PDA

View Full Version : Exchange policy at TRU?

army_mom
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
DD received a gift of a Fisher Price laugh and learn tea pot. We already have this toy (she loves it!) but they did not give us a gift receipt. Can we take it to TRU and exchange for a toy of same value without a receipt? Or is there another place that has a good without receipt exchange policy?

Thanks for any tips!

ElspethCordelia
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Kohl's will let you exchange it for anything that is the same exact regular price that they sell it for.

MomtoNico
11-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I also had luck returning toys at Walmart- from the suggestions of this board. I recieved a gift card not cash then bought another toy at a later date.

FedBaby
11-10-2011, 09:38 PM
BRU has allowed me to do a drivers license return for store credit, but they told me you're "limited to $150/yr and TRU is the same store."

That said, my husband went in to do one and they told him they're not really supposed to do them blah blah blah.

I think they gave me the lowest price in however many months (I got $35.99 for my $45.99 box of pampers even to "exchange" a box and then they charged us full price for the new box we wanted to exchange it for, so they made $10 in the deal! :32: