PDA

View Full Version : Are there any retailers that do stroller layaway?

swissair81
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
I would love to get a +One. However, realities being as they are, I cannot fork over that amount of money at one time. I could save it up at home, but let's be honest- if it's around, it will end up paying for the drugstore and the grocery. If only...

love-pink
11-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Babies r us does ;) not sure what their stock includes though.

Eagletmom
11-10-2011, 09:36 PM
I would love to get a +One. However, realities being as they are, I cannot fork over that amount of money at one time. I could save it up at home, but let's be honest- if it's around, it will end up paying for the drugstore and the grocery. If only...

You should ask Rick @ hipbabygear/Babyontherun.com He is super nice and is always willing to give a swapper a good deal. Maybe he could set up layaway some how???

I am still loving mine and so are the kids. My 3 yo uses the back seat as his decompression chamber, and the 9mos old has this weird sense of empowerment (fearlessness) with her brother sitting behind her:ROTFLMAO:
She isn't like that in any other stroller, go figure;)

Eagletmom
11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Are you going to add it to your collection, or replace another stroller?
Just curious, I was supposed to sell my MB swift once I acquired the + one, but haven't had the willpower to do so:tongue5: Maybe I will sell it in the spring when the stroller market is hot on craigslist.

swissair81
11-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if my Swift is in sellable condition. It was my only useable single for a long time, and I may have worked it to death. The hood is stained, the wheels are mud encrusted, and it's my only stroller that I let my kids eat in. If I'm going to lose a ton on it, I might as well keep it.

Hip Baby Gear actually inspired this post. Their Giggle match sale had me drooling- until I realized that it wouldn't help me due to a lack of moola. I need a car double though. I never go out during the day, because I hate chasing my son everywhere. My Bee+ doesn't go that fast.

Kaylee31
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Have you thought about listing your Duo, and seeing if you can get a good price for that first? I'm sure there will be another 20% deal somewhere between Black Friday & Christmas. In the meantime, you can just add some funds to your PP acct. every week so you'll be ready.

Nechums
11-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I need a car double though. I never go out during the day, because I hate chasing my son everywhere. My Bee+ doesn't go that fast.

Does it make sense for you to buy the Bugaboo Wheeled Board? I use the Bee+ and the board as my car double. My DS is around the same age as yours and he stays put on the board.

Eagletmom
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure if my Swift is in sellable condition. It was my only useable single for a long time, and I may have worked it to death. The hood is stained, the wheels are mud encrusted, and it's my only stroller that I let my kids eat in. If I'm going to lose a ton on it, I might as well keep it.

Hip Baby Gear actually inspired this post. Their Giggle match sale had me drooling- until I realized that it wouldn't help me due to a lack of moola. I need a car double though. I never go out during the day, because I hate chasing my son everywhere. My Bee+ doesn't go that fast.

Ya, IKWYM. My swift has seen a fair amount of use as well. What about your Vista, do you have the rumble seat for that?

It could tide you over until your DS gets a little older. My DS3 insists on riding and probably won't be giving up his seat anytime soon.

swissair81
11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Ya, IKWYM. My swift has seen a fair amount of use as well. What about your Vista, do you have the rumble seat for that?

It could tide you over until your DS gets a little older. My DS3 insists on riding and probably won't be giving up his seat anytime soon.

I sold my Vista to another BBB member about a month or so ago.

swissair81
11-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Have you thought about listing your Duo, and seeing if you can get a good price for that first? I'm sure there will be another 20% deal somewhere between Black Friday & Christmas. In the meantime, you can just add some funds to your PP acct. every week so you'll be ready.

Maybe, but then am I going to have a problem when I need a stroller that reclines. Besides- the Duo is DH's favorite stroller. He may have a complete cow if I sell it.

swissair81
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Does it make sense for you to buy the Bugaboo Wheeled Board? I use the Bee+ and the board as my car double. My DS is around the same age as yours and he stays put on the board.

