOW, when I called Wayfair, I got the most fantastic service and a really polite and articulate associate. The person I spoke to, I think her name was Kelly, was so helpful! She said she would do everything she could to stop the shipment (it was supposed to go out today). She called the warehouse immediately and said they weren't in yet so chances are it was still there. She gave me her email and said that she would let me know. If it hasn't gone out, they would cancel no problem. She said if it had gone out she could get it sent back and either way they would credit my account. I was absolutely floored by the helpful attitude and she was really cheerful and nice. I will be shopping at Wayfair again, after speaking to them on Saturday and getting two really friendly helpful associates I am totally impressed with their CS!!!

ourbabygirl
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
Ooooh, thanks so much for posting! I may have to jump on this to get a cherry one! :) Why do the holidays have to be so gosh darn expensive?! :bag

Melaine
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Ooooh, thanks so much for posting! I may have to jump on this to get a cherry one! :) Why do the holidays have to be so gosh darn expensive?! :bag

Yay! Glad you got one.

I know, I feel like I am crazy to buy this right now when I am only 14 weeks pregnant. And putting down this much cash right at the holidays is kind of sad (I know it will make things a bit tighter). But I feel confident this is a rare deal and I am not planning on buying too much for this new LO, but really wanted the Tripp Trapp.

My order status says my first order was cancelled and the new order for the Cherry chair should arrive on or before the 9th!! So far I am floored by the customer service. I cannot believe cancelling was such a breeze. And shipping so quick? Hopefully the condition of these will be great, if so I am going to be stalking Wayfair for more deals!

jjjo1112
11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up!! I ordered a black chair with grey baby set yesterday but when I saw the other colors today- I really wanted the grey chair. I called Wayfair customer service and got the same great help!! They are canceling my first order and I was able to place a new order for the color I wanted. I'm also buying way ahead of time- this one isn't due til the beginning of may but deals like this don't come around very often and the Tripp Trapp was on my list of must-haves for the new baby.

94bruin
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, got the go-ahead from DH to buy a black one. We already have one black one to match our black dining set. However, for the past 6 mos or so, both kids have been fighting over it at.each.mealtime. I've been clamoring to buy one, but DH has been balking at it. Finally the seating wars can be put to rest! Thanks for posting!

KpbS
11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Bummer!!! The price for me is now $221...I tried to get one of the first ones but they were all gone.

Staraglimmer
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM
I really need walnut. No walnut :(. I'm afraid to get a different color because of the fighting it might cause.

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

daisymommy
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Thank-you!!!
I have the Walnut chair, and love it. I've always wanted a baby-set to go with it, but couldn't cough up that much $$ for it.
I just got the last one, with free shipping, for $30 :applause: It's set to deliver on Wednesday! That's crazy!
So happy!

Chag78
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
What does just the tripp trapp come with ? A strap? And up to what age do you find that your kids use it?

Choccie
11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Walnut back in stock - looks like 2 available at $114 each.

Melaine
11-07-2011, 03:07 PM
What does just the tripp trapp come with ? A strap? And up to what age do you find that your kids use it?

It comes with a 5 point harness. It's adjustable, so my children are still sitting in their Tripp Trapps at 5 years old and I intend for them to use them for years to come. It can support the weight of an adult. We will probably take the harnesses off soon, but they still sometimes buckle in at dinner.

mama2g03
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks OP for the heads up on this site. I called them earlier and had great customer service and have been stalking the site for a walnut TT. Just ordered one and can't wait to get it! I have had a cushion I got at Target on clearance for $11 forever and have been waiting for a great deal on a chair. Yay!!

daisymommy
11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Chag78-- a 5 point harness, good to use until you no longer need to strap them in, fit my 3 year old fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Walnut back in stock - looks like 2 available at $114 each.

ugh, looks like i just missed it again! looking to get another set in walnut.

i was able to get a purple one in my cart (the color looks nice, and that one could be DD's), but i figure walnut might be better for resale?

also, i ordered a baby set with the walnut one i ordered this weekend. i have a 22 month old..would he be old enough to use it without it? bc i'm wondering if i got another TT, if i could get away with just having one baby set between the two (for 8month DD).

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
sometimes i go to the link and it shows no tripp-trapps. then 2 mins later it will show two colors TT are available. i will click on one but then it will say N/A. however, sometimes, a few mins later it wil be back in stock..

is this happening to anyone else? is it just bc of low stock, and people taking things out of their carts?

emily
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Just got a walnut one! Thank you OP! Now the kiddos can stop fighting over the one that we have. It was 132 though, not 114.

Ms. Pacman, DS has been using the TT without a baby set since about 21 mo. so I dont think you need it. Honestly, we dont even use the harness on him most times.

Choccie
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
We haven't used the straps since DS was about 2 years old. He's now 6 1/2 and doesn't want to use the chair anymore - wants to sit on a regular kitchen chair like the rest of the adults. The chair was a lifesaver for those toddler years though - highly recommend!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Just got a walnut one! Thank you OP! Now the kiddos can stop fighting over the one that we have.

Ms. Pacman, DS has been using the TT without a baby set since about 21 mo. so I dont think you need it. Honestly, we dont even use the harness on him most times.

thanks! i will try to just get a TT then by itself and use the babyset i already got with it for DD. hmm..i'm debating on getting the purple TT now..

smiles33
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
sometimes i go to the link and it shows no tripp-trapps. then 2 mins later it will show two colors TT are available. i will click on one but then it will say N/A. however, sometimes, a few mins later it wil be back in stock..

is this happening to anyone else? is it just bc of low stock, and people taking things out of their carts?

Yeah, I think it's the cart expiration thing, as I saw 4 color options, went to choose purple for DD2, and then decided I'd get another one for DD1 but then the purples all disappeared but a walnut was "available." I clicked on the walnut and it then said n/a and was gone when I went back to the previous page. My purple one was $132. I saw the $114 price but then those disappeared by the time I clicked to add to my cart. I wonder why the price differential--maybe the $132 ones have nicer boxes than the other returned ones priced cheaper?

Anyhow, with only 1 purple TT coming, I think they're going to fight over it even though DD1 didn't like the TT when I bought it 2 years ago when some site had a sale on them for $170.

LAMom
11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
I am really grumpy they have not corrected the erroneous 114 pricing on the search page. Any time I click on it, it is 132 in the cart. Not going to buy from them.

Ms B
11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Augh! I had to work this morning and just got to look at the board. I really wanted a black one for DS, but there are none left. Back to the hunt . . .

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
a black one just popped up just now!

some are literally up for a few seconds!!

i found a TT cushion for $27. i tried to check out with just that, but then it says $8.99 shipping. i'm waiting for a walnut one to pop up so i can get both and get free shipping..

♥ms.pacman♥
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
OMG, i just checked again and a walnut popped up and i was able to snag it!! :boogie: when i added it to my cart it automatically added a bunch of other stuff (baby sets in different colors) to my cart too, but i just removed those and it let me just purchase the walnut TT.

so i got another walnut TT for $132, and i got a TT cushion (green tales) for $27!! woo!!

thank you Melaine for posting!!! :)

btw, if anyone is looking for a specific color TT, i would just keep checking the link over and over..it likely will pop up. The stock seems to vary every minute! One minute, there are no TTs left in clearance...then two minutes later there is a black and green available, then a few minutes later there is only black available, etc.

Melaine
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
a black one just popped up just now!

some are literally up for a few seconds!!

i found a TT cushion for $27. i tried to check out with just that, but then it says $8.99 shipping. i'm waiting for a walnut one to pop up so i can get both and get free shipping..

I bet that is cause people like me ordered black before and cancelled this morning!

TwinsItIs
11-07-2011, 04:21 PM
To those who own this high chair, what's so good about it? I need to justify spending that kind of money. From what age is it good to use? How's the cleaning of this? Easy? Messy?

Thanks

smiles33
11-07-2011, 04:23 PM
To those who own this high chair, what's so good about it? I need to justify spending that kind of money. From what age is it good to use? How's the cleaning of this? Easy? Messy?

Thanks

Many BBBers LOVE their TTs but my kid was in the minority. DD1 just didn't like hers so I sold it on CL about a week or two later after trying to convince her to use it. She preferred sitting on our cushy adult chairs. It's supposed to promote better posture, since you can adjust the footrest so your child's feet rest there instead of dangling. DD1 just sits cross-legged or kneels on our adult chairs. I think many use this as an alternative to a high chair because you can pull your 6+ month old right to the main table, as opposed to sitting separately in a traditional high chair. You'll need the baby set if you plan to use it for young infants/toddlers.

I'd consider buying it as this is a fantastic price. If your DC doesn't like it, you probably can sell it on your local CL (assuming you're in an area with a market for these) for the same price if not higher. I see USED TTs selling for $150 on my CL. A new one can probably fetch $175 or more.

ourbabygirl
11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Very ergonomic (had these at DD's speech therapy and behavioral psychologist offices)- they can rest their feet on the little footrest and you can raise or lower the seat according to their height.

We had DD start using it at about 18 months because she didn't want to be in the high chair anymore... started with just the harness (never bought the baby set), and only did that for a few months, but she's 3 and still uses it multiple times a day (it's at our kitchen table). Just bought one for DS, who will hopefully start using it soon! :)

It's great that they don't need a cushion or anything to be up high enough for the table, and they can get onto it and down from it very easily by themselves.

Also wipes clean very easily, since it's just wood!

ETA I've heard of people using them as desk chairs when their kids get older...

emily
11-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Thanks

I felt like you and thought it was just an overpriced high chair... until I snagged one a few months back on CL for $50 (or was it $30?). Unlike the space saver chair or reg high chair that we have, I dont need to help or lift them onto the seat and I think they find it more comfortable with the footrest. I love that it blends in with our furniture (pretty much disappears when pushed in to the table) and is easy to clean. With space saver booster chair the cushions of our kitchen chairs were always getting dirty (even with covers etcs) and with the high chair, food was always getting in the crevices and the cover needed to be washed.

elbenn
11-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks Melaine for posting! I got a green one. If anyone sees a red one, please let me know! I have a red one that I bought from Amazon for $202 and it is unopened and can be returned, so I would love to get a red one to replace it and save $70. But I haven't seen any red ones on their site.

mum-to-be
11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
I am really grumpy they have not corrected the erroneous 114 pricing on the search page. Any time I click on it, it is 132 in the cart. Not going to buy from them.

I did not let that stop me. $132 is a phenomenal price. I have been stalking a second tripp trapp for about 6 months, and the best deal I found was the RightStart deal but tax killed it for me. I still considered it even though it would have come out close to $200 for me. The best sale price I have seen on these is $199. If you need one, this is a killer deal as long as it is in good condition. I am thrilled to finally get a second one. I would have paid $132 for a second hand black tripp trapp so as long as it is not too scuffed, I really can't lose. I will be able to sell it second hand for almost the same price too.

mum-to-be
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I felt like you and thought it was just an overpriced high chair... until I snagged one a few months back on CL for $50 (or was it $30?). Unlike the space saver chair or reg high chair that we have, I dont need to help or lift them onto the seat and I think they find it more comfortable with the footrest. I love that it blends in with our furniture (pretty much disappears when pushed in to the table) and is easy to clean. With space saver booster chair the cushions of our kitchen chairs were always getting dirty (even with covers etcs) and with the high chair, food was always getting in the crevices and the cover needed to be washed.

What a deal! I love ours too. I also love that DS can keep his feet grounded, which I think makes him less fidgety and more inclined to eat. But oh I can't wait to not have to clean the crevices of DD's high chair! And she has been desperate to sit in DS's chair for months now, so this is going to be great!

I didn't get the baby set for DD since she is 18 months today - I'm hoping this will be ok! Also hoping that DS doesn't decide he's done with the tripp trapp now that DD is using one.

Beth24
11-07-2011, 06:55 PM
What a deal! I love ours too. I also love that DS can keep his feet grounded, which I think makes him less fidgety and more inclined to eat. But oh I can't wait to not have to clean the crevices of DD's high chair! And she has been desperate to sit in DS's chair for months now, so this is going to be great!

I didn't get the baby set for DD since she is 18 months today - I'm hoping this will be ok! Also hoping that DS doesn't decide he's done with the tripp trapp now that DD is using one.

Interested to hear people's opinions as to whether the baby set is necessary or a good idea for a 16 month old...

twotimesblue
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Definitely not worth buying the baby set for a 16-month-old. We stopped using ours with DS at 13 months... granted, he is very tall but unless your LO is teeny tiny he/she will have outgrown it already. I missed the 'security' the baby set offered so I bought the Tripp Trapp tray from Amazon... it cost a small fortune but has been well worth it; so easy to clean and much less mess on the floor now!

azazela
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
They are back!

Ceepa
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM

Most kids love it. It's easy to clean and looks better than a giant plastic high chair. But, toward the end of toddlerhood my DC wanted nothing to do with the chair because they saw it as a baby/"little kid" chair even after we removed the straps. I know there are kids who still use it as they grow, but I can't imagine a big kid, let alone a teen or adult, using one. They're not that comfortable, IMO.

Fortunately, resale is supposed to be great for TTs if you don't see this as a chair your child will use for a long time.

KpbS
11-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Snagged a purple one for DD :) Thanks again, Melaine!

Beth24
11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Definitely not worth buying the baby set for a 16-month-old. We stopped using ours with DS at 13 months... granted, he is very tall but unless your LO is teeny tiny he/she will have outgrown it already. I missed the 'security' the baby set offered so I bought the Tripp Trapp tray from Amazon... it cost a small fortune but has been well worth it; so easy to clean and much less mess on the floor now!

Thanks. My guy is huge (29 pounds) so if I am lucky enough to get one I will pass on the baby set!

Staraglimmer
11-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Got one. Thanks, Melanie!!!

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 6/12

wifecat
11-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, I got the babyset for my little guy. He's 11 months and 22lbs, but squirmy as all get out. I need it to keep him contained, I think. Hope I made the right choice, because it will be here tomorrow!!! Yay!

amldaley
11-07-2011, 09:28 PM
??? Went to the link and all the TT's I see are in the $220 range?

azazela
11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
??? Went to the link and all the TT's I see are in the $220 range?

Looks like they are gone. Keep refreshing, they may return.

veronica
11-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I want one...make that two, lol? DH gave me the "what the heck is that?" look......

joules
11-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I got one in green! Thanks OP!!

I had to keep refreshing my page to see it pop up.

ECMom
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Six colors are back $114.75 or $132. Hope y'all get one.

Beth24
11-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Just got one in Cherry! Thanks OP.

Momit
11-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah! Just got one in walnut.

goalie35
11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Darn, they won't ship these to Canada. Anyone willing to purchase an extra one and turn around and ship it to me? Would of course cover all costs and compensate for time.
-Aaron

BallerinaMommy
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Just got one in Walnut! Hope DS likes it as he now hates his current high chair! Wondering if I should get the baby set for my 14 month old...thoughts?

kaharris83
11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Just got one in Walnut! Hope DS likes it as he now hates his current high chair! Wondering if I should get the baby set for my 14 month old...thoughts?

