PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a Toro Micralite for $200 on Kids.Woot

mctlaw
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Kids.Woot is selling the Toro Micralite for $200. I am a stroller novice, having relied upon a Graco and then a Maclaren for DC 1! I did some quick research before finalizing the deal and though not much was said about the stroller on this board, it seems to get overall great reviews for what I intend to use it for - mostly neighborhood walking with light use as an all-terrain. The main criticisms were the measly basket and the wide front wheels, neither of which should be an issue for me, personally. The Maclaren I have is from one of their higher end lines, still in great shape, and I will still use it when the new DC is of age for travel, shopping, etc.

I love strollers with a different look and unusual colors and until now had been eyeing the Bumbleride Indie.

It seems like a huge bargain at $200 as the stroller appears to be retailing for $450-$500. Am I missing something or did I get an awesome deal (mostly I am looking for someone to tell me yes, I admit :loveeyes:). It looks like I can resell the stroller at a good price if I am not in love with it. Also, of course I wanted to spread the word in case anyone else wants to get this stroller. Colors are black, orange, or emerald.

Thanks for the feedback stroller-istas!

crl
11-10-2011, 11:16 AM
I hope you love it! I looked at the toro but ended up with a Swift and then an Indie, mainly I thought I'd have trouble with the wide front wheels since I was used to a 3 wheeler and I use mine in shops and other indoor spaces.

I'm no expert but it seems like a good price to me. There was just one listed on my CL when I was researching and I think it was listed for $300 in good used condition.

What color did you get?

Catherine

arivecchi
11-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I had one briefly. It's a nice stroller but the seat is small. It should work great for an infant-2 though. I would get the bassinet for a newborn. It's not as smooth a ride as an AT stroller but smoother than an umbrella stroller for sure. $200 is a good price. I resold mine on CL for $200.

legaleagle
11-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Seems like a good deal to me! Note that micralite is no longer going to be distributed in the US, so if you really want any accessories (extended handles, rideon board, sunshades, liners, etc), I would probably try to buy them ASAP.

KLD313
11-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I just bought one too but now I'm regretting it. I bid on one a couple days ago on eBay and then kept hoping that I would get outbid and I did. Then I thought about rebidding at the end of the auction. I checked kids woot, it was cheapest than eBay and I really wanted the emerald so I ordered. Now I thinkni made a mistake. I figured I could use it for the winter instead of my Bee I have a Swift too but hate the fold so dont want to use it as a car stroller. Anyway,i do think it's a great price and I hope I can resell it when I'm done.

mctlaw
11-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks all! CRL, I got the Emerald. I love the color!

Legaleagle, thanks for the tip. I will look at the accessories to see if there are any I might need.

Arivecchi, maybe I will trade it in for my original stroller of lust, the Indie, when the DC starts to outgrow it!

legaleagle
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh, love the emerald! I've thought about buying just because I really want a green stroller, thought I have no use for it.

mom3boys
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
There is one listed on my CL (used) for $300 and one brand new, out of box for $400. So it seems like a good deal--Congrats on your purchase!

Kaylee31
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Great stroller! It's definitely not a replacement for a true AT. Unless you get the AT wheel kit for it, but the rear air wheels definitely give it a smoother ride than an umbrella stroller. I like that it takes a carrycot, and would work well for PT & urban use. I got the stroller & carrycot for a steal on Ebay and ended up selling both together for $300.

mctlaw
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Great, thanks. Looks like resale should be good but sounds like I should look into the wheel kit before it is no longer available in US.