PDA

View Full Version : Botched banana bread

hillview
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
I made banana bread and I am not sure what happened but when I took it out of the pan it came out in chunks. So either I:
- didn't grease the bread pan well enough (I did butter it)
- didn't wait for it to cool enough before removing it from the pan (I waited 3 mins or so ... recipe said to wait 10 mins)
- didn't cook it enough -- it tasted done so don't think this was the issue

We are eating it but it doesn't look super nice ...

TIA
/hillary

bigsis
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Maybe you just need to grease it more. But at least it still tastes good :) If you don't want to fuss with the loaf next time, try putting them in cupcake tins with the liner...perfectly proportioned, portable, no fuss. Just an afterthought, you did put an egg to bind, right?

rin
11-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I've never had good luck getting cakes/banana breads/etc to come cleanly out of their pans, so now, unless I'm using a springform pan or something with a removable bottom, or making a sheet cake that doesn't have to be taken out of the pan whole, I always just line the bottom with waxed paper. (I also grease the sides.) Works like a dream!

hellokitty
11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I've had that happen when I tried to flip the cake/break out before it cooled enough.

Smillow
11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
At least it tasted good! Once I made banana muffins & either the baking powder was too old or I mixed up baking powder & baking soda and the muffins had a horrible chemically taste. I froze them & later made bread pudding with them & it totally worked - it was delicious!

hillview
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM
thanks all! I did add eggs. I think cupcakes are the way to go. It was yummy! I also prefer the crust so cupcakes would be easier. Thanks all!