I got one last month and got the baby set for my 15 month old. I think they say you can use the baby set to 36 months. I feel like he's more secure in it with the baby set. But he is a wiggler. Elsewhere in this thread or another others have said they stopped using the baby set before 15 months. In my case I figured if we have another baby we'd need it anyway.

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Grrr, it really bugs me that I just paid $199/each at RightStart for 2 of these last month - this really would have saved money. 1 is still in its box unopened but I'm past the return date. Wonder if it would be insane to try to sell that one on CL for like $175, and pick up this one for $132??? May be worth a CL post just to see. Ugh, I know better deals come along and that's life, but wah :gloomy:

emily
11-08-2011, 11:19 AM
I am tempted to get another one. Wonder if DD who will be about 4.5 when DC3 will need a high chair will be ready to part with hers?? Three TTs seems like it may be overkill but what a deal??!!

cntrymoon2
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
I waited, trying to get one in cherry. Anyone have experience with CSN enough to guess whether these will come back in stock ever?

elbenn
11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I so much want one in red to pop up, but I have seen just about every color except red.

Beth24
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I got one last month and got the baby set for my 15 month old. I think they say you can use the baby set to 36 months. I feel like he's more secure in it with the baby set. But he is a wiggler. Elsewhere in this thread or another others have said they stopped using the baby set before 15 months. In my case I figured if we have another baby we'd need it anyway.

Do you have any issue with your baby fitting? My 16 month old is 29 pounds and has rather ample tummy and thighs!

kaharris83
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Do you have any issue with your baby fitting? My 16 month old is 29 pounds and has rather ample tummy and thighs!

No he fits with lots of room to spare.

FTMLuc
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks OP! I have been thinking about TT for DD for a while, but just could not justify the price. I was so excited to order one in black last night, and it already shipped.

Now I wonder if I should have added the baby set for DD who just turned 11 months.

mommylamb
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok, I'll admit, I'm interested. I've never had a trip trap. Can someone explain what all the hype is about with them?

94bruin
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I am tempted to get another one. Wonder if DD who will be about 4.5 when DC3 will need a high chair will be ready to part with hers?? Three TTs seems like it may be overkill but what a deal??!!

My 6.5yo still prefers her chair and fights her sister for it. I just bought a new one.

indigo99
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok, I'll admit, I'm interested. I've never had a trip trap. Can someone explain what all the hype is about with them?

I like that it is adjustable so it can grow with them. It can be used up at the regular table (or you can add on a tray like I did but that's expensive). It's really easy to just wipe off. It looks cool (instead of having yet another big piece of baby-looking gear in the way).

rin
11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Ok, I'm wavering. We have a Keekaroo for DD, which we've loved. We were planning to get another Keekaroo for DC#2 (due in June).

Is there a good reason to get one of these Tripp Trapps instead of a Keekaroo? I like that the Keekaroo comes with a tray.

ETA: For the same price as this sale price we could get a regular price Keekaroo with tray, or for the same price as the sale Tripp Trapp + sale baby set we could get a regular price Keekaroo w/tray & infant booster cushions.

Melaine
11-08-2011, 03:17 PM

I think we went through four different eating chair solutions before finally forking over the cash for the TTs. At first I had some fisher-price-ish chairs that strapped onto the kitchen chairs. I think they had good reviews and were like $35 each IIRC. I ended up hating them for a bunch of reasons. They were hard to clean, food just went into the cracks. They started badly scratching our chairs. The trays were difficult to get on and off. I just ended up despising them. So we honestly fed the girls on the table in the bumbos for awhile ($40 each). That was working pretty well, but it was obviously a short term solution. Then we bought some cheap boosters from walmart that were like $15 or $20 each. They were working a bit better but I still didn't feel the girls were comfortable and food went through the cracks so that I had to unstrap the chairs OFTEN and clean underneath. Just not enjoying any of these. So I bought the Kaboosts (on sale for $20 each IIRC), which I actually liked in theory. They did the job and I felt like they were very safe and sturdy. This was a little after age 2. I started really missing the straps on the other seats. And all of those options had been so ugly! I had wanted the Tripp Trapps from day one but just couldn't stomach the price. That's when I looked back and realized how much money I had wasted on ugly plastic crap while just wishing I had bought the Stokke chairs. So I bought those when the girls were 2.5.

Love them! So easy to clean, love the way they look, love the way my kids behave and eat in them. Love that they are easy to clean, sturdy, and will last for years and years. Love the re-sell value if we decide to re-sell. I actually imagine these being usable for my grandchildren, though, so not sure if we will keep them.

I knew I wanted one for baby #3 so I was thrilled to find this deal. I realize I made this WAY longer than necessary, but I am a big, big fan!:jammin: Can't recommend them highly enough! To me, the only drawback is the price, and this deal makes them really reasonable.

Melaine
11-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Ok, I'm wavering. We have a Keekaroo for DD, which we've loved. We were planning to get another Keekaroo for DC#2 (due in June).

