PDA

View Full Version : help pick the DD's outfits for family pics...

nfowife
11-10-2011, 04:10 PM
We are having family pics done this weekend outside, in our backyard (fall leaves, woods, etc.). It won't be cold here, high of about 70.
Here is what DH, DS, and I are wearing (with dark jeans- I might wear black pants with mine, will decide day of):
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/outfits/DSC_9325.jpg

Here are 2 options for DD1 (6.5 years old):
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/outfits/DSC_9324.jpg
She'll probably wear black boots with both, and grey tights with the dress that I have to buy (didn't have her size left at the one Target I went to)

Here are 2 options for DD2 (11 months)- one of them matches a DD1 option:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h15/nfowife/outfits/DSC_9323.jpg

But their leggings if they wear matching outfits aren't the exact same color, and I am not sure I really want them to have matching outfits. She'll probably wear berry colored robeez or black mary jane robeez type shoes with them (not walking yet so doesn't really matter).

Help? Do all these choices suck? I'm trying to be a bit more creative and feel like I'm failing. But after 2 nights of running around town until 10:00 shopping I'm getting burnt out! Aaagh!

I'm leaning towards the gray dress for younger DD and the floral for older DD....input?

LMPC
11-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice color palette! I like silver for older DD and striped for little DD. My reasoning is that I wonder if your sweater+the flowered dress might not come out a little busy in the pics. Just a thought.

sunshine873
11-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Nice color palette! I like silver for older DD and striped for little DD. My reasoning is that I wonder if your sweater+the flowered dress might not come out a little busy in the pics. Just a thought.

:yeahthat: I think the flowered dress might be a bit much for the pics.

mjs64
11-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Oh, I think all of the options are terrific! I would go for different outfits for the DDs and so not worry about matching or buying more leggings. Silver for older, striped for younger. All in all, as PP said, it's a gorgeous palette. Not too busy, I don't think, with the patterns, and not too matchy-matchy. Stop shopping. You've far from failed--this is great.

BeachBum
11-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I would go for the flower dress for the older and the gray top for the younger.
My reasoning is that I wouldn't want them to match, and I wouldn't want 2 of the three kids in stripes.
Cute outfits all around. :)

DietCokeLover
11-11-2011, 08:19 AM

:yeahthat:

crl
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM

:yeahthat:

Catherine

mecawa
11-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I think your color choices are GREAT!!! I would pick the grey/silver dress for DD1 and either the grey/silver or striped for DD2. If you don't want to do the matchy thing then go with the stripe. The floral one may be a bit too much print to go along with what everyone else is wearing.

I think your choices will make a really nice picture especially outdoors.

JoyNChrist
11-11-2011, 10:53 AM

This. Nice outfits!

WitMom
11-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I like the gray/silver for older DD and the pink striped for younger DD.

LMPC
11-11-2011, 08:35 PM
BTW, even if you didn't take our advice, we'd love to know how it all turned out :love-retry:

traciann
11-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I am going to say do the matching outfits for your girls because you need the solid color. I think with the top picture adding in one more pattern (either girl) would be too many patterns and you lose focus on faces.

WitMom
11-13-2011, 09:44 AM
(Hijacking) I have a quick question...the sweater for your husband...can you tell me what color it is (I can't tell if it's a plum-ish color or brown) and where you got it? I'm in family picture he!! right now, and this may help me pull together our pictures!

nfowife
11-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Dh's sweater is from Kohls. It is black with dark and light gray and a plum-y colored argyle print.
We had the pics done this afternoon. Dd1 wore the gray dress and dd2 wore the stripes. I'll let you know how they turned out but I'm hopeful :).

WitMom
11-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to run to Kohl's to check it out. And all of your choices were beautiful. With a fall backdrop, I bet the pictures will be awesome.