PDA

View Full Version : BBBers, you rock.

larig
11-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Feeling sentimental and introspective today....

I just want you all to have a great day. This place has helped me in so many ways and I hope that I can give back just a fraction of what I get from you all.

Thanks to all who post so thoughtfully and are willing to share their advice, expertise and care. You are very special to me.

mommylamb
11-10-2011, 02:46 PM
:grouphug: Right back at ya!

This really is a very special place. If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be posting in an online community and actually feel like I had become close friends with people I'd never met in real life, I would have laughed at you. But here I am, and I'm very grateful for it.

peanut520
11-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Awww. You are pretty rockin' :jammin: yourself

arivecchi
11-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Could not agree with you more! This community is amazing - dust-ups and all! :tongue5:

boolady
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Could not agree with you more! This community is amazing - dust-ups and all! :tongue5:

Yup! I would never have believed I would feel so comfortable sharing some of the things I share here and saying some of the things I say here, but this place is very special to me, too. :grouphug:

AnnieW625
11-10-2011, 03:06 PM
I am seriously addicted to this place! Thanks for being there through the good, and bad.

liz
11-10-2011, 04:42 PM
This really is a very special place.

If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be posting in an online community with people I'd never met in real life, I would have laughed at you.

:yeahthat: I was thinking the same thing just the other morning as I was driving to work!

SkyrMommy
11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
:grouphug: There are so many wonderful things I've learned from you all. Thank you, this is a great place.

boolady
11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Now if only we could all actually just meet for a drink after a long week, that would be perfection.

Beth24
11-10-2011, 05:44 PM
A big :yeahthat: to all the sentiments posted!
:heartbeat:

KpbS
11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Now if only we could all actually just meet for a drink after a long week, that would be perfection.

:yeahthat: So fun :)

smiles33
11-10-2011, 06:22 PM
:54: A toast to all the BBBers who make this a great place! I sincerely thank you all for insightful and thoughtful posts, as well as sharing great deals. My pocketbook is probably less happy given all the items I otherwise probably wouldn't have purchased, like the Anthro poncho!), :D

larig
11-10-2011, 06:35 PM
:54: A toast to all the BBBers who make this a great place! I sincerely thank you all for insightful and thoughtful posts, as well as sharing great deals. My pocketbook is probably less happy given all the items I otherwise probably wouldn't have purchased, like the Anthro poncho!), :D

but you got good deals, no?

The amount I saved on my frontier alone would buy me a couple of ponchos!!!

ETA: and yeah, I'd love to meet for a drink.

sste
11-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Aw, Larig, I always feel like I am in your debt for all your excellent advice.

And everyone else's here too!

Remember all, we must cling to these important sentiments as the holiday board orneries hit all of us in the next few months. :)

elektra
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
So many fun, intelligent, caring, thoughtful, fashionable BBB'ers!
Don't know what I would do without you ladies!

wencit
11-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I :heartbeat: this board. This is the place I come to most often, day in and day out. None of the other online communities I have seen come close to being remotely as interesting, funny, thoughtful, and respectful as the BBB. Love this place!

JoyNChrist
11-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I love this place. I've come and gone a few times, and I always miss y'all so much when I'm not around.

smiles33
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
but you got good deals, no?

The amount I saved on my frontier alone would buy me a couple of ponchos!!!

ETA: and yeah, I'd love to meet for a drink.

LOL--you are SO right. The money I've saved on my carseats, my BJCMD that I bought for Disneyland thanks to BBB advice (sold it for the same price I paid for it after 6 months of use!), the Amazon toy deals (like the Radio Flyer walker wagon for $50), and countless other items has been AWESOME.

mackmama
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Funny I almost posted this exact same thing yesterday. I am so appreciate of this forum and all that everyone offers.

dcmom2b3
11-10-2011, 09:14 PM

:yeahthat:

If I were ever to hit Powerball, one of the things highest on my wish list would be to host an all-expenses-paid BBB meet-up weekend. With wine.

This community has carried me during some very difficult times, tipped me to bargains, served as my operating manual for the Bunny (what does it mean when she does X . . . .?)

You all have informed me, made me a better parent, made me think, love and laugh along the way. If that's not the definition of a good friend, then I don't know what is.

Thanks to everyone for your friendship, hope that I've managed to reciprocate. :grouphug:

Melbel
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for posting. I came here expecting bargains, and instead, found a community of interesting, thoughtful parents who are always quick to lend advice and support. Cheers to those sharing a virtual drink!

larig
11-10-2011, 09:28 PM

If I were ever to hit Powerball, one of the things highest on my wish list would be to host an all-expenses-paid BBB meet-up weekend. With wine.

This community has carried me during some very difficult times, tipped me to bargains, served as my operating manual for the Bunny (what does it mean when she does X . . . .?)

You all have informed me, made me a better parent, made me think, love and laugh along the way. If that's not the definition of a good friend, then I don't know what is.

Thanks to everyone for your friendship, hope that I've managed to reciprocate. :grouphug:

what a great idea! I pledge to do the same. I'm thinking Hawaii.

citymama
11-11-2011, 01:18 AM
Awww. You are pretty rockin' :jammin: yourself

:yeahthat: you make BBB a better place! It's great hanging out with you here.

And yes, I owe so much to the BBB community. You guys rock!

mommy111
11-11-2011, 01:20 AM
:grouphug: Right back at ya!

This really is a very special place. If you had told me 5 years ago that I would be posting in an online community and actually feel like I had become close friends with people I'd never met in real life, I would have laughed at you. But here I am, and I'm very grateful for it.
My feelings exactly

larig
11-11-2011, 02:31 AM
thanks to everyone for the warm fuzzes (ETA:fuzzies!! stupid auto-correct). Big virtual hugs to you all. I feel very lucky to count you all as my friends. :grouphug:

lovebebes
11-11-2011, 02:36 AM
i want to add my share of THANKS!!!

I am constantly amazed by the intelligent, thoughtful, caring and kind women on this forum. Many of you-unknowingly-have helped in so many different ways with advice and information that I don't think I could have found anywhere else!

MontrealMum
11-11-2011, 03:43 AM
:jammin:
Many thanks to all :)

mjs64
11-11-2011, 04:07 AM
I completely agree! I love this place. I would say I waste too much time here, but I don't think it's always really "wasted." I'm always telling DH what I've learned from the BBB, but more than that, it's a great place for community and support. I'm relatively new here (been hanging out for a year), but this place has been my #1 resource as a new mom. Thanks, everyone.

artvandalay
11-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Yes! This place is a wonderful resource. I just realized this month is my one year anniversary of finding this forum. I've learned many things, found some great bargains, and even feel like I've become to know a few of you.

OP, you've given me some great advice recently, I really appreciate it!

artvandalay
11-11-2011, 09:22 AM

Now that's a nice thought! :54:

mctlaw
11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I've been a member for a long time but was an infrequent poster for most of that. Only for the past year or so have I come to be around enough to realize that there is really something special about the people here. And now I have one more on the way so it looks like I'll be around for another 5 yers at least! :D

LD92599
11-11-2011, 10:29 AM

g-mama
11-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I couldn't agree more. I never in a million years thought I'd be part of an online message board, but it really is so much more than that for me.

I've thought from time to time over the years that I "waste" too much time here and that my kids are too old, I should move on, but alas, I just can't.

To quote one of my favorite movie lines, "I wish I knew how to quit you!" :jammin: