PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pa's out. Officially, effective immediately. Ditto PSU president

brittone2
11-09-2011, 11:45 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/joe-paterno-fired-penn-state-football-coach-president-graham-spanier-child-sex-abuse-scandal-board-of-trustees-meeting-110911

DietCokeLover
11-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Really glad to see this.

larig
11-09-2011, 11:57 PM
shocked. speechless. I am one who did not see this happening, but think it is the right thing.

niccig
11-10-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm not surprised. With them still there, they'll be the focus of any football game/university event. This scandal isn't going away, but the university will want to show that they're now handling it. I've read a couple articles today that found his statement about the Trustees no wasting anytime on his status and that he will finish out the season, as being egotistical. He doesn't get to decide if he stays, the university, his employer, does.

jse107
11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
It's also a business decision.

eagle
11-10-2011, 12:38 AM
i dont care about his career. im so glad hes out.

the whole thing makes me want to puke

ha98ed14
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
It's also a business decision.

:yeahthat: Personally I think Penn State is just distancing itself from the newest liability. They want to redeem the football program and J.P. & Assoc. are their sacrificial lambs. All it shows is that the Legend is bigger than the man. Had no one found out, he would still be there.

sntm
11-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Of course, Curley and the other one are still techinically employed. They should have been the first fired.

Clarity
11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Why should Curley and Shultz have been fired first? They were all culpable. I don't buy this "Joe Pa informed his superiors". They may have been superiors on paper but we all know that's not how it works in reality. Winning coaches are above reproach, walk like G*ds on campus and report almost singularly to the University president/board. Joe Pa is just as to blame for what happened as they are. He could have pursued, should have pursued, the issue and he didn't.

sntm
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I agree he should have pursued it, that he is morally wrong in the decisions that he made, and I agree with his firing. But the other two DELIBERATELY chose to cover it up. Paterno passed the buck, but those two sat on it.

BabyH
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Good. Now I want to see the NCAA make PSU vacate everything from the past 10 years.

Maybe this sounds harsh, but I can't help it. Paterno (IMO) didn't fulfill his moral obligation as a human being in regards to this scandal.

Kindra178
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Good. Now I want to see the NCAA make PSU vacate everything from the past 10 years.

Maybe this sounds harsh, but I can't help it. Paterno (IMO) didn't fulfill his moral obligation as a human being in regards to this scandal.

I agree. The NCAA screwed USC for something that was totally and completely (well, mostly) out of their control. What Reggie Bush may or may not have done cannot compare to this.