I have my HH hooked up to my Bee+, but I keep tripping over it and DS just gets off when he feels like running around. He did just that in the airport in Frankfurt. I was trying to chase him, and he was getting on the elevator and I kept tripping over the board. I would have left the stroller and run for it, but DD3 was in it, and I couldn't quite do that. Luckily my oldest caught him, but it was a close shave. The worst part is that he thought was absolutely hilarious. He also has tantrums, and I just about blew my top when he started kicking and screaming on the floor in our local mall last week. I think it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Eagletmom
11-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Maybe, but then am I going to have a problem when I need a stroller that reclines. Besides- the Duo is DH's favorite stroller. He may have a complete cow if I sell it.

Oh no don't sell the duo. I almost sold my duallie but I have been using it everyDay for walks. The baby almost always falls asleep and takes a nice 2 hour morning rest. The push on the Duo is much better better than the plus one with 2 kids in tow.

Baby on the Run
11-14-2011, 01:48 PM
You should ask Rick @ hipbabygear/Babyontherun.com He is super nice and is always willing to give a swapper a good deal. Maybe he could set up layaway some how???

I am still loving mine and so are the kids. My 3 yo uses the back seat as his decompression chamber, and the 9mos old has this weird sense of empowerment (fearlessness) with her brother sitting behind her:ROTFLMAO:
She isn't like that in any other stroller, go figure;)
Thanks for the nice compliment. We are always willing to work with customers as best we can. we have done layaway programs before and had good success, so always feel free to contact me.

Eagletmom
11-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Oh no don't sell the duo. I almost sold my duallie but I have been using it everyDay for walks. The baby almost always falls asleep and takes a nice 2 hour morning rest. The push on the Duo is much better better than the plus one with 2 kids in tow.

Sell the swift and keep the duo, get the plus one and just keep a nice reversible single around for good measure that's what I plan to do ;-) now if I could only follow my own advice ;-)

swissair81
11-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Sell the swift and keep the duo, get the plus one and just keep a nice reversible single around for good measure that's what I plan to do ;-) now if I could only follow my own advice ;-)

Swift is listed on my local CL. Now I'm waiting. Of course, I have 2 reversible singles- my CL Bee+ and the Cam bought with the Vista proceeds, but I need one with a bassinet (right?)

Eagletmom
11-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Swift is listed on my local CL. Now I'm waiting. Of course, I have 2 reversible singles- my CL Bee+ and the Cam bought with the Vista proceeds, but I need one with a bassinet (right?)

Well, I have never been a big fan of bassinets. I would have loved to have one with my 1st. But once you have other riders that may need to take a seat, they are an unnecessary item that takes up cargo space in a already very full car. Plus bassinet or not all of my babies prefered to be worn until about 4-6 mos. You could always get a bassinet for the plus one if you really needed one, but it does come with the infant insert.

swissair81
11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, I have never been a big fan of bassinets. I would have loved to have one with my 1st. But once you have other riders that may need to take a seat, they are an unnecessary item that takes up cargo space in a already very full car. Plus bassinet or not all of my babies prefered to be worn until about 4-6 mos. You could always get a bassinet for the plus one if you really needed one, but it does come with the infant insert.

My Cam has a bassinet. My current baby slept in the Vista bassinet until 7 months or so. Although when we went out I wore her because I had no car double.

Eagletmom
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
My Cam has a bassinet. My current baby slept in the Vista bassinet until 7 months or so. Although when we went out I wore her because I had no car double.

Wow! 7months! Of course what baby wouldn't want to sleep in that plush vista bassinet :-) I know I would love to curl up and take a nap in one they look so cozy ;-)

Kaylee31
11-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the nice compliment. We are always willing to work with customers as best we can. we have done layaway programs before and had good success, so always feel free to contact me.

That's awesome!

swissair81
11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
(Semi BP) Men are frustrating. I got so excited about this layaway thing. My husband refuses to let me do it. Why? Because it's no longer 20% off and he would have let me pay the whole thing at one time, but he doesn't want me to obligate myself to one retailer if I can find it cheaper somewhere else. So now I have to wait till a 20% sale comes around again, and hope he remembers what he said. If anyone sees one, LMK?