PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* flubbed the interview

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
11-10-2011, 12:41 PM
This was the job I really wanted. Not only because things are bad here at my current job, but also because it's literally less than a mile from my home. :cry::cry:

Feeling sad. How long should I allocate for my own pity party before I kick myself in the pants and tell myself to be happy that I have a well-paying job to begin with?

Globetrotter
11-10-2011, 12:44 PM
:hug: Another opportunity will come along, something that is an even better fit for you! And you never know.. maybe you underestimated yourself.

joules
11-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Is it something that is sort of fixable? Can you address your flub in a thank you/follow up letter to the interview. When we were interviewing, we actually liked the people who were nervous more....you could tell that this job was really important to them.

I did really bad in several interviews before I got this job. I did so bad in one that I just gave up and at the end said "I didn't get the job, did I?".

Hugs to you. It's so frustrating.

crl
11-10-2011, 02:18 PM
:hug:

Catherine

maestramommy
11-10-2011, 02:55 PM
:hug: Chalk it up to experience for the next interview. it'll come!

trcy
11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
:hug: Interviews are the worst...I hate them. Something even better will come along.

gatorsmom
11-10-2011, 03:35 PM
This was the job I really wanted. Not only because things are bad here at my current job, but also because it's literally less than a mile from my home. :cry::cry:

Feeling sad. How long should I allocate for my own pity party before I kick myself in the pants and tell myself to be happy that I have a well-paying job to begin with?

I was 15 minutes late for a job interview once- as a Human Resources Supervisor. And I knew at the time I wasn't qualified for the job (I had NO HR managerial experience). But I got it anyway. The hiring manager was really impressed with other qualities about me that he thought would be a great fit for the job. So, who knows? Maybe you did better than you thought???

liz
11-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry you are feeling down- interviews are SO stressful. :hug: