PDA

View Full Version : The wretched scent of Clorox Greenworks Detergent

amldaley
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Ugh. I normally use Biokleeon or 7th Generation unscented.

But Clorox Greenworks was cheaper AND I had a coupon, so I bought it.

I grabbed my jeans from the dryer this a.m. and hastily dressed.

I noticed a little scent but I had no time to mess around. Out the door I went.

In the car, I noticed my jeans feel slick. And I feel sick.

Now, in the warmth of my 75 degree office, the smell is overpowering. Sinuses are totally bothered, I am getting a headache and the smell is making me want to puke. And I have to wear this ALL DAY (b/c they REALLY frown on me sitting around my office with no pants on).

WTH? WHY must laundry detergent be scented??????????? Why is a 90 something percent natural detergent scented? And not scented like anything occuring in nature?

Anyone else have this issue? I normally do an extra rinse on all my laundry due to "scent"sitive skin and nose, but I was in a hurry....would that have helped this overwhelming odor?????????????

Seriously. DH gets off work today at 0800 (USMC Birthday!) - maybe I should ask him to drive over and bring me some unscented pants.....

amldaley
11-10-2011, 09:18 AM
I am not sure I can sit with myself a whole day. I can't ignore it. I can't tune it out.

hellokitty
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
I have noticed that since we switched to Charlie's Soap laundry detergent if we use my mil's laundry machine (and detergent), I think that her tide smells disgustingly strong and it gives me a headache. I agree though, why call it, "natural" when they are going to add a bunch of unnatural scents to it.

Smillow
11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I have had to give away more than one bottle of laundry detergent (and dishwashing liquid) because I could not deal with the scent... Now I only buy the free & clears for laundry & the known tolerable scents for dishes! It stinks!

MamaMolly
11-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Add me to the list of people who prefer unscented. And imagine the horrors of a MIL who washes in Tide, dries with Febreez Bounce (talk about redundant!!), and had plastic garbage bags with Febreez scent. Oh, and those Renuzit gel cones in the bathrooms. GAG!

amldaley
11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
I have had to give away more than one bottle of laundry detergent (and dishwashing liquid) because I could not deal with the scent... Now I only buy the free & clears for laundry & the known tolerable scents for dishes! It stinks!

Yeah, this bottle will be dropped off at the local womens shelter. Not b/c they should have to suffer the smell, but I know they always need cleaning products there.

crl
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
No comment on the detergent, but happy birthday to your husband and thank you for the reminder, I always miss wishing dh a happy birthday. (Marines have this custom of wishing each other happy birthday on the Marine Corps' birthday.)

Catherine

amldaley
11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Add me to the list of people who prefer unscented. And imagine the horrors of a MIL who washes in Tide, dries with Febreez Bounce (talk about redundant!!), and had plastic garbage bags with Febreez scent. Oh, and those Renuzit gel cones in the bathrooms. GAG!

Between the Febreeze and the Renuzit, I am not sure I would be able to even be in her home!!!!!!!!!

overcome
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
I am not sure I can sit with myself a whole day. I can't ignore it. I can't tune it out.

I would feel the same way.

daisymommy
11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the warning! I'm a Biokleen user who has almost bought Greenworks when it had a coupon attached. I think I'll pass next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTsMom
11-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes! I bought several bottles of it at Lowes once b/c it was discounted to such an extremely low price, I couldn't believe it. I did one load, returned the rest, and gave the open bottle away. It was awful. Scented stuff makes me feel really sick now that I've given it all up.

A few weeks ago I tried some type of Palmolive "pure and natural" or something b/c it was BOGOF. Similar experience. I had to throw it out. It's one thing to scent the heck out of regular stuff, but when you're billing a product as natural and "free and clear", and scenting it like that, it really ticks me off.