PDA

View Full Version : Does your DD have...

ha98ed14
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
the Sketchers Twinkle Toes that light up?

HIU8
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
No. DD's feet are to wide for that shoe (thank goodness b/c I despise light up shoes--BTDT with DS and so glad he outgrew them).

WatchingThemGrow
11-08-2011, 09:16 PM
No, but she has wanted them badly for over a year. I just can't bring myself to buy them, and I definitely wouldn't consider sending her to school in them. I'll never forget the light up shoes that made a CRASHING sound on one of my kindergarteners, who happened to be DEAF and ADHD. Can you imagine a hyperactive child wearing shoes that light up and "crash" every time he moved? :dizzy:

fivi2
11-08-2011, 09:19 PM
yes, we are on our second set of twinkle toes. They wear them to school every day - I don't see it as a problem (Kindergarten). IMO the light isn't very obvious in daylight. The teachers don't seem to mind. I don't know - I hate wheelies and shoes that make noise, but never had a problem with Twinkle Toes.

They are very popular here.

dcmom2b3
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
No. I managed to draw that line in our shoe shopping trip last Friday. But honestly, the non-lighted version (which I hesitantly bought for her) are so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical that it really doesn't matter. In hindsight, the lights would have made her more visible when we walk home from school in the dark now that DST is over, so maybe I made a mistake. Sigh.

OK, I realize that was more than you wanted to know, but I needed to put that out there. It's the first divergence of her taste from mine, and I'm still a little flustered by the whole situation.

Melaine
11-08-2011, 09:24 PM
No but if I found a deal I'd be fine with them. My kids looooove their sparkle-y bejeweled mary janes from Target and have almost worn them out completely.

cono0507
11-08-2011, 09:29 PM
My 4 yr DD really wanted the light up ones but I just hate light up shoes so she has the twinkle toes that don't light up. I wasn't so sure about them at first but they look super cute when she wears them. They are growng on me. :)

TwinFoxes
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
DDs had Carter's pairs this summer. I remember about 15 years ago a little boy in my apartment complex had light up shoes. I had never seen them before and thought they were awesome! (I was in college). I still think they're cool. :)

pb&j
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical
:hysterical:

I have no problem with light up or sparklyfabutastical shoes, but I am cheap, so DD usually wears fairly plain sneakers, unless Grammy takes her shoe shopping.

hoodlims
11-09-2011, 12:22 AM
I saw those at Nordstrom Rack today.

wellyes
11-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Kohls has them.
I let DD try them on & was prepared to get them if she liked them. But I was pretty relieved when she didn't. I don't hate the light-up factor but those board-style shoes offer very little foot support. I wear that style (converse), they're fine for "fashion sneakers" but little kids run all the time & need real shoes!

momtoonegirl
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
DD had a pair of the Kohls jumping beans light up shoes that she just outgrew. She was so sad that I just caved and bought her a pair of the twinkle toes from JcPenney on sale for $19.99 yesterday. They are very popular in her school with the K, 1st, 2nd grade girls.

new_mommy25
11-09-2011, 05:37 AM
No but she did have regular (non light up) Twinkle Toes. They were super cute and recently outgrown. I'm thinking about buying her another pair and if she wants lights that is fine with me. Her PE sneakers are Geox and those light up, which was her criteria when we were shoe shopping.

mommytoC
11-09-2011, 07:56 AM
They don't...I've tended to prefer Velcro shoes, even for DD#1 (although they're harder to come by now that she's wearing a youth size 2). That being said, if she really, really wanted a pair, and I found a good deal, I'd go ahead and buy them :).

swissair81
11-09-2011, 08:24 AM
I hate light up shoes. They aren't even offered as an option when we go shoe shopping.

mecawa
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
No, one is to young, the other one (almost 8) didn't even know about them until she started at the new school (private school for 3 years before this, so uniform shoes everyday, she hadn't a clue of twinkle toes or lelli kelly's) and at that point I had bought all her school clothes/shoes. She does now want them however because it's what all the other little girls have so Santa bring a pair, or she may get them for her bday this Dec.

