PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller would you pick for WDW?

DrSally
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm asking here b/c there are so many knowledgable stroller moms here. I'm going to rent a double for the week for WDW. I have a 5.5 year old boy and 3 yo girl. Both don't really ride much, but they like to sit on the "board" part of the double I have at home. I imagine they'll want to hitch a ride for longer walks. Am looking for comfort and good storage. Given that, which would you choose (all are about $90 for the week):

Bob Revolution SE Duallie
City Double
City Elite double (what's the difference btwn the elite and regular?)

http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/

BabyBearsMom
11-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Are your kids on the tall side? Given the ages, I am assuming they are tall, so I would go with one of the Baby Joggers. My super tall 19 month old looks like she would grow out of a BOB within a year, so I feel like it might not work for older kids.

Will you be folding the stroller, taking it in and out of car etc? Do you or your DH have back problems? I ask because the BJCE-Double is super heavy. I have a bad back and when we played with it in the store, I could barely lift it. If I knew my DH would be around to do all of the lifting though, or if no trunks were involved in the trip, I would go with the BJCE because it is nice and roomy. I think it would be really comfy for bigger kids. My DD looked like a peanut when we put her in that seat and she never looks like a peanut. If there is going to be lots of lifting, the BJCM-Double is a great choice. Nice tall seats, easy fold, relatively light weight. The BJCE will have a better push with those air tires, but the BJCM has large tires and I think Disney is relatively flat, so it wouldn't be a problem.

DrSally
11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow, thanks for the great review. DS is pretty tall for his age, at least 42", not sure how much he weighs, maybe 45 lbs?. DD is on the smaller size for her age. Neither of us have bad backs. We'd prob only be folding/lifting out of trunk at the WDW parking lot (or on the monorail/boat/bus, but not sure how often we'll take those--we're staying offsite). So, I'd prob go w/more comfort vs. lighter. DH will always be there, so he can lift when necessary. Thanks for the differences btwn the BJCE and BJCM.

DrSally
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I reserved the BJCE, looked like it was more spacious than the BJCM, for our larger children. My question is, should I get some sort of stroller lock for when we leave it outside of attractions? There was an insurance option, but I didn't see a price.

crl
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
You can't lock it to anything at WDW, the cast members are perpetually rearranging the strollers. I just took my chances with my Cybex Onyx.

Catherine

DrSally
11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh, I see. Hopefully WDW isn't a hotbed of stroller thieves, b/c we're renting one expensive stroller.

crl
11-09-2011, 12:59 AM
If you are really worried, you can lock the stroller to itself, I think. But I saw much more expensive strollers unlocked there everyday (Bugs, etc). I know that strollers are stolen there--in fact I think someone posted here about theirs being stolen? My Cybex wasn't super expensive though I did leave a couple of Skip Hop saddle bags on the sides that probably would have tempted someone into thinking there might be something valuable there (there wasn't, they had spare diapers, water, formula, etc). I just decided not to worry about it.

Catherine

DrSally
11-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Just wanted to report that the BJCE was awesome!! It was roomy, seats were like lounge chairs for the kids. They could hop on and off at will (didn't use the harness). The tires and suspension were so nice. Love the caddy by the handle bar. We loaded it up with our water bottles, camera, phone, hand sanitizer, etc. The storage underneith was big enough to fit our backpack and soft sided cooler. They had to be wedged in there, but they fit. With that top caddy though, we could easily access everything we needed. I kept my wallet with me in my cargo pocket, so there was nothing of value on the stroller (camera and phone not withstanding). We left it all over Disney with no problems. The stoller parking staff were really nice, flipping the cover over the handlebar caddy for us, putting the sunshade down to keep the stroller from getting hot. Oh, that's the other thing, the sunshades were big and very helpful. We only had to fold and lift it in and out of the trunk (our bags were at the hotel, so room in the trunk was not an issue), and on the tram (didn't have to fold on the boat). DH did that, so the weight wasn't an issue, Lol. Also, the rental company dropped it off and it was waiting for us in the hotel luggage room. We did the same thing for drop off. Very easy! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

WatchingThemGrow
11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
With that top caddy though, we could easily access everything we needed... Would do it again in a heartbeat.
Isn't that parent console the best thing ever??? I've been using a friend's BOB Duallie to push my boys uphill to get DD from school and I've MISSED that console something horrible. The puny bob console that fits 2 drinks, a cell and keys is useless in comparison. DH and I decided today that we were going to take just the BJCED to Disney and SeaWorld next month for all 3 DC to ride on. We put the Hitchhiker on the back and someone sits down below. It'll work for most stuff there except the parade. The lone walking DC can also sit on the front in the footwell if they lean back a little bit. I look forward to using it a lot again after using the BOB for a few months.

crl
11-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Glad the stroller worked so well!

Catherine