PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera recs for 7 yr old? Under $50?

keckert
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey ladies!

I'd like to get my 7 year old a digital camera for Christmas this year. My budget is $50. Any recs for a decent camera at that price? Anyone know of any killer Black Friday deals coming up for these?

I'd rather get a regular camera instead of a 'kiddie' one...although a bonus would be to find one in pink.

KLD313
11-09-2011, 01:23 PM
There are a couple on amazon but they're al little more. There's a canon and kodak but they're in the 70 tp 75 dollar range. I actually have the canon and it takes nice pics but it's blue. The kodak one is like a turquoise blue so no pink.

Mommy2Abby
11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm very interested in this, too.

My almost 4yo has one of the kid cameras, but the pics are horrible quality.

She loves taking pics with my Canon elph camera (and actually does a pretty good job...!), but I worry about her dropping my camera....

Are there any good adult ones that you can recommend for a kid? (Perhaps some that are a bit sturdier but take good pics?)

wifecat
11-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Adding another q to this topic...if you were able to snag a brand new V-Tech Kidzoom in pink for $25 (great reviews on amazon, but reportedly not the best pics), would you pick it up for a 3 yr old or just give them a hand-me-down point and shoot digital (which is a Canon powershot in blue, kind of the backup camera to our DSLR). TIA!

cicada
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Adding another q to this topic...if you were able to snag a brand new V-Tech Kidzoom in pink for $25 (great reviews on amazon, but reportedly not the best pics), would you pick it up for a 3 yr old or just give them a hand-me-down point and shoot digital (which is a Canon powershot in blue, kind of the backup camera to our DSLR). TIA!

You know best what your 3 y.o. is like, but I'd say the hand-me-down camera may work. We got our son a Kodak EasyShare C195 for his 5th birthday, and his 2 y.o. sister does surprisingly well with it. We have a Fisher Price kiddie camera that the kids never use.

Aishe
11-10-2011, 01:57 AM
How about this one for $59? It gets good reviews and it's even pink.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=15105295&findingMethod=rr