Is there a good reason to get one of these Tripp Trapps instead of a Keekaroo? I like that the Keekaroo comes with a tray.

ETA: For the same price as this sale price we could get a regular price Keekaroo with tray, or for the same price as the sale Tripp Trapp + sale baby set we could get a regular price Keekaroo w/tray & infant booster cushions.

I have heard great things about the Keekaroo too. I don't think I knew about them if they were around when I was shopping them. By the time we bought the TTs, I didn't need the trays which was why the Keekaroo appealed to me so much, so we went with the Tripp Trapp. I am pretty sure I have heard people who have both like them both about the same. If I were you I might want them to be the same so I might get the Keekaroo.

rin
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I have heard great things about the Keekaroo too. I don't think I knew about them if they were around when I was shopping them. By the time we bought the TTs, I didn't need the trays which was why the Keekaroo appealed to me so much, so we went with the Tripp Trapp. I am pretty sure I have heard people who have both like them both about the same. If I were you I might want them to be the same so I might get the Keekaroo.

Thanks! That's sort of what I was leaning towards, but everyone has such good things to say about the Tripp Trapps and man is it hard to resist a killer deal . . . even if it's something you don't really need!

Minnifer
11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Am I the only one whose DC is like a crazy monkey in the TT? DD is too old to be strapped in and she uses the darn thing like a ladder (which I don't allow, obviously, but being a 3 yo she keeps trying). She's also up, down, up, down WAY more than she was in our regular kitchen chairs or her old booster seat, and always sliding her butt off like it's a fun slide. Also, I think the footplate is pretty slippery esp when a kid is wearing socks, and last week she slipped off (wasn't even climbing it) and smashed her face against the table and floor and wound up with a black eye and a huge bruise covering her whole cheek.

And, here's another potential con, when pushed in to the table (when empty), the back legs obviously don't fit under the table b/c of the Z like shape, and I find that we are constantly tripping over the legs, b/c our bodies/muscle memory just sort of assumes that a chair pushed in to a table won't have anything sticking out to trip over.

I do like them, but I don't love them as much as I thought I would b/c of the above (just got them in the recent Right Start sale - of course would like them more if I had paid this little, lol!). Just to offer some other things to consider but I'd probably still try it at this price :) .

Melaine
11-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I would say your DD isn't too old to be strapped in. We still use the straps most evenings at age 5 and at that age certainly used them every single meal. I think the straps is a big reason why I loved it, because having two monkeys standing up at the table would have driven me nuts.

Melaine
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
We have had the issue with tripping a couple times but it is nothing compared to the excruciating pain of stubbing your toe on the Learning Tower (which I also love)!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-08-2011, 03:47 PM
We have had the issue with tripping a couple times but it is nothing compared to the excruciating pain of stubbing your toe on the Learning Tower (which I also love)!

:rotflmao: LOL, i have so BTDT!!! if the TTs are used half as much as the Learning Tower, it will have been well worth it!! our LT gets a ton of use, i can't imagine not having one.

i'm excited to get the TTs, the first one arrives tomorrow! :bighand: Hubby is out of town for the week, but maybe one night when kids are in bed i can manage to put it together..i am just so excited to try it out!

smiles33
11-08-2011, 03:54 PM
I agree--love, love, LOVE my LT.

mspacman: it's easy to assemble, just use an allen wrench. The bigger issue is waiting for the kids to sleep as otherwise they get in your way. I still remember assembling our Cozy Coupe with DD2 climbing in and out while I was trying to screw things in!

maybeebaby08
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Has anyone had problems wth these tipping? I googled TT to look at all the colors and a video & website came up about babies being able to tip them? DD tipped herself in her a highchair and just wondering how common it is?

smiles33
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM
There's an anti-tipping plastic piece on each back leg that you screw on that extends past the back legs that is supposed to make it very difficult to tip.

Melaine
11-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Has anyone had problems wth these tipping? I googled TT to look at all the colors and a video & website came up about babies being able to tip them? DD tipped herself in her a highchair and just wondering how common it is?

They now have extenders that come with the TTs to prevent that. We never installed them because I thought they were ugly and we have never had a tipping problem. My kids can push backwards, but it just makes the entire seat slide straight back, they can't tip them. Photo of extenders (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=tripp+trapp+extender&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1366&bih=547&tbm=isch&tbnid=Y-JI-snkd5qUZM:&imgrefurl=http://www.babieshighchairs.net/stokke-high-chair-danger/&docid=VE2waHrD0NxPOM&imgurl=http://www.babieshighchairs.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tripp-trapp-extender-glider.jpg&w=250&h=214&ei=BYu5Tob0NMK02gXy552mBw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=429&sig=104101579353658656172&page=1&tbnh=164&tbnw=185&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=104&ty=92).

Momit
11-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Ack! Rethinking my walnut TT from this morning. Not sure if black would be better. I don't think I'll match our furniture exactly with the walnut, so it may be better to get something totally different like black - which is in my cart now. What to do, what to do...

ETA: Wow - that was fast! It shipped this afternoon, and I just placed the order 6 hours ago! So walnut it is.

