PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Thirty-One.com products??

newg
11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
DD1 is having a fundraiser at school where we can order from Thirty-One Gifts.
http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog

I have found a few things I like, but I'm wondering about the quality. They have a tote that looks like it would be a great swim bag, but I'm wondering if it would hold up.

has anyone bought from them before??

kboyle
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
i have the retro metro bag in mod dot and the canvas material is pretty sturdy. i LOVE my bag.

i have been to SEVERAL 31 parties since summer and know many people who love their products. we just ordered the organizing utility tote $25 for our two preschool teachers xmas gifts :)

sunshine873
11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Definitely good quality stuff. Which tote are you looking at for the swim bag? Is the the Large Utility tote or the Organizing Utility tote? I have them both & love them both. The large one is HUGE & I can carry everything I might possibly need for a day at the pool or beach. The Organizing tote is much easier to carry & the pockets make it very useable. It works great for a quick trip to the pool, etc. I've also seen a lot of people using this one as a diaper bag.

I would recommend them - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

newg
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I was actually thinking of getting both! The large utility tote for holding all the dress-up accessories DD is collecting and the organizing utility for the pool. The pool is inside and has toys, so the bag only holds clothes, snacks and shower stuff.
Are they easy to clean? That's my one gripe with the LE bags (which I love).....you can't clean them very well!!

hellokitty
11-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I think I am a snob. I compare 31 stuff to vera bradley stuff and feel that the VB is much better quality and the patterns are much more stylish. I esp noticed that the insulated 31 stuff looks really cheap to me, it's a very thin insulation, like something from the dollar spot at target. HOWEVER, there are a few 31 items I have eyed (the organization totes), and would consider getting. I was underimpressed with their wallets and purses and I not extremely fond of the majority of their patterns. However, they do have some cute things that I would consider getting, it just kind of depends on your tastes. I think that they would be cute for kid stuff and mostly organization stuff, but I don't think I would get any of the purses or wallets for myself, they aren't really my style, I'm still a VB girl at heart.

KrystalS
11-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I love my thirty one bags, great quality. One thing to be aware of about the utility totes they do not stand up on their own. When they are filled its great but once you start to take things out the sides collapse.

KrystalS
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I think I am a snob. I compare 31 stuff to vera bradley stuff and feel that the VB is much better quality and the patterns are much more stylish. I esp noticed that the insulated 31 stuff looks really cheap to me, it's a very thin insulation, like something from the dollar spot at target. HOWEVER, there are a few 31 items I have eyed (the organization totes), and would consider getting. I was underimpressed with their wallets and purses and I not extremely fond of the majority of their patterns. However, they do have some cute things that I would consider getting, it just kind of depends on your tastes. I think that they would be cute for kid stuff and mostly organization stuff, but I don't think I would get any of the purses or wallets for myself, they aren't really my style, I'm still a VB girl at heart.

I don't like the insulated bags either. Definitely not worth the price.

newg
11-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm a VB girl too! I was only looking at the totes with the handles. My MIL has the Large Utility for toys and I like that it's not fabric...so you just wipe it down. I am thinking the organizing tote might be nice for a swim bag because it can be wiped down. Am I wrong???
The LE bag we use now just holds the chlorine smell.

lhafer
11-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I have the utility tote that I keep in the back of my car - it holds the baby carriers (Ergo and Scootababy), a snack tray for the car, a neck pillow, a first aid kit, a bungee cord, my skip hop saddle bag that had extra clothes in it, and a few other things. When we went to the beach, I swapped all this out for 4 very large beach towels, a bucket of beach toys/sand pails, shoes, hats, sunscreen, snacks, etc.

I have the organizational tote for between my middle seats and stores toys, crayons, coloring books, books, etc that are required for road trips/day trips/extra long outings in the car.

Love them.

JoyNChrist
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I love 31, and dislike VB. ;) I think it all depends on your style preference.

Every 31 item I've purchased has held up very well. I have several utility totes, organizing totes, the backpack with the insulated front pocket, and a makeup bag. Oh, and the cute owl coin purse. Love them all.

Babymakes3
11-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I have the Retro Metro in Mod Dot as well and I really like it. It's lightweight, holds a ton, has side pockets for sippys and is cute too! The edges are fraying quite a bit but apparently that is normal and a characteristic of the bag, the lady I ordered thru said they stand behind their bags as long as you order it thru an authorized seller (not ebay or something).

luckytwenty
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
My baby has a 31 backpack he takes to daycare. It was a baby gift, and it's really cute. He's used it every day for nine months with no signs of wear at all. It might *look* flimsy but it really is well-made.