PDA

View Full Version : iOS 5 update--iphone/ipad

larig
11-10-2011, 06:22 PM
just saw this on macrumors. It may not be available everywhere at the same time...they're rolling it out slowly to mitigate traffic bottlenecks, I'd imagine. Here's what it's supposed to do...

This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:

- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation

ETA: if you have set up to update wirelessly, I believe you still have to be plugged into a charger (so that it doesn't lose power in the middle of the update and brick your phone/ipad).

mezzona
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
thanks! for the addl info too. I was going to try wirelessly... until I read your post.

wellyes
11-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Well now I feel like a dolt, I've been trying to use the gestures with my (original) ipad and was wondering why it wasn't working.....

BillK
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
just saw this on macrumors. It may not be available everywhere at the same time...they're rolling it out slowly to mitigate traffic bottlenecks, I'd imagine. Here's what it's supposed to do...

ETA: if you have set up to update wirelessly, I believe you still have to be plugged into a charger (so that it doesn't lose power in the middle of the update and brick your phone/ipad).

No mention of the annoying safari crashes?

peanut520
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I wonder if the patch will be there for a new 4s if I can locate one this weekend.

larig
11-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I wonder if the patch will be there for a new 4s if I can locate one this weekend.

Artvandalay got one yesterday! good luck! you'll probably have to download, I'd guess.

peanut520
11-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I got the update a few days ago, but it didn't help. I actually had my ipad2 replaced this morning because the home button wasnt waking mu iPad consistently. I mentioned the crashing issue and the guy helping me said that it probably not the update related. Well new iPad with IOS 5.0.1 and no issues so far.