FedBaby
11-08-2011, 04:22 PM

We installed the plastic extenders. They're fine although I might have stubbed my toe on one once or twice (but they're really low to the ground, so it's hard to do, even though they extend out.)

We've never had any tipping issues (knock on wood) with ours. I know our neighbor has a booster seat strapped on to a regular adult chair, and he tipped it. I kind of think any chair that can be pulled up to the adult table can probably be tipped. If they are sitting at the adult table and push their legs up against the flat piece under the table top, over you're going to go -- same goes for adult chairs. But, the alternative is not having them sit at the adult table with you...

I would totally recommend this chair. It's the standard in Germany (although all different brands, but totally the same design.)

maybeebaby08
11-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks everyone! That makes me feel better about the tipping!

Melaine
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Black is back up!

elbenn
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
All are gone now. I have been waiting for a red one to pop up but I never saw that color become available. Now I'm wondering if I should have just bought another color because it's $70 cheaper than anywhere else! Does anyone know if these regularly pop up on the wayfair site or whether this is a special deal like the carseat deal?

Minnifer
11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
All are gone now. I have been waiting for a red one to pop up but I never saw that color become available. Now I'm wondering if I should have just bought another color because it's $70 cheaper than anywhere else! Does anyone know if these regularly pop up on the wayfair site or whether this is a special deal like the carseat deal?

I've been stalking the clearance section for about a month now looking for a TT baby set, and to be honest have only seen a couple of TTs come up in that time. I'd say give another color a try if they pop back up today b/c I've never seen them this low!

Melaine
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM

They were AWESOME when I called them on Monday. if I were you I would call and ask if they had any red, I bet they would tell you what is in stock and let you order right over the phone. When I called she called immediately up to the warehouse to see if my order had gone out. They seem to really be on top of their stock so it might work.

Melaine
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Got mine! Will rip it open in a bit and check the condition! Funny how small the TT box is and how big the baby seat box is.

wpp1997
11-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I got mine this morning (walnut and walnut baby set) and put it together. The box was a little tiny bit crushed on the corner but everything inside was perfect. It clearly has never been opened because everything was still wrapped on the inside and perfectly in place. The tape also looked original. I am thrilled with it obviously. There was not one scratch or defect at all. I can't imagine why these were discounted.

joules
11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I got mine this morning (walnut and walnut baby set) and put it together. The box was a little tiny bit crushed on the corner but everything inside was perfect. It clearly has never been opened because everything was still wrapped on the inside and perfectly in place. The tape also looked original. I am thrilled with it obviously. There was not one scratch or defect at all. I can't imagine why these were discounted.

I'm so glad to hear this!!! Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I hope mine is the same as yours.

Melaine
11-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Everything looks great with the Tripp Trapp and baby set! :boogie:The box looks a little rough on the outside (just from delivery, I'm sure) but inside completely untouched as far as I can tell. Now I'm debating over whether or not we should assemble it just to be sure before putting it away for baby. It will be almost a year before we need to use it....

♥ms.pacman♥
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
just got one of mine a few minutes ago! love the funky-shaped box it comes in (like a trapezoid)..cute!! can't wait to assemble it tonight!

mum-to-be
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Ooh my EDD has been changed to today! I am so excited! I don't think I can wait for DH to get home from work to assemble it for DD. She is going to be thrilled and our dining room is going to look so much nicer! I'll post re the condition later but I am so happy to hear that you all are getting mint condition chairs!

wifecat
11-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I just got mine (two black chairs and one grey babyset). None of them look to have even been opened, let alone used/returned! I'm so thrilled. Now to sell the Kettler Tipp Topp that my daughter loves...I'm really going to have to sell her on these matching chairs...

mum-to-be
11-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Mine arrived and I've opened it but not assembled it yet. It is brand new - the seat and foot piece are both wrapped in their plastic. There were a couple of dints in the box but the seat itself is brand new. Thanks Melaine, this was the deal of the century for me!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-09-2011, 11:23 PM
i just put the kids to bed, have lots of cleaning to do, and am BEYOND exhausted (took the kids out a few times today), but i feel like i HAVE to try to assemble this tonite!! :) I think DS would really like it.

anyway, so far the box doesnt look opened at all, so that's good..

mum-to-be
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM
My black tripp trapp is assembled and I am stoked with the deal I got. Unfortunately DD had little interest in sitting in her new chair and just kept running off to sit in DS's black tripp trapp. Hopefully she takes to it tomorrow!

♥ms.pacman♥
11-10-2011, 12:44 AM
okay i opened it up and assembled it :) i am SO impressed, there wasn't a single scratch on ANYTHING...it all looks extremely high-quality. :thumbsup: The walnut color is really pretty, matches our flooring and kitchen area pretty well. Can't wait for DS to try it tomorrow! I got the babyset too, but am saving that to use that for the next TT which will be DD's.

i put it at our kitchen table, and i agree with a PP that when you walk by it sort of "disappears" and does not look like an eyesore the way a high chair or booster seat does.

and thanks again Melaine for the heads-up on this deal :applause:

Melaine
11-10-2011, 08:26 AM
:yay: Glad these are turning out to be as good of a deal as I had hoped!

joules
11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks Melaine!! Ours arrived today and we just finished assembling it. It's in perfect condition too....it's probably brand new!!

DH doesn't understand why it costs $100+ tho since it's very IKEA like. I think it's totally worth it.

Anyone else kind of worried DC will use it as a ladder and try to climb OVER it? DS (19 months) tried this at first, but then stopped and used it properly....but I don't trust him completely.

NewbieVA
11-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Melaine & others for posting & commenting about this deal! We needed a booster for my daughter & I finally decided to look into all this hype about the TT instead. I got the walnut one for $114 & it arrived yesterday. Everything looked brand new so I can't imagine why it was a return & resell.

My 3yo daughter likes her new chair, but I'm wondering what you all use to cushion the chair. I probably should have bought a seat cushion. I didn't even think of that. What is a good price for a seat cushion for this chair?

My only concern... My 2yo son hasn't noticed it yet, but it'll only be matter of time before he finds this new "ladder" to climb.

Melaine
11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
We have never had cushions but I am keeping my eyes peeled for a deal. If I get brave I might try to sew some.

kaharris83
11-12-2011, 06:04 PM
I bought a cushion at IKEA that goes with their chair. It was like $5. It doesn't fit when using the baby set but I'm hoping it will work when we take the baby set off.

Melaine
11-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I bought a cushion at IKEA that goes with their chair. It was like $5. It doesn't fit when using the baby set but I'm hoping it will work when we take the baby set off.

Is it on their website?

NewbieVA
11-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I was thinking of trying to sew a cushion, but if the ikea one worked & was only $5 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I tried using one of the ikea dining chair cushions & velcroing over the back & folding it to use it as a back cushion & a seat cushion, but it was sort of bulky. I'll have to experiment some more.

kaharris83
11-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Is it on their website?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70143393/

DH put the baby set on before I had a chance to try the cushion without it. It makes the baby set much too small. Looks like it will work fine as a back cushion w/out the baby set. I think its too long to use as a butt cushion though. So far DS doesn't seem uncomfortable with no cushion at all though.

FTMLuc
11-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Melaine, thanks again for heads up on the deal. Ours came and it looked brand new. We had family over for dinner tonight and DD used it for the first time to sit at main table with the rest of us. It was perfect, I love how I am able to push her right up to the table, and she can eat from a plate instead of a tray.

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
2 in Natural up for $119.50!
http://www.wayfair.com/Stokke-Classic-Tripp-Trapp-High-Chair-in-Natural-144401-SKK1446.html?clearance=true

nicoleandjackson
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
2 in Natural up for $119.50!
http://www.wayfair.com/Stokke-Classic-Tripp-Trapp-High-Chair-in-Natural-144401-SKK1446.html?clearance=true

Rats! That was fast...

smiles33
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Damn, they're gone already!

chottumommy
11-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks got one. It matches the one that we already have. I got the first one for $120 at gap when they allowed stacking F&F with other codes and now this at $119. Totally thrilled.

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks got one. It matches the one that we already have. I got the first one for $120 at gap when they allowed stacking F&F with other codes and now this at $119. Totally thrilled.

Yay - glad you were able to snag one! Now if I could just get myself to stop obsessively stalking their clearance section since I do.not.need.anything!!!:p

elbenn
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Yay - glad you were able to snag one! Now if I could just get myself to stop obsessively stalking their clearance section since I do.not.need.anything!!!:p

But if you keep stalking, you can let me know if another Frontier comes up!

elbenn
11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
I have one in natural in my cart. I was thinking about getting it as a desk chair, but I don't need it so I won't be getting it. It is only $119! This is even cheaper than they were last week. Anyway, I put it in my cart about 5 minutes ago, so it should become available again in about 25 minutes. If anyone wants one, grab it when it becomes available!

amldaley
11-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Where do these come up? Do I have to go to Sale? Or just the page with all the Tripp Trapps?

chottumommy
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Just saw one more come up.

amldaley
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
WHERE???????????????????? I keep refreshing the dang page with the Tripp Trapps and never see any on sale!?

amldaley
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, so I found the listing for the Natural chair but it says N/A and $0.00

Do I just keep looking at the Sale High Chair listing and keep refreshing?

I find it so annoying that they list stuff that is N/A. Their covers-out sling book racks have been N/A listed for a week now. REMOVE THE LISTING ALREADY!

Minnifer
11-14-2011, 04:48 PM

I find it so annoying that they list stuff that is N/A. Their covers-out sling book racks have been N/A listed for a week now. REMOVE THE LISTING ALREADY!

Yes, if there's something in particular you want that is moving quickly, it's best to have the page open and keep refreshing. You could also go to the High Chairs page under Clearance - Baby & Kids and just keep refreshing that to see if any TTs come up (that way you'll see other colors too), but I'm guessing you'll see the N/A item there until someone checks out with it? Not really sure how long or why the N/A item stays on the site. For regular browsing I just go under Clearance - Baby & Kids periodically to see what's new there.

But if you keep stalking, you can let me know if another Frontier comes up!