AnnieW625
11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
No. DD's feet are to wide for that shoe (thank goodness b/c I despise light up shoes--BTDT with DS and so glad he outgrew them).

:yeahthat:

Moneypenny
11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
She does. They are very popular in her school. I'm not normally a supporter of light up shoes, but she needed new tennies. I told her I'd contribute the cost of a non light up pair of sneakers and she could use her allowance money to make up the difference if she really wanted the Twinkle Toes. She went for it and now loves her Twinkle Toes.

iaam
11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, and she loves them (she's 19 months old)! They are by far her favorite pair of shoes to wear (although her boots, also Skechers but without the lights are a close second). I got her current pair and two more pairs (for the next two sizes up) on sale for $10 each at Footlocker a few weeks ago.

The only time the lights bothered me was when we were on a transatlantic flight at night and her shoes kept lighting up our entire row. As soon as she feel asleep, I took them off!

Clarity
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes they do. My 5yo had a pair last year and my 3yo has this pair now: http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/38527-5131006/Skechers/Purple/Kids'+Funkadelic+Tod.aspx.

They're cute, dd loves them and I find that people stop to talk to the kids and I more frequently because of them, if only to comment on her shoes. I LIKE that people approach us with a smile on their face when they see my dd's coming with their twinkle toes on. But, yes, they can be distracting. I try not to wear them when dd is going to the movies although I did forget about this the day that we went to the planetarium. :oops:

tarahsolazy
11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes, I got her a pair this summer. They are a converse all-star type, and light up. I don't like most light up shoes, which are IME either cheapie vinyl character jobs or white Stride Rites that look like grannie sneakers, or ten pound boy Sketchers. I didn't know Geox made light-up shoes, I suspect those would meet my appearance preference as well.

However, I think the Twinkle Toes are super cute, I love the converse style, and DD thinks they are awesome.

And a testimonial, I washed DD's in the washer on a normal cycle (its a front-loader FWIW), and they cleaned up nicely and STILL LIGHT UP!

nfowife
11-09-2011, 04:00 PM
DD has a pair in her next size up waiting for her (B1G1 half off). Right now she's in lelly kelly which are pretty loud themselves.

I saw a bunch at Ross last night for $20. They are very popular!

zag95
11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes, though she won't be wearing them until spring. Grandma bought them for her for school. DH and I got her a pr of "flashy" SR shoes and then decided that we had too many "flashy" shoes in the same size. So I exchanged the Twinkle Toes at Nordy's for the next size up....., which should be spring time.....

I figure, since she's 4, she'll grow out of the this phase in a yr or two, right?!!;)

ha98ed14
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
No. I managed to draw that line in our shoe shopping trip last Friday. But honestly, the non-lighted version (which I hesitantly bought for her) are so loud, so disco, so rainbow-licous and sparklyfabutastical that it really doesn't matter. In hindsight, the lights would have made her more visible when we walk home from school in the dark now that DST is over, so maybe I made a mistake. Sigh.

OK, I realize that was more than you wanted to know, but I needed to put that out there. It's the first divergence of her taste from mine, and I'm still a little flustered by the whole situation.

Same here! Flustered! DD has had a pair of regular Twinkle Toes for over a year. I got them at Nordie Rack for $22, which seemed reasonable for what they were. They still fit. Since school started, she has come home twice and said that So'nSo said her shoes were not pretty because they do not light up. Ok, fine, whatever.

Then Tuesday we were at the mall and I went to Nordstom to use their very kid-friendly bathroom, which of course is located right by the kids' section. DD saw the light up Twinkle Toes and asked for them. I said no. I just could not bring myself to pay $47 for a pair of shoes so similar to the ones she has.

Since I get almost all her shoes (so far they've been stride rites and 2 pr of Lelli Kellys) on clearance for $25 give or take, $47 feels like highway robbery! But I feel bad that my baby feels uncool. (How sad is that?!?! Living vicariously, are we? Ugh. Mean mom.) If I could find them for under $30, I would probably by them just to not feel bad.