Haha, I'll do my best :D

chottumommy
11-14-2011, 04:53 PM

Yes, you need to keep refreshing but that natural one was snatched by one of my colleagues. I passed on the link to her. :(

KpbS
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I am looking for another one too!

Melaine
11-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I would call them and just ask. They were shockingly friendly and helpful and they might be able to put their hands on one (it sounded like the warehouse was right there) and snag it for you before it even goes up. I was so impressed by their CS, as I've mentioned.

Snow mom
11-14-2011, 10:32 PM
More naturals up now.

LAMom
11-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, could not resist the price...got a natural for 119. :)

Melaine
11-15-2011, 08:13 AM
I got two (one for DS2 adn one for my sister who is pg). I got one for my other sis who is also pg a few days ago. She ordered one as well (having twins) and somehow they charged her for 3 TT and 3 babysets. She called to fix it to 2 TT and 2 babysets. They canceled 2 of teh TT. She's not very happy w/them right now. SHe wants walnut, so I'm hoping they pop up again.

What a shame!

Momit
11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
I got two (one for DS2 adn one for my sister who is pg). I got one for my other sis who is also pg a few days ago. She ordered one as well (having twins) and somehow they charged her for 3 TT and 3 babysets. She called to fix it to 2 TT and 2 babysets. They canceled 2 of teh TT. She's not very happy w/them right now. SHe wants walnut, so I'm hoping they pop up again.

Shoot, too bad I don't live near you. I wanted natural but gave up and got walnut ( which is beautiful, just doesn't match our furniture quite as well). We just assembled it 2 days ago. Resisting temptation to buy a natural and sell this one...

maylips
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
DH doesn't understand why it costs $100+ tho since it's very IKEA like. I think it's totally worth it.

Anyone else kind of worried DC will use it as a ladder and try to climb OVER it? DS (19 months) tried this at first, but then stopped and used it properly....but I don't trust him completely.

Your DH will change his mind. My DH wasn't on board when I got ours 3 years ago and now he admits it's probably our best baby purchase. And it is high quality - I scrub and scrub that thing and it wears so well - no scratches or anything (unlike our Ikea kitchen table, which looks terrible)

My kids both tried to climb over it but they just had to learn that's not allowed. I do use it as a step stool instead of having a Learning Tower as well, so the kids do stand on it from time to time.

mama2g03
11-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Melaine, just wanted to say thank you for helping so many of us score Tripp Trapps! DD2 loves her new chair and it is working out fantastically. So glad to get rid of the high chair and it goes great with our dining furniture. Best deal of the year for me.

twotimesblue
11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the clearance prices have gone up exponentially overnight?? The Stokke baby sets were $30 yesterday but are priced at $51 today. Most of the other 'clearance' items seem to have had their prices raised, too

ash
11-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the clearance prices have gone up exponentially overnight?? The Stokke baby sets were $30 yesterday but are priced at $51 today. Most of the other 'clearance' items seem to have had their prices raised, too

Yes! Several things I was looking at were cheaper yesterday. Guess I'm not meant to buy them...my husband will be so proud:applause:

Minnifer
11-15-2011, 04:43 PM

Ugh, yes - I noticed the increases while I was stalking the site last night and I've been kicking myself ever since then for not buying a kid table and chairs set when they were 50% off (they're only 15% off now). I just assumed b/c they had been there at the lower price for a good while, that they would stay at that price until they sold. Doesn't make much sense for the price to go UP on clearance items, after all. I'm *so* annoyed!:duh:

mum-to-be
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Ugh, yes - I noticed the increases while I was stalking the site last night and I've been kicking myself ever since then for not buying a kid table and chairs set when they were 50% off (they're only 15% off now). I just assumed b/c they had been there at the lower price for a good while, that they would stay at that price until they sold. Doesn't make much sense for the price to go UP on clearance items, after all. I'm *so* annoyed!:duh:

Now I'm kicking myself on the table and chairs too. I didn't really need one since we already have a nice little one, but this one is longer so the kids would have space for the pens to sit in the middle rather than on top of their drawings. And their finished drawings could sit in the middle of the table rather than being swiped onto the floor. I'm not sure DH would have been so happy about it so maybe it is a good thing that I am not buying it after all.

kaharris83
11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
As a long time CSN/Wayfair clearance stalker I have noticed the pricing ups and downs as well. They usually only last a few days, at most, and they go back to the lower price.

Minnifer
11-15-2011, 06:46 PM
As a long time CSN/Wayfair clearance stalker I have noticed the pricing ups and downs as well. They usually only last a few days, at most, and they go back to the lower price.

Phew, that's good news - I'll keep stalking! :D

mum-to-be
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Phew, that's good news - I'll keep stalking! :D

Yes! And I'll work on DH in the mean time...

Melaine
11-16-2011, 04:16 PM
thought I would update my sister's experience. She had ordered 2 TT, was billed for 3, called to cancel 1, they only shipped 1 and they somehow canceled 2 of them.

She called again to complain and try to figure things out. They are shipping her a new one and she should get it in 2-3 weeks.

I'm glad to hear it.:applause: